★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Experience this award winning tower defense game like never before! Stop the invading fieldrunners by creating mazes out of powerful weapons in this classic strategy game. Control the battlefield using limitless strategies and a diverse selection of upgradeable towers!

"Best Mobile Game Award!" 2009 IGF Mobile
"Excellence in Art Award!" 2009 IGF Mobile
#1 in Top 10 Must Have Games Gizmodo

TIME Magazine - Top 10 Video Games of 2008
PC Magazine - "Must-Have iPhone Games"
EDGE Magazine - Top 30 of 2008
Boston Herald - #3 iPhone Game of 2008

The invasion begins! Pint sized soldiers are storming your country - do you have what it takes to defeat them? Customize your strategic defenses using a wide selection of powerful weapons. Control the battlefield with a vast array of tactics against countless waves of unique land and air invaders! Countless hours of entertainment and replayable challenges!

Do you have what it takes to stop the fieldrunners and rise to the top as the ultimate tower defense champion?

Addictive gameplay for hours of action!
Multiplayer maps let you play with friends!
Over 800 waves across 8 unique battlefields!
All DLC maps from the iPhone version included free of charge in the iPad version!
11 devastating weapons for ultimate defenses!
Stunning visuals in a hyper detailed world!
Perfectly balanced challenges!
Epic amounts of achievements!
Full Game Center integration!

Twitter: @Fieldrunners
Facebook: facebook.com/fieldrunners
Web: subatomicstudios.com
Forums: subatomicstudios.com/forum
Email: info[at]subatomicstudios.com

Everyone here at Subatomic Studios thanks you for playing our first game! Please rate Fieldrunners to show your support.
04-08-2010, 12:42 PM
In the Fieldrunners team

Hi Folks,

Just wanted to express that we are, and have been, working on novel content that is iPad specific (as well as new shared iPhone/iPad content) and will be released soon. We chose not to release it at launch because we have only just gotten some iPads in our hands, so we hadn't had an opportunity to test thoroughly until now- we want it to be as fun as it can be.

What we are doing is devising a new way to approach the game you already love so much- something that could only be done in the iPad. The actual creation of the content is done, we're in testing phase and will have it out for all of you soon!

Aside from that, we have a couple new small things we're doing as well

I wanted to post here to give folks at Touch Arcade a chance to voice opinions, ideas, etc.

04-08-2010, 01:06 PM
Although I have the iPhone version I purchased the iPad one and I'm enjoying the bigger screen a lot.

I think the iPad version has all the maps (no DLC), right?

Anyway, I'm looking forward for the new features!

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8
04-08-2010, 01:08 PM
Almost forgot, here's a bit of a teaser in regards to what's coming next:

Can you spot some of the new things?
04-08-2010, 01:09 PM
That's correct, the iPad version comes with all the maps included (value of $4,99 on the iPhone).
More to come as well
04-08-2010, 04:41 PM
Pretty cool screenshot, when's it coming out?
04-08-2010, 05:25 PM
Will new content be free for Ipad or payed downloads?
04-08-2010, 07:40 PM
The new features and maps coming soon are *FREE*!

There may/may not be DLC for pay, as well as free, at some point in the future, but it has not been firmly decided yet, these new things will be coming to players by updating the application via Apple.
04-08-2010, 08:01 PM
So, I don't have Fieldrunner for iPhone... but this looks very intriguing for for the iPad..

I looked up FieldRunners for iPad and iPhone and could not find this information...

How many maps are in the game? And approx how many different weapon systems are there?

And just for stats - I am not a fan of DLC unless the DLC really brings something new to the table...

Thanks for the info...

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
04-08-2010, 08:06 PM
iPhone version has 5 maps, 2 of which are DLC
I think there are 8 different towers..one is only available on one DLC map while another is only available on the other