★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: Bruce Lee Dragon Warrior HD

04-03-2010, 02:58 AM
#1
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 10,505
Bruce Lee Dragon Warrior HD


04-03-2010, 09:00 AM
#2
Joined: May 2009
Location: Ma
Posts: 515
I guess the ipad does hurt iPhone gaming. I think I'm done with apple. I'm using a 3gs that they don't even come close to using it's power an the 4g is coming out in a couple of months and ipad comes out today. There are games available now for the ipad and not for the iPhone and those same games were announced for the iPhone before the ipad.
Why would anyone waste there money on the 4g? And who would want an oversized iPod that has less funcionality than the iPod when in one year they will make a better one. Either way my 3gs has been on the back burner since day 1 and when more people start realizing this apple is going to find themselves at the bottom of the barrel in the gaming department because they have there heads up their asses or maybe it's suckers like me who has bought every iPhone with no real advantages over the previous models. Well I'm pulling my head out of my ass and am going to look elsewhere for
my gaming needs from now on.

04-03-2010, 12:30 PM
#3
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 4,461


Anyways, this one looks good. Will keep an eye out for the iPhone release. Amazing how many games the iPad is launching with.
04-03-2010, 05:36 PM
#4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derochea72 View Post
I guess the ipad does hurt iPhone gaming. I think I'm done with apple. I'm using a 3gs that they don't even come close to using it's power an the 4g is coming out in a couple of months and ipad comes out today. There are games available now for the ipad and not for the iPhone and those same games were announced for the iPhone before the ipad.
Why would anyone waste there money on the 4g? And who would want an oversized iPod that has less funcionality than the iPod when in one year they will make a better one. Either way my 3gs has been on the back burner since day 1 and when more people start realizing this apple is going to find themselves at the bottom of the barrel in the gaming department because they have there heads up their asses or maybe it's suckers like me who has bought every iPhone with no real advantages over the previous models. Well I'm pulling my head out of my ass and am going to look elsewhere for
my gaming needs from now on.
You're obviously free to do what you want, but, frankly, that reaction strikes me as ridiculous. Do people throw away their PSPs because a game hits the PS3 first? Handheld gaming always lags behind because ultimately it's less profitable for publishers (especially on the iPhone platform!). You can't blame Apple if Digital Legends puts more effort on a release for a platform where a $3.99 game is not seen as "premium."

The good news is that bringing a game to the iPhone from the iPad is not terribly difficult; my guess is that we'll see this on the iPhone soon enough.
04-03-2010, 05:54 PM
#5
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
You're obviously free to do what you want, but, frankly, that reaction strikes me as ridiculous. Do people throw away their PSPs because a game hits the PS3 first? Handheld gaming always lags behind because ultimately it's less profitable for publishers (especially on the iPhone platform!). You can't blame Apple if Digital Legends puts more effort on a release for a platform where a $3.99 game is not seen as "premium."

The good news is that bringing a game to the iPhone from the iPad is not terribly difficult; my guess is that we'll see this on the iPhone soon enough.
I think for the PSP it is even worse. There are times where months can go buy without any significant game releases. For major franchises that are getting PSP releases, those often come months or even years after the big consoles get their version. The DS is sort of in its own world, especially since its the primary JRPG device this generation, so it has a ton of exclusives, but the same issue does occur when a big series puts out a DS title, often it comes out far after the console versions do.

We'll see how it goes, but I'll take a week vs six months.

Currently Playing: Plants vs. Zombies, The War of Eustrath, Zenonia 1, Phoenix Wright, The Quest
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/txag2005
Win ANY APP in Headcase Games' Daily 180 Twitter contest!
04-03-2010, 05:57 PM
#6
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 2,585
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
You're obviously free to do what you want, but, frankly, that reaction strikes me as ridiculous. Do people throw away their PSPs because a game hits the PS3 first? Handheld gaming always lags behind because ultimately it's less profitable for publishers (especially on the iPhone platform!). You can't blame Apple if Digital Legends puts more effort on a release for a platform where a $3.99 game is not seen as "premium."

The good news is that bringing a game to the iPhone from the iPad is not terribly difficult; my guess is that we'll see this on the iPhone soon enough.
PSP to PS3?

Hardly fair.

More like PSP to PSPGO (AND THEY'RE THE SAME THING!!!)

Games I have beta tested: Minigore, Cogs, Guerilla Bob, Above and Beyond: Air Combat, Baseball Superstars 2010, 33rd Division, Cash Machine, 5 star General, Flick Football... Possibly some other ones I;ve forgotten
04-03-2010, 06:01 PM
#7
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,248
EDIT: Never mind.
04-03-2010, 06:08 PM
#8
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmar9333 View Post
PSP to PS3?

Hardly fair.

More like PSP to PSPGO (AND THEY'RE THE SAME THING!!!)
PSP to PSPGO is a bad example, because that is like comparing the iPhone 3G to the iPhone 3GS. The only thing that makes it a little different is that the PSPGO is digitial distribution only.

I, and I doubt others, are trying to say that the iPad is at the quality of a home console, but it is a definite step up over the mobile devices. Yes the hardware apparently isn't that much better than the 3GS, but lets face it, games for the iPhone are not built for the 3GS, but rather the older devices. Therefore, there is a lot of untapped power, larger screen space and for now at least, a higher price. Yes it's not completely equivalent, but I think its a fair comparison.

Currently Playing: Plants vs. Zombies, The War of Eustrath, Zenonia 1, Phoenix Wright, The Quest
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/txag2005
Win ANY APP in Headcase Games' Daily 180 Twitter contest!
04-03-2010, 06:12 PM
#9
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: Lake Zurich, Illinois
Posts: 575
At least that explains why the iPhone versionhasnt hit AppStore. Apple not reviewing any iPhone stuff and looking to hype up ipad more
04-03-2010, 06:14 PM
#10
WOW.........are you serious? This game looks CRAZY!! is this supposed to come out for the iphone as well?