★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Pretty low Apple review strategy process.

04-03-2010, 02:09 AM
Pretty low Apple review strategy process.

It seems all the new apps coming out for both iphone and iPad has the iPad version already approved but the iphone/ipod version still 'in review' even though the app is basically the same with slightly reworked UI...

Seems like a push for iPad time exclusivity that isn't in the app dev's control, unless I'm reading this wrong.

I may just be bitter that warpgate ain't out yet lol.
04-03-2010, 02:11 AM
There are probably less iPad apps being sent in, and if they have different teams, it means they have less to do.

04-03-2010, 02:16 AM
Of course Apple is pushing out iPad games quicker, the launch is tomorrow. It sucks but oh well.
04-03-2010, 02:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by derek420 View Post
Of course Apple is pushing out iPad games quicker, the launch is tomorrow. It sucks but oh well.
Apple is already lowering the touch into the ground. 6 days for the minigore update. Digusting...
04-03-2010, 02:33 AM
The iPad is bad for all of us iPhone/touch users.

Currently Playing: Red Conquest, Battle for Wesnoth, and too many others.
Graal Classic ID: Blaze / Gameloft Live:Ace_97
Plus:Ace_97 / Open Feint:Ace_97 / Red Conquest: Ace_of_Spades
04-03-2010, 02:34 AM
Honestly I think things will be back to normal after a little while. I'm sure all hands were on deck for the iPad launch, especially since Apple essentially promised tons of apps ready for download on launch day.

It is a little questionable though that games like Zenonia 2 and Vampire Origins got pretty quick approvals from what I hear, but Mirror's Edge, Warp Gate, and Pocket Legends, all new games with iPad verions are held up in approval. Hopefully it's just part of the launch madness and things will get back to normal soon.

Currently Playing: Plants vs. Zombies, The War of Eustrath, Zenonia 1, Phoenix Wright, The Quest
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/txag2005
Win ANY APP in Headcase Games' Daily 180 Twitter contest!
04-03-2010, 02:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_97 View Post
The iPad is bad for all of us iPhone/touch users.
Developers are going to be leaving a lot of money on the table if they abandon the iphone/iPod Touch market. Iphones are going nowhere (they continue to increase marketshare in the smartphone market) and iPod Touches is tied to the waist of the iPhone in terms of apps.

If the iPhone gets buried, it'll be because of Apple, and I doubt that would happen. Apple has the smartphone market, at least the home market, tied up and they would be stupid to lose that.

Currently Playing: Plants vs. Zombies, The War of Eustrath, Zenonia 1, Phoenix Wright, The Quest
04-03-2010, 02:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondae View Post
Apple is already lowering the touch into the ground. 6 days for the minigore update. Digusting...
Lol Minigore has a track record of updates being prolonged though
04-03-2010, 02:44 AM
Apple will not abandon the iPhone and iPod Touch markets at least not for the foreseeable future. Frankly, the consumer base is too established and large for them to do that. The iPad will need time to build and establish a consumer base, and truth be told, it remains to be seen if the product will catch on once the current hype subsides. Also, the higher price point for iPad apps is a big question mark. Put simply, it's much easier to buy a $4.99 game than it is a $14.99 one for the average consumer.
04-03-2010, 02:48 AM
It doesn't make sense for Apple to "abandon" the iPhone or iPod Touch for the iPad. They are hitting different markets. The iPod Touch is essentially the premium offering for a portable multimedia device/music player, the iPhone is the leader for the home smartphone market and iPad is sort of filling that gap between portable devices and full out computers (the tablet/netbook market maybe).

Why wouldn't Apple want to dominate all these markets?