★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The beautiful High Definition remake of Ancient Frog, for the iPad.

Over 100 levels of twisty stretchy amphibian mind teasers.

Here's what people said about Ancient Frog on the iPhone:

----------------------------------------
"a game that is so playable, so beautiful, and so stunningly out of left field that even jaded critics like us can't help but rave about it." -- slidetoplay.com

"one of the App Stores true hidden gems. Ancient Frog is so unique, so gorgeously rendered, that I just have to commend the developer. Its the kind of game where youll find yourself returning againand againand again" -- 148apps.com

"This game isnt just unusual to play, its also gorgeous to look at. Like all the best software, Ancient Frog benefits from attention to detail" -- cultofmac.com
----------------------------------------

Ancient Frog is a wholly original puzzle game. The aim is to move your frog from one end of the screen to the other, to eat a delicious fly. You can only move one leg at a time, and only one foot can rest on a particular spot at a time.

There's no time limit. You can take your time considering your next move and watching the gentle interplay of light and shadow.

There's no move limit. However circuitous a route you take, eating the fly unlocks the puzzle. You can return to any puzzle at any time for another go, if you want to beat your own score.

You can skip any puzzle at any time from the daisy menu. If you're having trouble with a level, just move on to the next one, and come back to it later.

Each puzzle has a par, representing the shortest number of moves required to complete the puzzle. Achieving that perfect solution will sometimes require fiendishly twisted thinking!

pluto6's comments:

A very great puzzler. Wonderful graphics, very relaxing (except when trying to get the minimum moves)!
07-26-2010, 11:41 AM
I bought this a while ago... I don't play it often ( I think it's almost too laid back lol ) but it's a lovely, relaxing game... Quite charming, beautifully presented and very humorous in the replays if you've really buggered up...

It's not the kind of game I'd spend hours at a time on, but in short bursts it's good entertainment, not to mention tricky. My gf likes it a lot, she also likes the pottery game, I'd go as far to say they're similar in feel...

07-26-2010, 02:29 PM
I enjoyed the original iPhone game a lot and the iPad version is beautiful, right down to the interactive rippling water backgrounds.

On sale at less than one American dollar the term "no brainer instabuy" springs to mind for those who have any interest in puzzles or simply want a beautiful app to show off their shiny iPads!
07-26-2010, 02:31 PM
I bought this for my iPad a while back when it was still $4.99 (or $9.99? can't remember). The game is okay, but ultimately not that interesting. One of the few apps I regret buying at full price. At $0.99 though, I'd say it's definitely worth picking up and giving a try. The visuals are pretty nice, although more could be done to make the environments feel alive. The problem with the game, at least for me, is that the idea just isn't as compelling as I thought it would be. A pretty decent puzzler though.
07-26-2010, 03:34 PM
idk what y'all are talking about. i love it
07-26-2010, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starmonkey101 View Post
idk what y'all are talking about. i love it
If I own the iPhone version, is it worth buying it for the iPad?

FreeAppTracker.com free daily apps, rankings, & contests!
07-26-2010, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird View Post
I just bought it Song for HD - I'll let you know what it looks like - I love AF on the iPhone - looks great, and even scaled up, looks pretty damn good - I figured that the HD would look phenomenal, and that was worth the extra dollar - will post here later. I have high confidence it will be great.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
07-26-2010, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post
I just bought it Song for HD - I'll let you know what it looks like - I love AF on the iPhone - looks great, and even scaled up, looks pretty damn good - I figured that the HD would look phenomenal, and that was worth the extra dollar - will post here later. I have high confidence it will be great.
Thanks!

FreeAppTracker.com free daily apps, rankings, & contests!
07-26-2010, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird View Post
hey. personally, i love the game and the puzzles. however, if you have solved the puzzles before on the iphone, i find it useless to buy the ipad verson unless you just want to stare at the goregeous 3d, interactive graphix. and/or want to do the puzzles over again. in that case, go right ahead!
07-26-2010, 05:55 PM
Song -

I am comparing AF on my iPad - with an antiglare screensaver to an iPhone 4 with nothing on the screen - and I have to say - the graphics on the iPad are just a tad more grainy - I would suppose it is the antiglare screensaver, but I can't say 100% (and the screensaver was an absolute pain to get it on with even the couple tiny bubbles that it does have (not on the center, just on the edges)) - so I won't take it off - not even for you.... However - the frog is HUGE, and it looks GORGEOUS!. After 15 seconds - I have no regrets.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer