★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Being the #1 Overall Game - Our Experience!

04-01-2010, 11:12 PM
[MAJOR UPDATE!] Being the #1 Overall Game - Our Experience!

Hi everyone! As promised we will share some numbers about the downloads we are getting for The Impossible Test! The app is currently free and it's the Overall #1 App in all the major countries + more (US, Canada, UK, Australia etc.).

Our game went to #1 because of freeAppCalendar.com. If you haven't heard of them, you should really check them out! They really helped The Impossible Test push to become the most downloaded app in the store!

So now for some numbers...
On the day of being free with freeAppCalendar.com - aprox. 28000
On the following day of being free - 180,000
Third Day of being free - 300,000
Fourth Day of being free - 325,000

As you can see from the data so far, our sales went INSANE on the second day of being free! The second day is when we actually reached the #1 in most countries! We will update this thread as new data becomes available!

Fun Fact: On the second day we were averaging 2 sales/sec!
Fun Fact: On the third day we were averaging 3.5 sales/sec!!!!

I make games at PixelCUBE Studios! Follow me @naveen_pcs

Last edited by simplymuzik3; 04-04-2010 at 12:50 AM.
04-01-2010, 11:21 PM
I tried getting it but iTunes is hating on me because I owe them a lot of money
i think it has in-app purchases, correct? Have you seen an incrrease in paid sales for that part of the game? I always imagined free app promotions would be most benificial to games with inapp purchases- I remember one game, koto kart or something like that, had a similar experience.

04-02-2010, 12:44 AM
Wow, thats insane. Congrats! It makes me really happy to see this all start off with freeAppCalendar. Your first day of free-ness eclipses mine by a wide margin.

A ragdoll physics platformer:Flickitty
The artist: randall schleufer
Twitter: @FlickittyiPhone
04-02-2010, 02:18 AM
I would be really intrigued to see if your in-app purchase sales have been sucessfull too! I'm thinking of doing this with one of our game with in-app purchase.

We Are Colin - Indie Games from Derby, UK. Facebook Twitter YouTube
Gravity Runner - Running game with Retro Graphics
Screw The Dealer + iSevens - Card Games -
WordSearch Rush - Featured by Apple - Available now
04-02-2010, 07:35 AM
Check the first post for new stats! MAJOR updates!

04-02-2010, 04:57 PM
Send a message via AIM to raleigh Send a message via Skype™ to raleigh
Congratulations man and thanks for sharing!

When you say sales, you really just mean downloads of the free version, right? I'm more curious how many of those downloads are getting converted into actual sales through In App Purchase.
04-02-2010, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raleigh View Post
Congratulations man and thanks for sharing!

When you say sales, you really just mean downloads of the free version, right? I'm more curious how many of those downloads are getting converted into actual sales through In App Purchase.
Actually we don't have a "lite" version. We are giving away the FULL game for free! From the in-app purchase, you can buy and "answer sheet" for $0.99. We are making as much money as some of the top paid apps right now!

04-03-2010, 03:23 PM
Thanks for sharing, and congrats!

We are definitely interested in using FreeAppCalendar - did you guys do anything special/offer any incentives to help the votes for your game on the site?

[url="http://appsto.re/fowlplay"]fowlplay[/url] - Now Available!
[url="http://www.happynin.com/"]Happynin Games[/url]: iPhone/iPod Touch Developer Focused on Bringing Quality Games to the App Store
04-04-2010, 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyninGames View Post
Thanks for sharing, and congrats!

We are definitely interested in using FreeAppCalendar - did you guys do anything special/offer any incentives to help the votes for your game on the site?
Nope, we did nothing! In less than 24 hours we received an email letting us know that our app was voted! They gave us a few days notice, and it all started from there! The best thing about freeAppCalendar.com is that you don't have to wait a while to get your app featured. Within a few days, the entire process can be complete (unlike the other 2 free app services).

04-04-2010, 09:34 AM
Really happy to see your success.