★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Amazing Games
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 37.0 MB
  • Version: 1.0.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Northern Lights HD is an incredible and addictive puzzle game set in an arctic environment inspired by the phenomena Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights) which is natural light displays in the sky.

In Northern Lights HD, you use your finger to shot magic balls and clear each stage for special stars - and you get to reveal wonderful star constellations that have been hidden for mankind for centuries.

Watch out of for black holes and their gravity effects - or let them eat your magic matter and grow until they burst and destroy nearby star systems!

It is like Peggle - but in reverse ... and it is also so much more!

Northern Lights HD is one of those special puzzle games that just waited for the right platform to come along - the large beautiful screen is perfect for the visual feast that unfolds before your eyes, and the touch interface let you shoot magic balls directly with your finger, matching the exact velocity and direction of your finger. Northern Lights HD could simply not have been realized on any other platform!

ChezDoodles's comments:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/northern-lights-hd/id364912193

iPad ONLY

Northern Lights HD is an incredible and addictive puzzle game set in an arctic environment – inspired by the phenomena Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights) which is natural light displays in the sky.

In Northern Lights HD, you use your finger to shot magic balls and clear each stage for special stars - and you get to reveal wonderful star constellations that have been hidden for mankind for centuries.

Watch out of for black holes and their gravity effects - or let them eat your magic matter and grow until they burst and destroy nearby star systems!

It is like Peggle - but in reverse ... and it is also so much more!

Enjoy!

-------

Promo codes:
I do have about a dozen promo codes - all I ask is that you rate the game at the AppStore.
Please PM me for promo code.
04-02-2010, 05:51 PM
Sorry, no more promo codes available.

04-04-2010, 12:09 AM
Tis a shame its only on iPad
04-08-2010, 03:20 PM
Anyone seen video on this game? Tempted to pick it up.
04-09-2010, 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf101 View Post
Anyone seen video on this game? Tempted to pick it up.
Actually, another site did a review and posted a gameplay video on YouTube:
Northern Lights HD gameplay

Regards,
Sven

*I am not endorsing any site - just providing a video link as requested
04-09-2010, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChezDoodles View Post
Actually, another site did a review and posted a gameplay video on YouTube:
Northern Lights HD gameplay

Regards,
Sven

*I am not endorsing any site - just providing a video link as requested
I think its all cool now. For the record I am the owner of that site.. I spoke with Arn personally and cleared the air of any of the past issues that we had.

Though I think our sitename is still in the banned list of word due to some people I had working on the site a year ago who spammed the hell out of it here and get us banned.

AS for the game I'm going to post a little of the review here about it since more people do visit here than at my site. Here is a little of the review

Quote:
In Northern Lights the objective of the game is to collect all the pink dots on the screen before your power drain. To accomplish this you must navigate your ball around varying obstacles scattered throughout the games 44 increasingly challenging levels.

In one regard the game plays very much like a Peggle clone albeit with you controlling the arch, speed, and direction of the balls trajectory. To play a user swipes upwards from the bottom of the screen towards the pink balls. You will notice that there are other colored balls on the screen as well. Each of these other balls has a different property assigned to them. Some provide additional scoring bonuses while others will propel or trap your ball.

In the higher levels new and dangerous obstacles will be presented that will push and pull your ball off it’s path or in the case of a black hole simple swallow your ball whole.

The second game this reminds me of is Block Breaker. In that game as well as Northern Lights you will want to get get your ball above the obstacles to allow your ball to ricochet above the obstacles thus generating additional points and clearing out larger sections of the board at a time.

As you progress you will gain the ability to fire a laser shot. These shots are activated by holding down on the swipe section of the board for a few seconds until your laser is activated. Once activated you can direct the laser and when you remove your finger anything in it’s path will be destroyed. However activating the laser will consume massive amounts of your power bar so use it sparingly.

Last edited by Dorfdad; 04-09-2010 at 11:55 AM.
07-11-2010, 02:58 PM
Really love this game. Its like upside down peggle. I was hoping Pop-cap games would release Peggle HD but since they haven't so far, Colorsound suggested Northern Lights HD and it was a great suggestion.

FreeAppTracker.com free daily apps, rankings, & contests!