04-14-2010, 08:24 AM
This game is fantastic, the only thing it needs is sound effects =)
04-14-2010, 08:23 PM
Single player mode please. I haz no frands :/

Editor for Phone Mantra, a mobile tech and gaming website
www.phonemantra.com
PM me if you want your game(s) covered

04-14-2010, 08:27 PM
Add AI and sound, I'll purchase it in a heartbeat.
04-14-2010, 08:59 PM
Great video that explains the game well. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiSAc...=youtube_gdata
04-14-2010, 09:50 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb here (flame suit on) but I like that it emulates a true board game - no music or AI. If anything, I can see letting people queue up tunes from their local iPad collection and have it play. AI though? I don't know much about programming but I have to imagine that is A LOT of code. Maybe it'd be easier to allow some sort of online multiplayer? Course then you have server hosting issues.

I bought it (have the real board game and am a avid board gamer) and have no issues with no AI or music. It's fun to play with my wife or son. If I want to play against AI, I fire up some other game. Course this is just my opinion
04-14-2010, 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerg View Post
I'm going to go out on a limb here (flame suit on) but I like that it emulates a true board game - no music or AI. If anything, I can see letting people queue up tunes from their local iPad collection and have it play. AI though? I don't know much about programming but I have to imagine that is A LOT of code. Maybe it'd be easier to allow some sort of online multiplayer? Course then you have server hosting issues.

I bought it (have the real board game and am a avid board gamer) and have no issues with no AI or music. It's fun to play with my wife or son. If I want to play against AI, I fire up some other game. Course this is just my opinion
I think some dice rolling effects, clicks, the sound of the tokens being put down...without it the game is just missing it's personality.
04-14-2010, 10:24 PM
I love Small World, own the board game and all the mini expansions that have come out, take it out regularly for family game time. But an app with no AI opponent? Sorry no thanks, I'll hold for an update if one ever comes.
04-14-2010, 11:28 PM
Glad I decided not to get it then. No single player and no sound effects? That's just not a worthy purchase in my book. Doesn't have to have music, but clicking sounds, a sound the game makes when a piece is moved, etc.

Once they add in a single player and sound effects then I'll push that buy button for this game.
04-15-2010, 06:57 AM
Small World is currently my favorite iPad game now, and I think really shows promise for the iPad. Small World is a pretty quick to pick up game, and being able to play it with friends and family is great. I play it with my kids at home, and a friend on the train while going to work.

The iPad is great because it can simulate a true board game because of the screen size. Much easier to get out the pieces and play w/ the iPad, and especially to clean up.

I think that anyone that is a board game fan and has friends and/or family to play with will really appreciate the Small World. I'll probably be buying the full version soon.
04-15-2010, 09:31 AM
Looks really cool, and I love board games, but like others above said without either Single Player or an online multiplayer component (I've got both friends and family, but my wife is not a board game fan and she's the only one here at the house) it will sadly not be something I pick up.