★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Cyanide
  • Genre: Role Playing
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 46.0 MB
  • Version: 1.2
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Discover the legendary "Cadwallon: City of Thieves" board game in a digital version, perfectly suited to tablet computers.

Recruit your team of four thieves and spread out across the dangerous city of Cadwallon to make your fortune. Be faster and stronger than your opponents in order to open the chests before them and steal their loot after beating them in a fight!

Each character has his own skills and powers. You will have to find the best strategy, and have some luck with the dice, to carry back as much treasure as possible to your lair, before the city gates close on you!
Play solo or challenge up to three friends on one tablet.

****** An easy, yet deep, board game *******
- Recruit a team from amongst four gangs and sixteen thieves with unique spells and abilities.
- Plunder the most possible wealth in the city by avoiding the militia!
- Prevent your opponents from getting rich and imagine the most despicable methods to snare them in Cadwallon!
- Use your spells and abilities to gain the upper hand over your opponents.
- Complete side quests for greater riches.
- Get your booty safely out of the city to determine if you will be the greatest gang in Cadwallon!
Will you find the balance between daring and greed?

Follow all the news of the game on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cadwallon/512677732102168?fref=ts

TouchArcade Bot's comments:

11-08-2012, 07:07 AM
For the board game community here, it is out!

11-08-2012, 07:23 AM
It doesn't clearly state in the description, so I am wary: is this playable solo? Would it be a solitaire game or against AIs?

thanks.

All times favorites : Infinity Blade 3, King of Dragon Pass, anything Simogo or Tin Man
GameCenter: Corroyeur
11-08-2012, 07:40 AM
The art looks great but that description sures leaves out some important information. I found some relevant info at this link:

pockettactics.com/2012/11/07/out-tonight-cadwallon-city-of-thieves/

And here is the relevant text form that link:

Cadwallon: City of Thieves, which sadly looks like it’s going to be a bust. After spending over a year in development, the iPad adaptation of the eponymous board game is shipping with neither single-player AI nor online multiplayer. Publisher Cyanide is asking just 99 cents for it – an absurdly low price for an iPad board game, even if it’s pass-and-play only

I would love to hear differently...

Game Center: MarinasideSteve
11-08-2012, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thevagrant View Post
It doesn't clearly state in the description, so I am wary: is this playable solo? Would it be a solitaire game or against AIs?

thanks.
Last I heard this was pass n play only.

No multiplayer, no AI.

Been a month or more since I last heard, so that may have changed but I don't think so.
11-08-2012, 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slewis7 View Post
The art looks great but that description sures leaves out some important information. I found some relevant info at this link:

http://http://pockettactics.com/2012...ty-of-thieves/

And here is the relevant text form that link:

Cadwallon: City of Thieves, which sadly looks like its going to be a bust. After spending over a year in development, the iPad adaptation of the eponymous board game is shipping with neither single-player AI nor online multiplayer. Publisher Cyanide is asking just 99 cents for it an absurdly low price for an iPad board game, even if its pass-and-play only

I would love to hear differently...
thanks a lot for this. I can't access pockettactics from work, but I have no doubt it is true, given the very vague and useless app description. Cyclades all over again...

I'll keep my 0.89 cents then, and wait for an update from the dev. I would have paid 10 euros or more for this one.

All times favorites : Infinity Blade 3, King of Dragon Pass, anything Simogo or Tin Man
GameCenter: Corroyeur
11-08-2012, 08:08 AM
I don't mind cause I may gather some people around to play this. Does the app enforce the rules?

Statement: Star Wars has 2 characters with strange use of grammar: Yoda and HK-47. I pick HK-47 for it is meaner.

Honestly, I was never terribly good at games. - Finch (PoI S2E16)
11-08-2012, 08:32 AM
I see the ghost of Cyclades is alive and well.

"Don't Do This Or You'll Get Banned"
Unnecessary Sass Towards The Admins
11-08-2012, 09:34 AM
Bah,what the hell is up with several boardgames adaptation going the "no ai and no multiplayer" route? The best thing about playing this kind of games is doing it with others.
11-08-2012, 10:01 AM
This is a pretty cool game, especially for .99. I will have to wait until tonight to play against someone but I went into the game and did a few minutes of two player to check it out.

Art and game sounds are very nice, touch controls work like they should. The game is surprisingly easy to understand and I caught on right away, they also do a nice job with the instructions. Players are different colors but it would be nice if you could enter your name to make it easier to remember who you are. I did not see any stats.

For .99 and the low amount of space this takes up, I think this is worth a pick up just I case you end up with someone to play against. Up to four players can play.