• Publisher: Gameloft
  • Genre: Role Playing
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 210.9 MB
  • Version: 1.0.5
  • Price: $6.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: The iPad already has its ultimate dark fantasy Action RPG! Easily the most accomplished example of the genre on the App Store yet. (PocketGamer 9/10) Dungeon Hunter now features impressive high resolution graphics and an optimized in-game interface.

When the darkness awoke, evil flooded over the land of Gothicus. Dispel the darkness in your realm, uncover your memory about terrible events and fight the evil queen who tyrannizes the kingdom the queen you once loved.

AN EPIC 3D QUEST
- Discover the enormous world of Gothicus and complete different types of quests and missions: Explore, kill, protect, find special items and more.
- Find your way through huge dungeons with the new mini-map - only for the iPad version! You can also expand the map for a larger view if needed.

IN THE TRADITION OF THE MOST SUCCESSFUL ACTION RPGs
- Create your own character: Choose your class from a stealthy Rogue to a blade wielding Warrior or a powerful and mysterious Mage.
- Tons of items, weapons and armor to find or buy. Each will change the look and abilities of your character.

A GREAT GAMEPLAY EXPERIENCE
- Hack n slash gameplay for real-time fights, providing a heavy dose of fun for everybody.
- iPad-optimized experience: Change the location of buttons on the screen to create a custom interface that best fits your style.

ADVENTURE AT ITS BEST
- Progress and evolve along your adventure. Gain experience points by killing enemies or succeeding in certain quests. Choose how to distribute your points according to the skills you want to focus on.
- 5 fairies, each with their own personality, will help you by providing protection, magical powers and advice.

Play this unique action RPG for hours! Defeat the forces of evil by magic and by sword, and finally face your destiny.

----------------------------------------------------------

*** Follow Gameloft on Twitter to get more info about this game and all our upcoming titles at http://twitter.com/gameloft

Also available from Gameloft on iPad: UNO, Asphalt 5, N.O.V.A. Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance, Lets Golf, Modern Combat: Sandstorm, Real Football 2010 and NFL 2010.

Certain apps allow you to purchase virtual items within the app and may contain third party advertisements that may redirect you to a third party site.

pluto6's comments:

Lite : http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dungeon-hunter-hd-free/id384714254?mt=8
05-04-2010, 01:14 PM
I hadn't played it on my iPhone (I generally skip the games with too many on-screen controls on such a small screen), so I have nothing to compare it to -- but I'm really enjoying it on my iPad. If we get more RPGs that are similar in quality (with different game mechanics), I will be hooked.
05-16-2010, 07:28 PM
I love this game and hope there are more like it! I played through as a warior and am starting my second run through as a wizard. This is the best game on the iPad in my opinion. Of course I love dungeon crawling RPG games. I think the graphics are perfect. The only complaint I have is that they have spoilied me for the other RPG games that exist. By the way, I played the iPhone demo in pixel double mode before purchasing the HD version and I don't get how folks could say that this is pixel doubled.

-Greg

05-17-2010, 03:01 AM
Love it on the iPad as well. But how I wish they gave this more depth.

Current Vice: GoF2HD, Bastion, PvZ, Dead Space iPad, FFDim, FFIV, WoGoo, Solomon's Keep, Hook Champ
05-17-2010, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seyoon View Post
Agreed. Perhaps in Dungeon Hunter 2 someday....
08-04-2010, 11:41 AM
Thanks INSM.
I was hoping a lite version would come out.
08-04-2010, 11:44 AM
Am i the only one who finds the d-pad on this game highly unresponsive?

Last edited by JoeBlonde; 08-04-2010 at 04:27 PM.
08-04-2010, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seyoon View Post
Lol it's a little hard but I can understand this point of view. Myself I quote the game has some depth in some area, like a nice set of skills available even if you can't compare to similar PC games. I also enjoyed the touch controls without virtual pad. Also you can have at your disposal 3 special attacks with different effect like push back, half circle attack and some more.

But well there's a so bad management of movement obstacles ie your movements are blocked by obstacle your eyes can't identify as obstacles. Also the exploration is often a lot too obviously linear. For the story I won't complain there's a good density, and I consider I can't hope too much from 6$ games.
08-04-2010, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBlonde View Post
Am i the only one who finds the d-pad on this game highly irresponsive?
I Have only tried the lite very and thought that the d-pad was a little unresponsive. Not sure if it is that way in the full game though.

I had no problems in the iphone game.
08-04-2010, 02:59 PM
I had gotten the iphone version but played it on the pad (very playable btw), and I hated the d-pad. The game was much more enjoyable when I moved to the 'touch-to-go-here' input. Much more Diablo-ish and easier to control.