★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: pascal inc.
  • Genre: Sports
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 14.6 MB
  • Version: 1.9.8
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Dynamic bass boat driving, real lure action, and breathless excitement!
A fully 3D bass fishing game has finally arrived!!

*Features of Free Version

-You can select 5 types of fishing lures.
-Advertisements will be shown throughout the game.

FEATURES:

You can steer your bass boat freely.
Find your own casting point by driving bass boat dynamically!

There are 4 kinds of game mode: Online Tournament, Tournament, Challenge, and Free fishing.

Even beginners can feel reassured with hint systems!
Use sonar to detect shadows of fishes, so you can able to find fishing point more faster.

There are 6 Fishing Fields!!
(Except Thunder Lake and Circle Lake. You have a limit of play time.)

There are over 10 different kinds of fishes you can catch!!

There are five varieties of lures (top, shallow, deep, bottom) to choose.
Seek out the right climate and time frame, then catch the big bass.

Camera will change to an underwater camera when you are retrieving.
You can see real lure's action and tactics of the bass.

Because of the fully 3D, it makes you feel a real performance.
We are sure that it'll be a breathless excitement.

During the fight, you're also given advice on how to handle the rod.

Challenge mode added!
You can enjoy thrilling fishing experience under the time, season, climate, etc.

Let's have fun sport fishing!!

goiMot's comments:

04-02-2010, 11:24 PM
this actually looks kinda cool... ill maybe pick it up if its good

04-02-2010, 11:31 PM
This does look nice. Kind of a surprise that it would pop up in the store right before Fishing Kings. I'll probably TOFTT later if nobody else does.
04-03-2010, 09:50 AM
That video is not to appealing, I hope fishing kings is going look better than this.
04-04-2010, 12:01 AM
Game Impressions

Tried this game out today. There's some stuff missing in the game that I would have liked to have included, but the gameplay isn't bad. Only played about 30-40 minutes so far so take these impressions for what they are. The game only has a free play mode, which is kind of disappointing, I was hoping for more modes, such as competition or a tournament mode.

The actual fishing is pretty good, however. Before you start you can set the season, weather, and time of day you want to fish. Using an onscreen cursor you are able to drive your boat around a large lake and fish in any location you choose. The boat has a fish finder to spot fish under the boat, and when you see fish in an area you are able to stop and cast very quickly if you want to by pressing a cast button, once to ready your cast and twice to cast, so its a good thing that you don't have to wait too long for the boat to stop and risk the fish swimming away. You can set the direction and distance of your cast by using the cursor before pressing the button to make your cast. You can also choose to change your lure if you want to. After you cast your pole and your line is in the water you can move the line and bait in different directions using the same cursor thats used to steer the boat when driving it. Some fish will only chase after certain bait and most fish will only go after bait if it is moving realistically in the water. I wouldn't say the A.I. of the fish is great, but its okay. There is a separate button for the reel, holding it will reel in your line and letting go will stop reeling, simple enough. When a fish bites you immediately move the pole and reel quickly to set the hook. From there you start reeling in carefully, staying within the tension meter and following the onscreen arrow prompts to pull and tilt your pole in a certain direction with the cursor so you don't lose the fish. I have had no issues with the controls at all, from driving the boat to the actual fishing, they work fine. The game uses touch controls only.

There are 2 different difficulty settings in the game: EASY and HARD, but the fishing is not a big challenge for the most part on either setting. It is fun though, and the fish can be caught often and without much wait. There are even a few "cows" in the water. There is also a good selection of lures to use and a few different types of fish to catch. A fishing log/personal leaderboard records detailed info of the fish you catch, its setup nice, but here's a big problem...the game doesn't save once you exit...at all! To me, that's a big feature to be missing in a fishing game and I can't understand why it was left out.

The graphics of the game are decent for the most part, the fish are detailed but the water could be clearer. The animations are smooth enough, I like the underwater viewpoint.. watching the fish and bait in motion, the fish do put up a fight and you get to see all the action.

Right now I'm not really sure how to judge this game. The lack of other game modes/competition and a save feature is not good. Without those the game lacks depth, feels more like a leisurely freeplay fishing game, and having to start over every time you play the game feels generic as far as the presentation goes. But, the actual fishing/gameplay is good, sometimes a little on the easy side but still.. quite good.

Being into fishing and fishing video games my whole life, I'm more likely to like these kinds of games I guess, at least more than those who don't like fishing . So my own opinion of it is that I like this game for what it is and I do not regret the purchase at all, but I obviously wish there was more modes/features...maybe even a reward system that you could earn better poles and lures as you progress and more than one lake to fish in. I'm going to get Fishing Kings when its released and then I'm gonna compare that game to this one, you never know that game could end up sucking, but chances are that Fishing Kings will have more modes and features included. Will have to wait and see.

Right now I can recommend this to die-hard fishing game fans, the gameplay is good enough to satisfy. especially when compared to most other iphone fishing game titles available at the moment. Anyone else who's only remotely interested in this game or fishing games, unless you have extra $.. you may want to wait and see if this game gets an update with more modes and a save feature added in, wait for a price drop, or see what the upcoming Fishing Kings has to bring first.
04-04-2010, 12:04 AM
Looks good. Let's see how Fishing Kings is going to compete with this.

hi
04-05-2010, 11:34 PM
Ok well I said I was gonna compare this game with Fishing Kings once it came out so here I am again.

Fishing Kings has this one beat in almost every category, especially in presentation and game modes/features. This one however, does have slightly better controls believe it or not. The accelerometer controls used in Fishing Kings to tilt the rod when reeling in a fish is not as good as the cursor/dpad used in this game. So the controls would probably go to this one by a small margin because of that. Also in this one you can drive a boat around and fish in any part of the lake, in Fishing Kings you can't do that. Overall though Fishing Kings is the better game because of its depth,graphics, and presentation.. but if you love fishing games and already have Fishing Kings and some extra credit$ you might wanna check this one out too.
04-14-2010, 09:21 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Version 1.0.1 is out:
What's new

Rankings can now be saved.
We also fixed some bugs.

The next update will include new game modes. Please stay tuned.