Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-20-2011, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blublub View Post
Couldn't agree more. I sure hope this isn't lost in all the silliness about screen orientation.

Hopefully they'll offer the remaining expansions now out for the board game as IAPs.
It's not 'silliness' if it clearly irritates so many people and could be so easily resolved with a little care and attention from the Devs.

Good UI design and customer care never hurt anyone!

Oh... and can anyone play their own music in this? Clicking the 'play' button after selecting a track does absolutely nothing for me (iPad2).

Jamie

Last edited by badmanj; 04-20-2011 at 05:05 PM..
Old 04-21-2011, 02:26 AM
iPad, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmanj View Post
It's not 'silliness' if it clearly irritates so many people and could be so easily resolved with a little care and attention from the Devs.

Good UI design and customer care never hurt anyone!
True, it's a great game & the UI is slick in all other respects but this has always bothered me a little. Plus, still waiting on those expansions...
Old 04-21-2011, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmanj View Post
But its not "so many" people. Its a few people, and they may not being using the side by side mode that is now offered.
Old 04-21-2011, 03:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDukester View Post
But it is "silliness" to publicly announce that you're giving the game a 1-star rating and demanding a refund. See also: "petulant" and "childish."
Oh, the shame! I feel real 'silly' getting my money back for a lousy interface that not ONE other board game dev has implemented. My wife also feels childish for getting a headache over DOW's poor design choices. I feel 'petulant' for using that refunded money on a much better board game adaption: Tikal, which was $2 cheaper. I couldn't even sleep last night because of the guilt.

Maybe one day I'll 'grow up' and learn to suffer through poor design without complaining.

If you spend $8 for a game you played twenty minutes and deleted, and 'didn't' ask for a refund, see also: 'idiot'. I rank overall experience of the total package and twenty minutes before delete is one star.

Seriously, I have my money back and I still have the game. Even free, it stays deleted because of a poor two player interface.

Do you work for DOW? Maybe ease up on the 'petulant' and start working on fixing the problem.
Old 04-21-2011, 04:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDukester View Post
But it is "silliness" to publicly announce that you're giving the game a 1-star rating and demanding a refund. See also: "petulant" and "childish."

And maybe you haven't noticed, but this board is about giving input on games, warning others away from bad designs, recommending good designs, etc. If I'm childish for saving someone else the hassle of this 'feature', then who knows what you are for posting nuggets like 'whining, didn't read, try candyland.'

Hey, please continue TO NOT READ me so I don't have to respond to your garbage.
Old 04-26-2011, 11:31 AM

Any word on additional expansions? I'd love to see Be Not Afraid at least and eventually the soon-to-be-released Underworld, which is looking mighty sweet: http://blog.daysofwonder.com/categor...s/small-world/
Old 04-26-2011, 12:23 PM

Must admit I'm still trying to understand the basic gameplay. Looks great but is tricky to get to grips with...

Jamie
Old 04-04-2012, 07:43 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

So I'm interested in trying this, but I'm concerned about how the app has aged. Ticket to Ride on the ipad is fantastic, and got me hooked on the physical board game series, Dominion, Twilight Struggle, etc. I'm concerned because the app is missing some features of the physical game and hasn't been updated in almost two years. I read somewhere that an update 'may' be coming, but I'm getting impatient. Is it fun playing just one computer opponent? Do the graphics look alright on the new iPad? Should I just go buy the board game instead?
Old 04-04-2012, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameron331 View Post
So I'm interested in trying this, but I'm concerned about how the app has aged. Ticket to Ride on the ipad is fantastic, and got me hooked on the physical board game series, Dominion, Twilight Struggle, etc. I'm concerned because the app is missing some features of the physical game and hasn't been updated in almost two years. I read somewhere that an update 'may' be coming, but I'm getting impatient. Is it fun playing just one computer opponent? Do the graphics look alright on the new iPad? Should I just go buy the board game instead?
I have all the same questions. Was excited to buy this, but then noticed you can only play against a single AI.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:54 PM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Each app Days of Wonder has put out has been a dud. Each one is a big fail in its own special way. It's sad really. These could be so much more...the lack of vision and support kills them.