App description: "One of the most compelling games for the iPad." MacWorld Magazine, December 2013

== THE MASSIVE SEQUEL TO THE STRATEGY BOARD GAME OF THE YEAR ===
*** Games Magazine - Game of the Year !!! ***
*** Pocket Gamer Awards - Best iPad Strategy/Simulation Game of the year! ***
*** The first big Euro board game of the iPad era. Fans are in for a really wonderful ride *** TUAW.com

Based on the phenomenally successful Small World fantasy board game with over 500,000 copies sold! Take control of insanely fun fantasy race & special power combos, such as Berserk Halflings, Triton Merchants, Alchemist Ratmen and Dragon-master Amazons, to grab all the land you can in a world that is just too small to share with your opponents!

A host of new features await you in this colossal update:
New 3, 4 and 5 player maps to conquer, in glorious full retina mode!
Play Online games in real-time or turn-by-turn, with friends & strangers from the world over; and Local games over Bluetooth or Wifi
Play Solo against up to 4 built-in AI; Passn Play with up to 5 live opponents on a single iPad
20 new races & special powers to master through in-app purchases of Cursed!, Grand Dames and brand new to digital Be Not Afraid
Online, Solo & Face to Face scores with daily, weekly and forever rankings
Comprehensive Small World Encyclopedia detailing all rules, races, special powers, icons & more!
Extensive Game Center, Facebook and Days of Wonder Online Buddies integration
Brand new musical score, sound effects, graphics and animations
Video Tutorial by Master Glandulf himself

Discover what reviewers have been raving about:

*** The art is top notch, the gameplay is really fun. Perfect for a quick head to head! *** Games Uncovered

MAJOR KUDOS TO THE 7,042 KICKSTARTER BACKERS WHO HELPED US MAKE SMALL WORLD 2 COME TO LIFE!

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

HD Screenshots
(click to enlarge)

Quote:
What's New in v1.1

*** NEW FEATURES ***
- The famed Cursed! and Grand Dames expansions are now available as in-game expansions. The 5 new Races and 7 new Special Powers they introduce make Small World's combos more fun and unique than ever!
- a new in-game player lets you play the song of your choice from your music library while crushing your opponent
- A new leaderboard feature captures your high scores for posterity in the Champions page.
- The Amazons player can now choose which regions to abandon in order to keep 4 tokens in reserve.

*** BUG FIXES ***
- Dragon Master :the Dragon token sometimes failed to appear when Dragon Master Power was picked. FIXED.
- AI System : The bot now temporarily stops playing when you check your combos Info out

*** AI IMPROVEMENTS ***
- Seafaring Halflings do not plave their holes-in-the-ground in seas and lake regions anymore.
- Giants are now more likely to conquer Mountain regions when it makes sense

Quote:
What's New in v1.0

** NEW FEATURES ***
- Solo Mode : play alone against your iPad !
- Select the player who plays first : player 1, player 2 or random pick.
- Amazons : The regions they vacate at the end of turn are still picked automatically, but they now leave the less valuable ones first.

*** BUG FIXES ***
- Crashing bugs.
- Flying/Underworld/Seafarings Ghoul cannot use their power anymore in decline.
- Converting a region by a Pillaging Sorcerer now gives one extra VP.
- Flying Sorcerer can now use their power for their first conquest.
- Dragon Master: cannot attack a region anymore with Dragon but no race token.
04-14-2010, 08:24 AM
This game is fantastic, the only thing it needs is sound effects =)
04-14-2010, 08:23 PM
Single player mode please. I haz no frands :/

Editor for Phone Mantra, a mobile tech and gaming website
www.phonemantra.com
PM me if you want your game(s) covered

04-14-2010, 08:27 PM
Add AI and sound, I'll purchase it in a heartbeat.
04-14-2010, 08:59 PM
Great video that explains the game well. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiSAc...=youtube_gdata
04-14-2010, 09:50 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb here (flame suit on) but I like that it emulates a true board game - no music or AI. If anything, I can see letting people queue up tunes from their local iPad collection and have it play. AI though? I don't know much about programming but I have to imagine that is A LOT of code. Maybe it'd be easier to allow some sort of online multiplayer? Course then you have server hosting issues.

I bought it (have the real board game and am a avid board gamer) and have no issues with no AI or music. It's fun to play with my wife or son. If I want to play against AI, I fire up some other game. Course this is just my opinion
04-14-2010, 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerg View Post
I'm going to go out on a limb here (flame suit on) but I like that it emulates a true board game - no music or AI. If anything, I can see letting people queue up tunes from their local iPad collection and have it play. AI though? I don't know much about programming but I have to imagine that is A LOT of code. Maybe it'd be easier to allow some sort of online multiplayer? Course then you have server hosting issues.

I bought it (have the real board game and am a avid board gamer) and have no issues with no AI or music. It's fun to play with my wife or son. If I want to play against AI, I fire up some other game. Course this is just my opinion
I think some dice rolling effects, clicks, the sound of the tokens being put down...without it the game is just missing it's personality.
04-14-2010, 10:24 PM
I love Small World, own the board game and all the mini expansions that have come out, take it out regularly for family game time. But an app with no AI opponent? Sorry no thanks, I'll hold for an update if one ever comes.
04-14-2010, 11:28 PM
Glad I decided not to get it then. No single player and no sound effects? That's just not a worthy purchase in my book. Doesn't have to have music, but clicking sounds, a sound the game makes when a piece is moved, etc.

Once they add in a single player and sound effects then I'll push that buy button for this game.
04-15-2010, 06:57 AM
Small World is currently my favorite iPad game now, and I think really shows promise for the iPad. Small World is a pretty quick to pick up game, and being able to play it with friends and family is great. I play it with my kids at home, and a friend on the train while going to work.

The iPad is great because it can simulate a true board game because of the screen size. Much easier to get out the pieces and play w/ the iPad, and especially to clean up.

I think that anyone that is a board game fan and has friends and/or family to play with will really appreciate the Small World. I'll probably be buying the full version soon.
04-15-2010, 09:31 AM
Looks really cool, and I love board games, but like others above said without either Single Player or an online multiplayer component (I've got both friends and family, but my wife is not a board game fan and she's the only one here at the house) it will sadly not be something I pick up.