★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: SGN
  • Genre: Adventure
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 84.5 MB
  • Version: 2.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: EXO-Planet - the first 3rd-person shooter in ZERO G! Live Multiplayer DM and CTF action over 3G, WiFi and Bluetooth!Elite players earn DOUBLE the SCRIP every match and start the game with enough scrip to immediately unlock new weapons and armor.

Free yourself from the bonds of gravity. Compete in multiplayer matches against other players on iPhone and iPod touch devices, and also against iPad players.

Set in a stunning galactic vista, on a spaceborne platform in a distant orbit, deadly games are played in zero gravity! Magnetic boots let you run on floors, walls, ceilings, or anything magnetic. Detach and leap into space to surprise opponents from above, below, or anywhere they least suspect! Launch your magnetic grapple to reel yourself back to the arena walls. Dont drift too far or youll disappear into the void!

Leverage your arsenal of gear to dominate at Capture the Flag or Death Match online with opponents all around the world. Your exo-suit protects you from the cold vacuum of space and has flexible armor with regenerative energy shielding. Start with the LX-Automatic chain gun and acquire additional weapons including a rocket launcher and a laser sniper rifle! Outfitted with your powerful exo-suit, weapons and lightning-fast Mag-Line grapple, the action is swift and deadly.

Play matches to earn your way to stronger and more versatile weapons. Earn Scrip in every match based on your performance, and spend it to upgrade the different attributes of your exo-suit, grapple, and weapons -- like damage, speed, and range.Dominate the match by RENTING FULLY UPGRADED weapons and armor.

Compete in 1v1 matches locally over Bluetooth or 2v2 matches online over WiFi or 3G against opponents anywhere. Capture the most flags and score the most kills to earn the most scrip!

FEATURES

The first 3rd-Person shooter played in zero-gravity!
Play Capture the Flag, Death Match, or Gauntlet on unique, dedicated high-orbital platforms!
Inhabit a powerful exo-suit with magnetic boots to navigate the void!
Sling your way into enemy territory with a high-strength magnetic grapple!
Win matches to earn scrip and upgrade your exo-suit, gear, and weapons!
Play 1v1 over Bluetooth
Play 2v2 Online over WiFi or 3G
Compete against iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad players, all in the same arena!

BEST IN CLASS
Experience a fully 3D, 3rd-Person Shooting experience
Unique, innovative, and intuitive touch controls to navigate in space
Run on floors, walls, ceilings, or fly in zero-gravity

Visit www.sgn.com

Hardware Requirements
Designed for iPad TM OS 3.2
04-04-2010, 04:53 PM
Trailer with gameplay video : http://www.twitvid.com/UKHRW

04-06-2010, 11:04 AM
The game is super.

BUT- is there any chance that you can provide an option for landscape orientation either to the left OR right? With the Apple iPad case, the current game can't be played with the case in low angled position, a very nice position for gaming on a flat surface.

Thx.
04-06-2010, 11:13 AM
That looks amazing, any chance of 3v3 in an update?
04-06-2010, 06:50 PM
This is like Eliminate, but for the iPad.

hi
04-06-2010, 07:22 PM
Woah.. That's epic..

NEED A IPHONE VERSION NAO...

Upcoming iPhone Games: World of Midgard,Paper Monsters, LostWinds,The First Attempt,Blade Slinger, Kale in Dinoland, Prevail
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayerzack1 View Post
the psp sucks it has dumb games the nintendo ds is so much better
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodapp View Post
Dumb people are dumb.
04-07-2010, 08:23 PM
I just figured out why there is no gameplay video of this game on YouTube. You can't play it. I've patiently tried to connect to a 2 v. 2 match several times with no luck of even getting to try this game I've purchased.

The tutorial shows that the controls and graphics are great, but unless more people buy this game (which I find hard to believe) or multiplayer gets patched. This game is worthless.
04-08-2010, 12:20 AM
You forgot COD.

hi
04-09-2010, 03:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddfsu View Post
I just figured out why there is no gameplay video of this game on YouTube. You can't play it. I've patiently tried to connect to a 2 v. 2 match several times with no luck of even getting to try this game I've purchased.

The tutorial shows that the controls and graphics are great, but unless more people buy this game (which I find hard to believe) or multiplayer gets patched. This game is worthless.
I wouldn't recommend getting it. A 3/10 from PG.
http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPad/...ew.asp?c=19785

hi
04-09-2010, 05:01 AM
I believe it is only control and technical issues that is plaguing this game, everything else is great, and they are working on fixes.

Playing: We Rule, Plants vs. Zombies, AquaForest, Broken Sword
Plus+: Ciaran88

MacMystic - Forecasts, predictions and suggestions for Apple Inc