• Publisher: Gameloft
  • Genre: Role Playing
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 210.9 MB
  • Version: 1.0.5
  • Price: $6.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: The iPad already has its ultimate dark fantasy Action RPG! Easily the most accomplished example of the genre on the App Store yet. (PocketGamer 9/10) Dungeon Hunter now features impressive high resolution graphics and an optimized in-game interface.

When the darkness awoke, evil flooded over the land of Gothicus. Dispel the darkness in your realm, uncover your memory about terrible events and fight the evil queen who tyrannizes the kingdom the queen you once loved.

AN EPIC 3D QUEST
- Discover the enormous world of Gothicus and complete different types of quests and missions: Explore, kill, protect, find special items and more.
- Find your way through huge dungeons with the new mini-map - only for the iPad version! You can also expand the map for a larger view if needed.

IN THE TRADITION OF THE MOST SUCCESSFUL ACTION RPGs
- Create your own character: Choose your class from a stealthy Rogue to a blade wielding Warrior or a powerful and mysterious Mage.
- Tons of items, weapons and armor to find or buy. Each will change the look and abilities of your character.

A GREAT GAMEPLAY EXPERIENCE
- Hack n slash gameplay for real-time fights, providing a heavy dose of fun for everybody.
- iPad-optimized experience: Change the location of buttons on the screen to create a custom interface that best fits your style.

ADVENTURE AT ITS BEST
- Progress and evolve along your adventure. Gain experience points by killing enemies or succeeding in certain quests. Choose how to distribute your points according to the skills you want to focus on.
- 5 fairies, each with their own personality, will help you by providing protection, magical powers and advice.

Play this unique action RPG for hours! Defeat the forces of evil by magic and by sword, and finally face your destiny.

----------------------------------------------------------

*** Follow Gameloft on Twitter to get more info about this game and all our upcoming titles at http://twitter.com/gameloft

Also available from Gameloft on iPad: UNO, Asphalt 5, N.O.V.A. Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance, Lets Golf, Modern Combat: Sandstorm, Real Football 2010 and NFL 2010.

Certain apps allow you to purchase virtual items within the app and may contain third party advertisements that may redirect you to a third party site.

pluto6's comments:


Lite : http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dungeon-hunter-hd-free/id384714254?mt=8
08-04-2010, 03:02 PM
#21
Ugh I can't stand Diablo type controls, too passive for me. Feel like I'm watching not playing.
08-04-2010, 04:04 PM
#22
Quote:
Originally Posted by agent59512935 View Post
Ugh I can't stand Diablo type controls, too passive for me. Feel like I'm watching not playing.
Lol you have the padronite syndrome, play Torchlight at hardest difficulty level (the game is easy), beat the game, and come back write that again, I bet instead you'll be cured of your padronite.

What are first person shooters? movement on keys/pad and point and click game. In a system like Torchlight or Dungeon Hunter HD your point and click to move and use keys for all special attacks, sure in Dungeon Hunter, it's only 3 keys vs 4 keys of movements in shooters. In Torchlight it's more 8/10 special attacks for normal players.

08-04-2010, 04:13 PM
#23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qordobo View Post
Lol you have the padronite syndrome, play Torchlight at hardest difficulty level (the game is easy), beat the game, and come back write that again, I bet instead you'll be cured of your padronite.

What are first person shooters? movement on keys/pad and point and click game. In a system like Torchlight or Dungeon Hunter HD your point and click to move and use keys for all special attacks, sure in Dungeon Hunter, it's only 3 keys vs 4 keys of movements in shooters. In Torchlight it's more 8/10 special attacks for normal players.
LOL do you really want to debate this, it's just personal preference.

However, I never said that type of control scheme can't be challenging. That's not what watching vs playing means. It means I am disconnected from the action. Same is also true of a turn based RPG.
08-04-2010, 04:20 PM
#24
Quote:
Originally Posted by agent59512935 View Post
LOL do you really want to debate this, it's just personal preference.

However, I never said that type of control scheme can't be challenging. That's not what watching vs playing means. It means I am disconnected from the action. Same is also true of a turn based RPG.
Lol, life is pointless so why refuse a pointless debate?

This precision wasn't clear, now it points much better, for me a pad is a bad control system, totally artificial and badly designed.

Ask to numerous players that will whine when with a pad you have to make a diagonal or it's death. But yeah that's a personal preference... coming from a brain wishing you suffered during your little youth through japan consoles. It succeed made you adopt an artificial and inferior game control system.
08-06-2010, 07:06 AM
#25
$6.99 -> $.99
08-06-2010, 08:47 AM
#26
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVader View Post
While I'm pretty grateful for the sale, I can't help but feel this isn't worth it. The impressions in this thread make me iffy, even though I'm sure the graphics alone make it worth .99
I played it on the iPod Touch, and a $1 high-rez iPad version is an insta-re-purchase for me.

Not a great game, but good enough to restart with a new character.
08-06-2010, 08:52 AM
#27
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordVader View Post
While I'm pretty grateful for the sale, I can't help but feel this isn't worth it. The impressions in this thread make me iffy, even though I'm sure the graphics alone make it worth .99
Disgusting. This game, I've had SO many lost weekends because the game has so much content. I paid full price, and the controls may not seem as strong. But there are things called 'updates.' And since they're getting a sequel, support the original. Again, disgusting, since this game is $0.99. I've spent $$ on crap from simple pong looking games, and here you literally have an rpg that has so much love, you'll never know, because of 'impressions.' Try it out, and have fun this weekend!
08-06-2010, 09:10 AM
#28
lite doesn't show up on my iPad.
08-06-2010, 10:21 AM
#29
I also paid full price for this and would recommend it at that price. For .99 this is a no brainer!
08-06-2010, 12:21 PM
#30
I had to grab this one when I saw it was only 99 cents. Seems like a certain no brainer for that price if you like this type of game.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:37 AM.