★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Who's never spent money on an app?

View Poll Results: Who's never spent money on an app?
Certified Cheapskate: "I never spent 'nuffin on no crummy aps!" 2 2.30%
Just a Little Frugal: "I only boughts 'couple, maybee 2 or 3...and they wuz really good ones! 10 11.49%
App Store Sponsor: "Sure, I buys apps! I loves 'em!" 75 86.21%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll
02-11-2009, 10:22 AM
Who's never spent money on an app?

OK 'fess up. Who 'round here's never paid money for an app?

I betcha some of youse are hiding out there...come on 'fess up!

EDIT: hey, i'm NOT asking who's pirating software. i'm more interested in who seems to get enough satisfaction from lite versions that they need go no further

Christopher York
Blue Ox Technologies Ltd.

Last edited by blue ox; 02-11-2009 at 01:49 PM.
02-11-2009, 10:27 AM
Make this thread to a Poll.
To answer you Question: I have spent money on apps. /

02-11-2009, 10:33 AM
its impossible not to spend money on the app store :/
My bank account doesnt like me after I got an iphone
02-11-2009, 10:36 AM
Send a message via AIM to istopmotion Send a message via MSN to istopmotion
My mom bought an iPod Touch and she hasn't spent a penny on apps. :P My dad and I have spent a LOT on apps. I think she's crazy because she doesn't use her iPod the way I think it was meant to be used! She rarely uses her iPod... usually she uses it to check her email. :P

She should give me her iPod so I can have two

Please follow me on Twitter!
I LOVE all Guitar Hero/Rock Band games. Gamertag is 'istopmotion' Add me if you want a challenge
02-11-2009, 10:50 AM
My mom bought an iPod Touch and she hasn't spent a penny on apps. :P My dad and I have spent a LOT on apps. I think she's crazy because she doesn't use her iPod the way I think it was meant to be used! She rarely uses her iPod... usually she uses it to check her email. :P

Thats just pure sacrilege.......like eating an ice cone w/o ice cream or having toast w/o butter or having a drivers license w/o a car or bourbon and coke w/o the coke (uhh, maybe thats not so bad) or having a Touch/iPhone w/o TA as your homescreen.........

Last edited by Coldar; 02-11-2009 at 11:12 AM.
02-11-2009, 10:57 AM
I have only spent like 10 dollars. Only my favorite games and one app (iBreviary)

Games Currently Playing: Pro Evolution Soccer 2010, GT Racing Academy, Brother in Arms 2, Real Tennis 2009, N.O.V.A, Modern Combat: Sandstorm, Pocket Chef, RF2010, Warfare Incorporated, Doodle Jump, Homerun Batle, Trade Nations, Social CIty, City Story
Games Waiting For: FIFA 11, RF 11.

Last edited by Underoath777; 02-11-2009 at 11:28 AM.
02-11-2009, 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Underoath777 View Post
I have only spent like 10 dollars. With this situation (Economic) and because im paying for my car i have to use another way lol and dont come after me because of that. I have bought the ones i liked it and the ones i play the most (Asphalt, bejeweled, Vegas pool sharks and SIM CITY, ohh and iBreviary (Yes, Im a big Catholic guy). I used to download lots of those apps for free but i just gave up. Dont come after me lol
Won't waste my time, but if you don't want people to come after you, uh, maybe don't say anything? Why even open yourself up to that?

If you ask me, this thread is kind of just asking in a round about way if you pirate or not. I mean, who hasn't bought an app but spends time on TA?
What you're really asking is who's playing games but hasn't payed for them.
02-11-2009, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Charley View Post
Won't waste my time, but if you don't want people to come after you, uh, maybe don't say anything? Why even open yourself up to that?

If you ask me, this thread is kind of just asking in a round about way if you pirate or not. I mean, who hasn't bought an app but spends time on TA?
What you're really asking is who's playing games but hasn't payed for them.
no mr. charley

actually i was thinking more about people playing only Lite versions. the thought about pirating never crossed my mind ... until now

Christopher York
Blue Ox Technologies Ltd.
02-11-2009, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue ox View Post
no mr. charley

actually i was thinking more about people playing only Lite versions. the thought about pirating never crossed my mind ... until now
Ahh, you're right. It's probably underoath's fault for setting me off

Though I'll tell you something, if people can only hold themselves to lite versions, they deserve a medal in self-restraint.
02-11-2009, 12:46 PM
In all reality how can you actually spend time at TA and not buy games. Way to hard for me to do, this site makes me buy more games then I ever should,

iTouch Gaming
Willing to blog about your game to help devs get their game out. PM if interested.