★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Bang! on the App Store---anyone tried it?

02-11-2009, 01:08 PM
Bang! on the App Store---anyone tried it?

We're looking for feedback from anyone who's tried Bang!, a new 2D cel-shaded arcade game in the app store. We're the developers and this is our first game title. There'll be a free download giveaway in the next few days over at RazorianFly (http://www.razorianfly.com).

Thanks,

the guys at Portable Hole
http://www.portablehole.com

Last edited by portablehOle; 02-11-2009 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Added link to game in App Store
02-11-2009, 01:36 PM
Just sent a PM to you...It's funny; i was just looking at that app. and it looks great. Could you post, or maybe there already is one, a video of gameplay?

02-11-2009, 01:42 PM
screenshot also helpful

02-11-2009, 01:55 PM
There's a video of an older beta here. We're putting out a new version of our hunting app but will get better video out soon.
02-11-2009, 01:58 PM
downloading now...

I'll post a review as soon as i get a chance to play...

K - Quick three rounds complete...sort of.

I got killed too quickly, but that's what great about this game! Besides the fantastic cartoonish appearance & great sound effects, i can't wait to play some more! Addicting? ABSOLUTELY!!!

By pressing the "i" in the lower left hand screen, the (very thorough) directions appear, instructing you to hit all bombs ( 1 tap) that award 500-5,000 points, depending on size, and for passing bombers (10 taps), you recieve 10,000 points. You have 3 lives to begin, with those depleting every time you miss a bomb, and there are a total of 9 rounds (Missions) and to complete these, besides surviving the bomb attack, you must also destroy at least 3 bombers per round. if you miss a bomber, even more bombs will fall, and each round is faster than the previous...

Stars (achievments) are awarded upon completing 9 missions, issued for missing no bombers for the entire game, losing no lives & scoring over 1 million points. At the start-up of the game, the high score displays, along with the previous stars earned.

At $1.99, this game is worth it and then some. I would definitely recommend it for the casual user, right up to those who like to "complete" a game (Good Luck!) and those who just straight up want a challenge.

Download BANG! today!!! You will NOT regret it!!!

Last edited by McGill; 02-11-2009 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Review
02-11-2009, 02:11 PM
i remember this from awhile ago...
graphics look good so ill prob download
02-11-2009, 03:22 PM
Tips for the game:

To beat it, at some point you'll probably have to be able to coordinate multiple fingers. We've got one person who's able to finish it using only one finger and she moves ridiculuously fast. I have to use 2-3 fingers, kind of like playing a keyboard or fretting a guitar. The touch screen can sense touches a fraction of a second apart, so try to destroy bombs in runs rather than in single pokes.

Getting the bombers in the later levels is tough, but eventually you'll get used to hovering your finger over the screen and rapidly bouncing it, creating a very satisfying continuous machinegun sound in the process. Sometimes you'll hit the bomber on the very edge of the screen---look for the black smoke that indicates a bomber explosion as opposed to a normal bomb.
02-11-2009, 11:11 PM
Bang! download code giveaway is ON

The download giveaway mentioned in the first post is now live.