★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Run for cover as the original, award-winning turn-based strategy game WORMS hits the iPad! Enjoy this enhanced visual edition of the top-selling AppStore title!

With a selection of single player battles, up to 4 player multiplayer mode and plenty of ways to customise your team, Worms is high on entertainment and replay value!

Authentic Worms gameplay.
Intuitive control system.
Cartoon-style visuals and comical audio.
Plan attacks with the infamous Sheep, Holy Hand Grenade and Banana Bomb!
50 challenges, with items to unlock.
6 environments, all with random battlefields, no two games are ever the same!
Personalise your team with names, voices and gravestones.
Auto-saves game state on exit.
Think you're a Worms expert? Take on a true test of your skill and face the mighty challenge of the all-new Body Count mode.
Watch your finest moments again and again with the return of action-replays.

New Game Alert **Worms Crazy Golf HD**

DONT MISS OUR OTHER EXCITING WORMS GAMES! Worms Crazy Golf, Worms 2 Armageddon, Worms, Worms Crazy Golf HD & the Worms Sound board FREE!

GIFT THIS APP: Click the Buy App arrow on ITunes® App Store.
04-04-2010, 02:19 PM
Has anyone bought Worms HD yet? How are the controls? I've been looking for a solid platform to play Worms on ever since Worms Armageddon stopped working on Windows, but I don't want to jump in unless it's up to the task.

04-04-2010, 05:06 PM
I picked this up yesterday. I've been happy with it so far. Framerate is fine and the controls are pretty good. The only real complaint I had is that the weapon choice screen doesn't tell you what they are. After selecting a weapon it goes back to the main screen though and tells you there so it's only an irritant, not a serious issue.
04-04-2010, 05:12 PM
Is this just a direct port from the iPhone version?

hi
08-03-2010, 11:03 AM
price drop: $4.99 →$2.99

Last edited by goiMot; 08-03-2010 at 11:58 AM.
08-03-2010, 11:34 AM
Some reviews said this is just a lazy stretched update from the iPhone version and not real optimization. So basically it's just like playing the iPhone version @ 2x.

Lame sauce!

Come on Team17, give us real optimized graphics for the iPad even if you won't add additional content for early adapter fans to double dip.

So.... sorry devs, even a sale @ $3, its difficult to bite.

But I still have hope this will get updated to the right path.

Current Vice: GoF2HD, Bastion, PvZ, Dead Space iPad, FFDim, FFIV, WoGoo, Solomon's Keep, Hook Champ
08-03-2010, 11:37 AM
Actually, I think it looks good and plays well. There are no jaggies or any other indication that the game was just stretched like, say, FRUIT NINJA HD.

Sorry, I just had to get that off my chest.

Bottom line: I really like it.
08-03-2010, 11:42 AM
Ugh! Such conflicting opinions. I want to get this, but I'm just not sure.

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic
08-03-2010, 11:53 AM
I remember waiting for Worms to come out on the Playstation.
We used to have Worm parties all the time. I remember passing the controller around because it was multiplayer but only with one controller.

This is tempting to pick up for 3 bucks. More impressions please!
08-03-2010, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CzarCastic View Post
Ugh! Such conflicting opinions. I want to get this, but I'm just not sure.
Well if you don't have the iPhone ver its best to get this since they are both the same price now. And none of the Worms versions has ever been lower than this price. Unless you're waiting for a Star Hogs HD ver (but who knows if IUGO is working on this), now's a great time to get this game.

Current Vice: GoF2HD, Bastion, PvZ, Dead Space iPad, FFDim, FFIV, WoGoo, Solomon's Keep, Hook Champ