Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 07-09-2010, 11:24 AM
Riggy Riggy is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 3.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 138
Default

Yep, you pretty much got it. The iPad version is 2 player only, however, the "real" game can play 2-5. It comes with two different two sided boards, depending on number of players.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 07-09-2010, 12:23 PM
LordGek's Avatar
LordGek LordGek is offline
Moderator
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Redding, CA, USA
Posts: 10,851
Default

So as the AI kicks my ass every time so far, I can't complain about it...YET, but I still have some wishes for the future.

1) Ability to do more than 2 players.
2) Some basic stat tracking for Player vs. AI games (Win/Loss ratio for player vs. AI, and maybe the Average Point Differential per game. With the tracking of this Average Point Differential we can know, sure, he won most of his games but on the whole is he smashing the opposition or barely squeaking by? Inversely even if losing most games, this average point differential shows how close these losses tended to be).

I'm assuming they've INTENTIONALLY left out the Diplomat ability since it really would make no sense in a 2 player game...but does this mean they then had to leave out a race to keep stuff even?

Oh, my last question for the pros here, if I pay to get a Ability and Race Combo further down the stack, is this money going to the bank or my opponent?
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 07-09-2010, 01:54 PM
Riggy Riggy is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 3.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 138
Default

I haven't verified it, but I am 99% certain all races from the main set are here. The diplomate ability was most likely left out intentionally as it can break the 2 player game easily.

If you pay for a combo down the stack, the money (points) are left on the above races, and they go to whoever picks that race.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 07-09-2010, 01:57 PM
LordGek's Avatar
LordGek LordGek is offline
Moderator
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Redding, CA, USA
Posts: 10,851
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggy View Post
I haven't verified it, but I am 99% certain all races from the main set are here. The diplomate ability was most likely left out intentionally as it can break the 2 player game easily.

If you pay for a combo down the stack, the money (points) are left on the above races, and they go to whoever picks that race.
No way, that is too cute, so say there is a combo that has been passed up by both players multiple times, if you still manage to pick it up before the game ends, you might get a nice little "Signing Fee" bonus?
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 07-09-2010, 02:07 PM
Finandir Finandir is offline
Senior Member
iPad 2, OS 4.x
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 226
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
No way, that is too cute, so say there is a combo that has been passed up by both players multiple times, if you still manage to pick it up before the game ends, you might get a nice little "Signing Fee" bonus?
That is the way the board game works, so it should be the same in the iPad implementation. I've yet to play a full game on the iPad, so I can't say for sure that it actually does this, though.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 07-09-2010, 02:09 PM
LordGek's Avatar
LordGek LordGek is offline
Moderator
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Redding, CA, USA
Posts: 10,851
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finandir View Post
That is the way the board game works, so it should be the same in the iPad implementation. I've yet to play a full game on the iPad, so I can't say for sure that it actually does this, though.
From what I recall it does certainly look like the coins are just being laid out there and not collected...I just had no idea that it could be cumulative and that there then was a way to win this stuff back.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 07-09-2010, 04:35 PM
Riggy Riggy is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 3.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
No way, that is too cute, so say there is a combo that has been passed up by both players multiple times, if you still manage to pick it up before the game ends, you might get a nice little "Signing Fee" bonus?
Yep, that's exactly how it works. It certainly helps balance out the "less than desireable" power/race combos.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 07-09-2010, 04:45 PM
LordGek's Avatar
LordGek LordGek is offline
Moderator
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Redding, CA, USA
Posts: 10,851
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggy View Post
Yep, that's exactly how it works. It certainly helps balance out the "less than desireable" power/race combos.
So while Darwinism should have weeded out these undesirable combinations, leave it to the One Small World Government to subsidize these losers!
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 07-09-2010, 05:21 PM
mrbass mrbass is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: United States of America
Posts: 2,210
Default

Here is my quick overview of rules.

- choose race / power combo with numbers added together indicating size of your troops. For each race you skip pay one money coin which can be scooped up by either you or your opponents later when picking that ostracized race / power combo.

- conquer land always takes 2 troops (of course some powers or racers can modify this amount). Additional +1 troop for mountains, troll lairs, tiki huts. Must always start at edge unless you have flying monkeys (forgot race name).

- collect 1 point (points and money same thing) for each land conquered at end of turn. Race / power can give bonus points for certain land.

- decline race (losing one turn...unless you have that special race) and flip over troops. Only one race in decline at a time unless you have that special race.

- Most points wins. Never gets old as the race / power combos are different each game and the order in which they come out. Must figure out how to prevent someone from scoring +15 points a turn. Must adjust strategy each turn to counter your opponents.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 07-09-2010, 05:29 PM
LordGek's Avatar
LordGek LordGek is offline
Moderator
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Redding, CA, USA
Posts: 10,851
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbass View Post
Here is my quick overview of rules.

- choose race / power combo with numbers added together indicating size of your troops. For each race you skip pay one money coin which can be scooped up by either you or your opponents later when picking that ostracized race / power combo.

- conquer land always takes 2 troops (of course some powers or racers can modify this amount). Additional +1 troop for mountains, troll lairs, tiki huts. Must always start at edge unless you have flying monkeys (forgot race name).

- collect 1 point (points and money same thing) for each land conquered at end of turn. Race / power can give bonus points for certain land.

- decline race (losing one turn...unless you have that special race) and flip over troops. Only one race in decline at a time unless you have that special race.

- Most points wins. Never gets old as the race / power combos are different each game and the order in which they come out. Must figure out how to prevent someone from scoring +15 points a turn. Must adjust strategy each turn to counter your opponents.
Succinct and hit a lot of good points I missed, thanks!

Curious, however, when placing a race, can I simultaneously encroach the map from multiple sides or, once I place my first guy, do all further territories need to be adjacent?

Your race and ability summations in post #4 were great but you might want to, if you get a chance, add in the troop values of each race and ability since your chart there is often more accessible than trying to get info in game (sure in game it is easy to see existing combos but if being a geek and trying to strategize about potential future combos you'd love to hold out for...).
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent