Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-06-2010, 01:14 PM
iPad, OS 3.x

For me it was worth the original price that I paid, but at this price it's a total steal. The igame market is just totally crazy if you ask me.

And if you don't like gamepads try the point and touch controls for me it worked very well.

Not a perfect game but good fun. As sequel of Hero of Sparta seems have improved a lot the crap that was the original I have hope that Dungeon Hunter 2 well be impressive.
Old 08-08-2010, 07:00 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

played many hours of this on my iPad touch 1st gen while on holiday snowboarding this year, (gotta do something before dinner in the evening besides pay alpine prices for beer.) And in HD this was a no brainer at 59p. This is a steal, have played another few hours on it this afternoon on the iPad as a new character (warrior this time) and it looks absolutely great and plays absolutely great.

As opposed to the iPhone version, I think I might actually see the story through on the iPad. Its just way more pleasant to play. And it was a great purchase on the iPod to begin with.
Old 08-08-2010, 09:29 PM
iPad, iOS 5.x

Having a great time with Dungeon Hunter; I've been alternating between this and bouts of 1000 Rogues. Games like DH is what I want to see more of personally but just more depth would be welcome (like Dungeon Siege). The iPad was totally made for RPGS, RTS and Board Games no doubt. Not much different than the iphone version, but at least it's visually more attractive and playing this game on a larger screen is just so much better like most games that head over to iPad.

Now take Hero of Sparta - here's a case where the game was great in its day on iPhone, and on the iPad it turned into insto-vomit.
Old 08-08-2010, 10:11 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Just for information as to other advantages the HD version has -

an in-game map that you can adjust to 2 sizes, or make it hidden - really makes navigation much simpler.

your powers can be mapped to on screen buttons rather than the scrolling one button that the iPhone had - usually meaning that your power up selected was wrong. A much better experience.

I wish that the control stick could be adjusted to another place on screen, but it is certainly useable where it is.

A much better experience for me on the iPad compared to the iPhone.
Old 08-09-2010, 12:27 AM
iPad, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post

your powers can be mapped to on screen buttons rather than the scrolling one button that the iPhone had - usually meaning that your power up selected was wrong. A much better experience.

Excellent example - yes indeed; I remember playing DM on the itouch and found it annoying to have to quickly rotate the spell wheel during battle and many times, not intentionally! It's nice having ALL the spells on screen at once on the iPad.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:14 AM
iPad, iOS 5.x

Fast forward to January 2013, this game is fun and all but NOT worth $6.99. I got this game free when it first came out, played the hell out of it because it was one of the only dungeon crawlers...
Old 01-04-2013, 10:29 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustrick View Post
Fast forward to January 2013, this game is fun and all but NOT worth $6.99. I got this game free when it first came out, played the hell out of it because it was one of the only dungeon crawlers...
Gameloft has been weird like that lately... they regularly put their latest hottest game on $1 sales, but completely neglect their back catalog.

BTW if you enjoy the first one, Dungeon Hunter 2 is highly recommended (and infinitely better than 3).
Old 01-04-2013, 02:57 PM
iPad (4th Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by strivemind View Post

BTW if you enjoy the first one, Dungeon Hunter 2 is highly recommended (and infinitely better than 3).
That's for sure!