★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: Implode XL

04-03-2010, 09:45 AM
Implode XL

04-03-2010, 05:53 PM
Thanks for posting, can't wait to hear the feedback!

04-03-2010, 06:13 PM
10 screenshots? is that new

ssɐ sıɥ dn ɯǝɥʇ ǝʌoɥs puɐ sƃuıɹ dıɥsuoıdɯɐɥɔ sǝıɹǝs plɹoʍ ㄥᄅ sǝǝʞuɐʎ ǝɥʇ ǝʞɐʇ uɐɔ ıpɹɐɹıƃ ǝoɾ
04-03-2010, 06:15 PM
I could have sworn this was 1.99 yesterday.
04-03-2010, 06:23 PM
Yes, as we announced, the game was raised a dollar today.
04-05-2010, 10:22 AM
Woo hoo! Implode! XL is sitting at #39 in the Top 100 iPad Games Chart US! Go on and git it people!
04-05-2010, 04:46 PM
I have to get something off my chest.

Don't get me wrong. Implode is one of my top five games on the App store. I have played it as much as any game on my iPhone. I love it. To add to that, the developer has added all sorts of extra content (and an iPad version) for free. Great game, great bargain, great job all around.

Having said that, I am a touch cheesed off that a problem that was reported in the first version still has not been addressed in this version. We even had the developer talking about possible solutions. We were assured that one of them would be implemented. In the latest version, the same problem is there.

The game reports failure on a level far too quickly. If a piece of wall goes into a water area or hits a side wall, snap, you are off to the retry screen. I was playing level 14-7 and I didn't notice the water area on the right side of the screen. I had to replay it three times with the same setup, because the game reset so quickly I never saw the piece hit the water.

Please oh please if the other ideas are too much work, could you at least add an option that just keeps the level going until the user hits a button. I would rather have to hit that button every time then the way it works now.

As a reminder to newcomers, this is still a solid 5-star game. Maybe 6. And I have nothing but thanks for the amount of free stuff the developer has given away, but for the love of god, could you please fix this already.

Ahhhh. Ok I feel better now.

Michael

Last edited by mlkaufman; 04-05-2010 at 08:30 PM.
04-15-2010, 12:11 PM
Update #7 has been submitted! Check out what you're getting in this update:

✓ Implosion soundscape feature! Hear the building collapse into a pile of rubble.
Zone sharing! Upload and share all your user-created zones!
✓ Unlimited free zone downloads for all devices!
✓ Rate and categorize downloaded zones for the community.
✓ Get new zones created by your peers for FREE!
✓ Bug fixes, optimization and performance enhancement
04-15-2010, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlkaufman View Post
I have to get something off my chest.

Don't get me wrong. Implode is one of my top five games on the App store. I have played it as much as any game on my iPhone. I love it. To add to that, the developer has added all sorts of extra content (and an iPad version) for free. Great game, great bargain, great job all around.

Having said that, I am a touch cheesed off that a problem that was reported in the first version still has not been addressed in this version. We even had the developer talking about possible solutions. We were assured that one of them would be implemented. In the latest version, the same problem is there.

The game reports failure on a level far too quickly. If a piece of wall goes into a water area or hits a side wall, snap, you are off to the retry screen. I was playing level 14-7 and I didn't notice the water area on the right side of the screen. I had to replay it three times with the same setup, because the game reset so quickly I never saw the piece hit the water.

Please oh please if the other ideas are too much work, could you at least add an option that just keeps the level going until the user hits a button. I would rather have to hit that button every time then the way it works now.

As a reminder to newcomers, this is still a solid 5-star game. Maybe 6. And I have nothing but thanks for the amount of free stuff the developer has given away, but for the love of god, could you please fix this already.

Ahhhh. Ok I feel better now.

Michael

In the options menu, players can toggle the failure popup between Quick and Wait. Quick is default. Wait allows the simulation to continue for the full 15 secs even if buildings or water are infringed. So there you go!
04-15-2010, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IUGOME View Post
In the options menu, players can toggle the failure popup between Quick and Wait. Quick is default. Wait allows the simulation to continue for the full 15 secs even if buildings or water are infringed. So there you go!
And now, as I slink off into the darkness, head held low in shame and embarrassment, let me just say, "sorry, never mind".

Thanks. How long has this option been in without me noticing it?