• Publisher: Gameloft
  • Genre: Role Playing
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 210.9 MB
  • Version: 1.0.5
  • Price: $6.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: The iPad already has its ultimate dark fantasy Action RPG! Easily the most accomplished example of the genre on the App Store yet. (PocketGamer 9/10) Dungeon Hunter now features impressive high resolution graphics and an optimized in-game interface.

When the darkness awoke, evil flooded over the land of Gothicus. Dispel the darkness in your realm, uncover your memory about terrible events and fight the evil queen who tyrannizes the kingdom the queen you once loved.

AN EPIC 3D QUEST
- Discover the enormous world of Gothicus and complete different types of quests and missions: Explore, kill, protect, find special items and more.
- Find your way through huge dungeons with the new mini-map - only for the iPad version! You can also expand the map for a larger view if needed.

IN THE TRADITION OF THE MOST SUCCESSFUL ACTION RPGs
- Create your own character: Choose your class from a stealthy Rogue to a blade wielding Warrior or a powerful and mysterious Mage.
- Tons of items, weapons and armor to find or buy. Each will change the look and abilities of your character.

A GREAT GAMEPLAY EXPERIENCE
- Hack n slash gameplay for real-time fights, providing a heavy dose of fun for everybody.
- iPad-optimized experience: Change the location of buttons on the screen to create a custom interface that best fits your style.

ADVENTURE AT ITS BEST
- Progress and evolve along your adventure. Gain experience points by killing enemies or succeeding in certain quests. Choose how to distribute your points according to the skills you want to focus on.
- 5 fairies, each with their own personality, will help you by providing protection, magical powers and advice.

Play this unique action RPG for hours! Defeat the forces of evil by magic and by sword, and finally face your destiny.

----------------------------------------------------------

*** Follow Gameloft on Twitter to get more info about this game and all our upcoming titles at http://twitter.com/gameloft

Also available from Gameloft on iPad: UNO, Asphalt 5, N.O.V.A. Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance, Lets Golf, Modern Combat: Sandstorm, Real Football 2010 and NFL 2010.

Certain apps allow you to purchase virtual items within the app and may contain third party advertisements that may redirect you to a third party site.

pluto6's comments:

Lite : http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dungeon-hunter-hd-free/id384714254?mt=8
04-05-2010, 01:53 AM

Pixel Doubled

Native

창의력
"Dream as though you will live forever; live as though you would die today."

Last edited by salsamd; 04-05-2010 at 11:53 AM.

04-05-2010, 01:58 AM
Looks like they included a map in the iPad version. I don't think they included one in the iPhone version?

hi
04-05-2010, 05:08 AM
One thing that COMPLETELY boggles my mind about this game, is why does it have a virtual analog stick for movement? Why why why why why?!

It's a Diablo clone, couldn't they have at least cloned the control scheme? You know, the control scheme that totally lends itself to touchscreens?

Saying that, the graphics and presentation are superb and it really shows you what the iPad is capable of in terms of dungeon crawlers, I hope to see a lot more.

Playing: We Rule, Plants vs. Zombies, AquaForest, Broken Sword
Plus+: Ciaran88

MacMystic - Forecasts, predictions and suggestions for Apple Inc
04-05-2010, 07:00 AM
Send a message via ICQ to Jarek Send a message via MSN to Jarek Send a message via Skype™ to Jarek
Quote:
It's a Diablo clone, couldn't they have at least cloned the control scheme? You know, the control scheme that totally lends itself to touchscreens?
*Ekhm* You can change control scheme to tap & move in the Options *ekhm*

Quote:
Saying that, the graphics and presentation are superb and it really shows you what the iPad is capable of in terms of dungeon crawlers, I hope to see a lot more.
This game contains a lot, trust me.

"Art does not reproduce, what we see. It rather makes us see"
04-05-2010, 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarek View Post
*Ekhm* You can change control scheme to tap & move in the Options *ekhm*
Praise jebus!

Playing: We Rule, Plants vs. Zombies, AquaForest, Broken Sword
Plus+: Ciaran88

MacMystic - Forecasts, predictions and suggestions for Apple Inc
04-05-2010, 10:07 AM
It looks interesting surely, but compared to the Touch/iPhone version, it doesn't seem like a major advancement. I am sure with the touch controls and the extra screen real estate its easier to control and the game isn't prone to slowdown.

However it seems as if Gameloft didn't even try to improve the visuals significantly over the Touch/iPhone version. Aside from the fact I haven't played the iPad version myself, I would recommend iPad users who have a Touch or iPhone download the free version for that device first before spending any money.

I am sure that in the coming months, better Diablo clones will be coming to the iPad.
04-28-2010, 05:38 PM
Why in the world did they retain the same zoom level as the iPhone version?!?! When I booted this up, I expected to be able to actually see more of the surrounding area. Instead, I'm greeted by beautiful, yet uselessly huge characters with no more playability than I had before.

Cripes.
04-28-2010, 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubisububi View Post
Why in the world did they retain the same zoom level as the iPhone version?!?! When I booted this up, I expected to be able to actually see more of the surrounding area. Instead, I'm greeted by beautiful, yet uselessly huge characters with no more playability than I had before.

Cripes.
You do have a mini map though...

창의력
"Dream as though you will live forever; live as though you would die today."
04-28-2010, 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salsamd View Post
You do have a mini map though...
You're a "glass is half full" kind of guy, aren't you?

:-)

Yes, the mini-map is a plus. Not sure if it is worth buying the game again, however.