Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-03-2010, 09:25 AM
iPad

Default Angry Birds HD [v1.6 - Mine and Dine!]

What's New In Version 1.4.1
Quote:
SQUEAL OR NO SQUEAL!

As usual, Angry Birds gives the most generous updates of any app!

New Features in version 1.4.1:
- 15 RECONSTRUCTED LEVELS!
- A NEW GOLDEN EGG!
- NEW ACHIEVEMENTS!
- FANTASTIC FEATHERED FUN!

Wed like to take this opportunity to extend our infinite gratitude to friends of our fierce birds everywhere. We thank you sincerely from the bottoms of our fluffy hearts for making Angry Birds the highest rated app we know of on iTunes!

Follow us on Twitter for Angry Birds updates:
http://twitter.angrybirds.com

Become a fan of Angry Birds on Facebook:
http://facebook.angrybirds.com

In case you missed it, our previous update (1.4.0) included:

New Features in version 1.4.0:
- 30 SPECTACULAR NEW AND RECONSTRUCTED LEVELS!
- A LEVEL DESIGNED BY OUR GREATEST FAN ETHAN!
- A NEW BIRD!
- A NEW STORY!
- NEW THEME!
- BETTER GOLDEN EGG HINTS!
- HOT NEW REWARD MESSAGES!
- NEW ACHIEVEMENTS
- HOURS OF AVIAN ACTION!
- FACEBOOK & TWITTER COMMUNITY BUTTONS
(- And we might just have snuck another golden egg, with yet more bonus content?)

Last edited by ImNoSuperMan; 08-27-2010 at 01:57 PM.. Reason: v1.4.1
Old 04-21-2010, 03:18 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Wanting to get this for the iPad but it's so aggravating sometimes I might throw $600 at the wall!!! lol
Old 04-21-2010, 01:43 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

was my first ipad purchase

No high scores by any means but i played through all the levels AGAIN
Old 04-21-2010, 07:33 PM

Never played the iPhone version. Is this one worth the $5 or am I better of waiting on a sale?
Old 04-21-2010, 09:56 PM

I really enjoyed the iPhone version. Finished the original game, just casually enough to pass, but not a top score. When you finish a level, you get a rating of up to 3 stars, so you know right away if you did a poor job. Meaning, if you get 1 star, then you used too many birds (bonus points for left over birds). Two stars, you did a decent job, but maybe with even more efficiency, plus more destruction of the set pieces (which also give you points) , then 3 stars can happen.

After I finished all the levels, casually, where I went through them fast, not worrying about the top rating, I then found great replay going back to achieve those 3 star ratings. I'd often forget the strategy I used on a level by then, so by the time I got a 3 star rating, I might have played a single level for a while, can be frustrating, while some levels quick, but still always addicting.

Luckily when you are trying to get 3 stars, where each shot counts, if you know your first shot is no going as planned, the game is setup where you can quickly restart the level, flick to the birds, and fire again.

Often you can get hints on where to strike first by the order of the birds, which have different characteristics. Such as their special attack or effectiveness against a certain material.

Overall the game was great, still haven't played through all the additional levels they added for free. I've got to be the experience will be even better on a larger iPad screen. Only reason I don't have it yet is because of how much I already played it on the iPhone, but I could still finish the new levels on it.

I had hoped the online score system would have breathed even more new life into it, but just was too inconvenient. You see only your score while playing a game, and to check the online high score, it's another section of the game, and checking each level is pretty annoying. You have to scroll through the huge list, then after you are done and go back, you have to scroll again just to check the next one. And when check the the high score, your score is not shown for easy comparison except a rank, I might have to double check that since it has been a while.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:02 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

I consider this to be one of the top two or three games on the iPhone, but I am just not sure it is worth buying the exact same game writ large on the iPad. For someone who hasn't played the iPhone version, $5 is a steal.

I guess I wish they had done a bit more with this then just improved the graphics. If they come out with another stack of levels for both games, I will buy the HD then so I can play them on the iPad.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:26 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Wait for a price drop, there's no extra content. The iPhone version is fine for now.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:01 AM

There was an update for non HD version couple of days ago, that added new levels. We still don't have it on iPad. That's what we get by paying 5 times more for app itself?!? Nice support.... not.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:42 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

I would buy this if they would have added something extra to the ipad version. The iphone version already looked great, so the HD graphics aren't enough for me to spend the extra money on.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:33 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

I have not played the iPhone version and I don't usually have any qualms about spending money on apps if I feel they are worth it (heck, I spent $10 on scrabble for slightly better graphics and horizontal mode) but something is stopping me from pulling the trigger on this game. I can't quite figure out what's bothering me.