★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Pinball Ride 1.1 Out [Easter Weekend Sale + Free]

04-01-2010, 03:41 PM
Pinball Ride 1.1 Out [Easter Weekend Sale + Free]

Hello Pinball Wizards

We've just updated Pinball Ride [Free and Unlimited].
Pinball Ride Free has been #1 Free App in Italy and Mexico.

For this Easter weekend Pinball Ride Unlimited is only $2.99 .

The difference between Pinball Ride and the other iPhone pinball games, are 3 things :
  • The pinball simulation has a realistic feel and offers a deep skill progression.
  • This is a unique table full of challenges, that keeps you in the game.
  • It offers even a deeper experience through achievements and friend list competition.

Pinball Ride is a Premium Pinball Experience, that will entertain you for hours.

Here is what you get with Pinball Ride:
  • Pinball simulation with a realistic feel.
  • Fast 3D graphics and amazing sound effects.
  • Unique table with original universe and storyline.
  • Illustrated progression and original soundtrack.
  • Various challenges and modes including multi-balls.
  • Unlockable achievements.
  • Online competition with Facebook friends.
  • Progress publishable on Facebook through the game.

Here are some screens from the Update release.

Our Launch Trailer is here:

Youtube link | Pop Up

For those who know the game, we've been working on this update for the last 4 months, and we believe this update seriously improves the game. There is an in-depth post on our blog about the improvements made in version 1.1.

Free version's Burst mode may not be enough to get a good idea of the game, and we are still working on the design of our Free version.
In the meantime, I'd like to give you a couple of in-game credits for the Free version for you to try the full game for Free. You just need to choose a unique profile name and send me a private message with your profile name in order not to spam the thread.
How to get a profile name:

Please share your impressions about the game.

Thank you !

To contact us use contact@massivefinger.com
If there is any issue please use support@massivefinger.com
Or you can fill a form : http://pinballride.massivefinger.com/support

Laurent,
http://massivefinger.com
Follow us at : http://twitter.com/massivefinger
04-01-2010, 04:22 PM
I've played the lite version when it was released. I thought the game was a stand-out amongst the other Pinball selections on iTunes. Great physics and true 3D perspective make it nice. Not to mention the theme always has jobs for you to acquire. At the time I got burned, IMO by Pinball Dreaming for $5 so I took a "leave of absence" from PB.

Good to see you all still working on this and keeping us informed, cheers

Richard

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon

04-01-2010, 04:42 PM
MassiveFinger was kind enough to set me up with some free credits to try out Pinball Ride, and as a pretty huge fan of pinball I can definitely say I'm impressed. This game is a ton of fun. The graphics are nice and physics are solid. I really like the table, it has an open design so the action is really fast paced. And there's TONS of missions. Plus there's an awesome multiball. It's just an incredibly fun, polished pinball game.

The one thing I think has held this game back has been the $5 price tag. Not to say that Pinball Ride isn't worth that, rather I'd say it's worth even more. But in the grand scheme of the whole app store environment, $5 is kind of high for one table when the competition is in the 1-2 dollar range.

I'm glad there's a sale, I think $2.99 is more in line with what's out there, and hopefully they can get a nice boost in sales. I've not even gone thru all my credits for the free version yet, and I'm definitely still purchasing this right now. Everyone should definitely give the lite a shot. I agree Burst mode doesn't really give you a good feel for the game, but it takes just a second to create a name and get some free credits for the full. Once you've tried the full version, you'll see how much fun it is and will want to take advantage of this sale.

Fondle me on Twitter:@JaredTA
04-01-2010, 05:10 PM
I too recieved a few free credits, what a rush, 39,000,000 on my third playthrough! The end boss battle is epic (would have been moreso had I won)

I love that you can toggle the view in-game, and multiball plays really slick.

Do yourself a favor and check out the lite version of this game

I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
04-01-2010, 06:40 PM
Thank you guys for joining the thread

It's always great to see when players appreciate the game you've been working on. Thanks for pointing out what you like in the game.

The game contains a lot of tricks, and I'm always amazed by the score players are able to make. Right now, the top 10 world players have scored above 1 BILLION POINTS!

When you are playing for the high score, you should know a few tips:
  • If you tap on the story illustrations, you can skip them. Sometime leaving them give you a few seconds rest, but sometimes you are in the flow, and you might just want to go faster.
  • If you want to get saved from a dangerous ball don't hesitate to nudge the device from left to right and right to left, there is a special move that lets you deviate the ball from its trajectory, but be careful, it requires good timing.

Don't hesitate to share your high scores, your tricks, and any detail you like or you think could be improved.

Don't forget to check the list of achievements too

Laurent,

Last edited by massivefinger; 04-01-2010 at 06:46 PM.
04-01-2010, 06:49 PM
Thanks for the pointers I just scored 3 million on burst. Ihave been playing this non-stop since earlier.

04-01-2010, 07:30 PM
The only negative I have to say about the game is having to buy credits for the game after you buy it. How many credits do you get with $2.99 game? It's $0.99 for 5 credits. Or once you buy the full version, credits are free???
04-01-2010, 07:49 PM
Unlimited is really unlimited :)

Hi !

You don't need any credits after you buy the Unlimited pass or Unlimited version of the game. It's completely unlimited That's good news !

Someone left a comment/review on the App Store about that, but that's not true. To avoid confusion, we removed the credits from the In-App purchases.

Laurent,

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPRICE81 View Post
The only negative I have to say about the game is having to buy credits for the game after you buy it. How many credits do you get with $2.99 game? It's $0.99 for 5 credits. Or once you buy the full version, credits are free???
04-01-2010, 07:59 PM
Send a message via AIM to RankoSao
how does this compare to the Deep Pinball?

DEFY THE COSMOS!
04-01-2010, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RankoSao View Post
how does this compare to the Deep Pinball?
That's a good question
The games are different in many aspects. Get the Free version of Pinball Ride, and let us know what you think.

Tip: Some players prefer the fixed Top View camera to default, to change the camera go to the Pause menu by Tapping on the score, and change it from there.