★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
05-04-2010, 01:14 PM
I hadn't played it on my iPhone (I generally skip the games with too many on-screen controls on such a small screen), so I have nothing to compare it to -- but I'm really enjoying it on my iPad. If we get more RPGs that are similar in quality (with different game mechanics), I will be hooked.
05-16-2010, 07:28 PM
I love this game and hope there are more like it! I played through as a warior and am starting my second run through as a wizard. This is the best game on the iPad in my opinion. Of course I love dungeon crawling RPG games. I think the graphics are perfect. The only complaint I have is that they have spoilied me for the other RPG games that exist. By the way, I played the iPhone demo in pixel double mode before purchasing the HD version and I don't get how folks could say that this is pixel doubled.

-Greg

05-17-2010, 03:01 AM
Love it on the iPad as well. But how I wish they gave this more depth.

Current Vice: GoF2HD, Bastion, PvZ, Dead Space iPad, FFDim, FFIV, WoGoo, Solomon's Keep, Hook Champ
05-17-2010, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seyoon View Post
Agreed. Perhaps in Dungeon Hunter 2 someday....
08-04-2010, 11:41 AM
Thanks INSM.
I was hoping a lite version would come out.
08-04-2010, 11:44 AM
Am i the only one who finds the d-pad on this game highly unresponsive?

Last edited by JoeBlonde; 08-04-2010 at 04:27 PM.
08-04-2010, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seyoon View Post
Lol it's a little hard but I can understand this point of view. Myself I quote the game has some depth in some area, like a nice set of skills available even if you can't compare to similar PC games. I also enjoyed the touch controls without virtual pad. Also you can have at your disposal 3 special attacks with different effect like push back, half circle attack and some more.

But well there's a so bad management of movement obstacles ie your movements are blocked by obstacle your eyes can't identify as obstacles. Also the exploration is often a lot too obviously linear. For the story I won't complain there's a good density, and I consider I can't hope too much from 6$ games.
08-04-2010, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBlonde View Post
Am i the only one who finds the d-pad on this game highly irresponsive?
I Have only tried the lite very and thought that the d-pad was a little unresponsive. Not sure if it is that way in the full game though.

I had no problems in the iphone game.
08-04-2010, 02:59 PM
I had gotten the iphone version but played it on the pad (very playable btw), and I hated the d-pad. The game was much more enjoyable when I moved to the 'touch-to-go-here' input. Much more Diablo-ish and easier to control.