05-25-2010, 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubisububi View Post
Lord Gek, it is a small world. I did a Civ review for mobile tech review and you asked me if it had crashed on me (it hasn't). Your concerns are valid, however, I just couldn't reproduce any bugs.

I am curious, though, as to why people are having such wildly different experiences with the game.
Yeah, as I joked with Tong, CLEARLY Apple and Take 2 saw my query to your MTR review this morning and expedited the patch accordingly.

The coincidence was too much so I HAD to buy it now!

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
OpenFeint, Plus+, & Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, Crystal, & iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
05-26-2010, 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Yeah, as I joked with Tong, CLEARLY Apple and Take 2 saw my query to your MTR review this morning and expedited the patch accordingly.

The coincidence was too much so I HAD to buy it now!
I Agree. They obviously fear you.

As they should.

05-26-2010, 07:44 AM
I just played it a bit last night and give some credit that this "Scenario Creator" is something they NEVER had in any of the previous incarnations of Civilization Revolution on other systems, that being said I found it a bit of a pisser I couldn't ever see a summation of the altered rules I chose once in the middle of the game (especially if coming back to a save after a day or so).

My iTunes Reviews
05-28-2010, 10:22 AM
Map Size

Is there no way to increase the map size? The map seems small in area. BTW, I don't mean zooming in and out.
05-28-2010, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe830 View Post
Is there no way to increase the map size? The map seems small in area. BTW, I don't mean zooming in and out.
I don't think so. Map size and number of opponents have been locked in all incarnations of Civilization Revolution (Xbox 360, PS3, DS, iPhone, and now iPad) and I'm willing to bet changing this aspect is more than the developers would want to take on with this now 4+ year old project. This game has actually remained fundamentally unchanged in all of its incarnations save user interface and display.

My iTunes Reviews
05-28-2010, 11:21 AM
Does it still crash?

I've been keeping a close eye on comments on the iTunes store and held off from buying this game for months due to complaints. I was wondering if anyone can confirm that the latest update has, indeed, fixed the crashing. If so, I can finally buy this sucker. Thanks.
05-28-2010, 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trayray View Post
I've been keeping a close eye on comments on the iTunes store and held off from buying this game for months due to complaints. I was wondering if anyone can confirm that the latest update has, indeed, fixed the crashing. If so, I can finally buy this sucker. Thanks.
I've played two games so far and it has crashed once. Just make sure you restart your ipad after each crash. Good game.
05-28-2010, 11:37 AM
cool

Thanks. I guess I'll go ahead and take the plunge

Tray
05-28-2010, 12:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe830 View Post
I've played two games so far and it has crashed once. Just make sure you restart your ipad after each crash. Good game.
You're all patched up and have rebooted after the install? I know this should be obvious but, grr, so many have whined about crashes in apps without doing this first so I have to ask.

If you had done the above, any clue what you were doing when it crashed (the tester in me feels compelled to try to recreate the crash on my end)?

My iTunes Reviews
05-28-2010, 02:32 PM
After the update, I haven't had a crash. Have only played 2 full games but that is more then acceptable for me.

Like other posters have said, make sure you install the update and then reboot your ipad.

You should be good to go after that.