★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
08-04-2010, 03:02 PM
#21
Ugh I can't stand Diablo type controls, too passive for me. Feel like I'm watching not playing.
08-04-2010, 04:04 PM
#22
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by agent59512935 View Post
Ugh I can't stand Diablo type controls, too passive for me. Feel like I'm watching not playing.
Lol you have the padronite syndrome, play Torchlight at hardest difficulty level (the game is easy), beat the game, and come back write that again, I bet instead you'll be cured of your padronite.

What are first person shooters? movement on keys/pad and point and click game. In a system like Torchlight or Dungeon Hunter HD your point and click to move and use keys for all special attacks, sure in Dungeon Hunter, it's only 3 keys vs 4 keys of movements in shooters. In Torchlight it's more 8/10 special attacks for normal players.

08-04-2010, 04:13 PM
#23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qordobo View Post
Lol you have the padronite syndrome, play Torchlight at hardest difficulty level (the game is easy), beat the game, and come back write that again, I bet instead you'll be cured of your padronite.

What are first person shooters? movement on keys/pad and point and click game. In a system like Torchlight or Dungeon Hunter HD your point and click to move and use keys for all special attacks, sure in Dungeon Hunter, it's only 3 keys vs 4 keys of movements in shooters. In Torchlight it's more 8/10 special attacks for normal players.
LOL do you really want to debate this, it's just personal preference.

However, I never said that type of control scheme can't be challenging. That's not what watching vs playing means. It means I am disconnected from the action. Same is also true of a turn based RPG.
08-04-2010, 04:20 PM
#24
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by agent59512935 View Post
LOL do you really want to debate this, it's just personal preference.

However, I never said that type of control scheme can't be challenging. That's not what watching vs playing means. It means I am disconnected from the action. Same is also true of a turn based RPG.
Lol, life is pointless so why refuse a pointless debate?

This precision wasn't clear, now it points much better, for me a pad is a bad control system, totally artificial and badly designed.

Ask to numerous players that will whine when with a pad you have to make a diagonal or it's death. But yeah that's a personal preference... coming from a brain wishing you suffered during your little youth through japan consoles. It succeed made you adopt an artificial and inferior game control system.
08-06-2010, 07:06 AM
#25
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 10,514
$6.99 -> $.99
08-06-2010, 08:47 AM
#26
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVader View Post
While I'm pretty grateful for the sale, I can't help but feel this isn't worth it. The impressions in this thread make me iffy, even though I'm sure the graphics alone make it worth .99
I played it on the iPod Touch, and a $1 high-rez iPad version is an insta-re-purchase for me.

Not a great game, but good enough to restart with a new character.
08-06-2010, 08:52 AM
#27
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVader View Post
While I'm pretty grateful for the sale, I can't help but feel this isn't worth it. The impressions in this thread make me iffy, even though I'm sure the graphics alone make it worth .99
Disgusting. This game, I've had SO many lost weekends because the game has so much content. I paid full price, and the controls may not seem as strong. But there are things called 'updates.' And since they're getting a sequel, support the original. Again, disgusting, since this game is $0.99. I've spent $$ on crap from simple pong looking games, and here you literally have an rpg that has so much love, you'll never know, because of 'impressions.' Try it out, and have fun this weekend!
08-06-2010, 09:10 AM
#28
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 3,571
Send a message via MSN to JoshCM
lite doesn't show up on my iPad.
08-06-2010, 10:21 AM
#29
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 15
I also paid full price for this and would recommend it at that price. For .99 this is a no brainer!
08-06-2010, 12:21 PM
#30
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 9
I had to grab this one when I saw it was only 99 cents. Seems like a certain no brainer for that price if you like this type of game.