★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Match 3 RPGs

04-01-2010, 01:56 PM
#1
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 10
Match 3 RPGs

Hey guys I was hoping for some suggestion on Puzzle Quest like games for the iTouch. I already have puzzle quest for my DS, so thats why I'm not getting it. Thanks for the help in advance!
04-01-2010, 01:58 PM
#2
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 6,457
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamFury View Post
Hey guys I was hoping for some suggestion on Puzzle Quest like games for the iTouch. I already have puzzle quest for my DS, so thats why I'm not getting it. Thanks for the help in advance!

There is none like this.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

04-01-2010, 01:59 PM
#3
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,242
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamFury View Post
Hey guys I was hoping for some suggestion on Puzzle Quest like games for the iTouch. I already have puzzle quest for my DS, so thats why I'm not getting it. Thanks for the help in advance!
You can try Devil Invasion, it's pretty good.
04-01-2010, 02:00 PM
#4
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: With Carmen Sandiego
Posts: 887
u can try devil invasion - it's free today and is vaguely like puz qst.
no harm done if u dont like it cos its free!!
yay!

Game Centre I.D - Scarypharaoh
04-01-2010, 02:31 PM
#5
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamFury View Post
Hey guys I was hoping for some suggestion on Puzzle Quest like games for the iTouch. I already have puzzle quest for my DS, so thats why I'm not getting it. Thanks for the help in advance!
The Puzzle Quest for the DS differs from the touch version, especially now since they released a new chapter. 3 chapters on the touch.

Devil Invasion as has been mentioned.

And a slightly different twist - Kingdom of Gnestor. Matching colors gives you abilities in a Harry Hatsworth kind of way.
04-01-2010, 02:42 PM
#6
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 820
Damn I didn't know Puzzle Quest Chapter 3 was out.

Any idea of the cost? I've been holding back on getting Puzzle Quest knowing that Chapter 3 was in limbo, and I didn't want to play an incomplete game.

Currently Playing: Plants vs. Zombies, The War of Eustrath, Zenonia 1, Phoenix Wright, The Quest
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/txag2005
Win ANY APP in Headcase Games' Daily 180 Twitter contest!
04-01-2010, 02:44 PM
#7
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 6,457
Quote:
Originally Posted by txag2005 View Post
Damn I didn't know Puzzle Quest Chapter 3 was out.

Any idea of the cost? I've been holding back on getting Puzzle Quest knowing that Chapter 3 was in limbo, and I didn't want to play an incomplete game.

The cheapest way is to download the lite version and buy all three chapters in-game.
Then you'll pay only 4.99$. It is highly recommended. The puzzle game I love most.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
04-01-2010, 02:48 PM
#8
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
The cheapest way is to download the lite version and buy all three chapters in-game.
Then you'll pay only 4.99$. It is highly recommended. The puzzle game I love most.
Man that just made my day.....I figured the update was vaporware at this point.

Quick question, if you buy the free version, start playing, then upgrade, will you get to keep your characters?

Currently Playing: Plants vs. Zombies, The War of Eustrath, Zenonia 1, Phoenix Wright, The Quest
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/txag2005
Win ANY APP in Headcase Games' Daily 180 Twitter contest!
04-01-2010, 02:50 PM
#9
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 6,457
Quote:
Originally Posted by txag2005 View Post
Man that just made my day.....I figured the update was vaporware at this point.

Quick question, if you buy the free version, start playing, then upgrade, will you get to keep your characters?

Tough question... I never had the lite and started directly with the full version.
Maybe another forum member can help you out here.

But really, Chapter 3 added nearly the the same contend as Chapter 1 & 2 together. This game is huge and don't stops entertaining you.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

Last edited by Vovin; 04-01-2010 at 02:55 PM.
04-01-2010, 02:57 PM
#10
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 820
So is the in app purchase for Puzzle Quest trust worthy? I've been burned before on this stuff, so I'm always hesitant.

Currently Playing: Plants vs. Zombies, The War of Eustrath, Zenonia 1, Phoenix Wright, The Quest
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/txag2005
Win ANY APP in Headcase Games' Daily 180 Twitter contest!