★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: bitforge Ltd
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 8.3 MB
  • Version: 1.3.3
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Get the Game of the Year* now! ORBITAL HD for iPad is a 1-thumb experience with a simple goal: score points by destroying orbs. A mesmerizing puzzle game that is highly addictive. HOW FAR CAN YOU GO?

-----------------------------------------
Awards and Prizes: *Game of the Year denki.co.uk *Winner DiscoveryBeats Apps Contest *Silver Award pocketGamer.co.uk

VIDEO TRAILER 1) www.tinyurl.com/orbitaliphone

AWARDS TOP RATED - jayisgames.com SILVER AWARD - pocketgamer.co.uk

WHAT THE CRITICS SAY «ORBITAL is a game of skill, it's a game of strategy, it's a game of reflexes, and it's a game you will keep front and center of your iPhone for weeks on end.» - John Bardinelli (jayisgames.com) «A picnic to understand, but a marathon to get beyond the first few minutes, Orbital's simple style is perfect for those looking for fill the odd spare moment.» 8/10 - Keith Andrew (pocketgamer.co.uk) «Orbital is the most visually appealing brick breaker type game that I have ever laid eyes on and had the chance to play.» 5/5 - Mike (iphoneincanada.ca) «While there are already a few iPhone games that share the same gameplay mechanics as Orbital, none of them look anywhere near as cool.» - Eli Hodapp (toucharcade.com) «BitForge has managed to combine the addictive gameplay of Peggle and the beauty of Geometry Wars, two digital forms of crack, into one easy to use package.» - Chad George (thatvideogameblog.com) «Orbital takes simple gameplay and dresses it up with a unique gravity feature and enhanced graphics. The game can be very frustrating at times, but that wont keep you from coming back for another try.» 4/5 - Will Raskin (148apps.com) «Orbital has got fantastic graphics and unfussy features. Come to think of it, there are really no negative points about the game. Good going, Bitforge!» 5/5 - Yoyo (iphonefootprint.com)

GAMEPLAY You must shoot orbs into a grid with your cannon. The orb you fired will expand until it touches a wall or another orb. Each orb contains the number 3, which decreases by one every time it is hit. After 3 hits they explode and you earn a point. The game could be endless There is just one condition: a shot orb must not touch the death line above the cannon! If it does, the game is over. A simple concept to rack your brains and nerves.

FEATURES - Single & Two player mode - 3 game modes: Gravity, Pure & Supernova - Beautiful particle effects - All-time & 24 Hours online Leader board - Facebook connection: Compare with your friends on Facebook

ORBITAL is based on Gimme Friction Baby by Wouter Visser.

pluto6's comments:

A classic pick up and play. So easy, and yet, so hard. Many hours spent on this one. Also, phenomenal particle effects!
04-22-2010, 06:55 AM
An update was just submitted to rectify the HDness and performance on the iPad. Cool. This is one of the best games ever.

But I have a simple request: I'm noticing a problem on the iPad with the tap anywhere gameplay - my palm sometimes triggers a shot (mostly from the bottom right of the screen) which kills my game. An option to have the bottom 1/4 or 1/3 of the screen not be touch enabled would solve this.

Gravity is my game :: Top Slingshot Player and working to get my #1 spot in Orbital back...

04-26-2010, 11:12 PM
Orbital HD finally updated

Just downloaded the newest version and it appears that the gameplay issues have been resolved by the update released today. This is one of the best games for the iPhone and it's nice to finally have an iPad version that isn't choppy.

For those who are curious, there isn't any new content. This is another example of paying for the same game again simply for HD graphics. However, this game is just worth it to me.

Favorites: Tilt to Live, Super Stick Golf, Tiny Tower, Juggle!, Zombie Gunship, NBA Jam, Boost 2
Beta Tested: Tilt to Live v1.5
Open Feint, GameCenter, Plus+: chrisf82
04-27-2010, 01:15 PM
Did the update fix the concerns with the graphics? a lot of negative reviews.
04-27-2010, 01:48 PM
I haven't seen a graphic difference...yet. Another update is said to be on the way soon.

Gravity is my game :: Top Slingshot Player and working to get my #1 spot in Orbital back...
04-27-2010, 03:51 PM
I have been playing a lot of Orbital on the iPad - however - I have used the 2x version of iPhone. I would love to see this in HD graphics, but also have not purchased due to more premium price (what I purchased original for) and because of graphics concerns. This one really has potential for phenomenal particle effects, and explosions of color - much like what I assume geom wars to be. But, it does not look like they are there yet - still one of my all time favorite games on the iPhone.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
05-22-2010, 01:20 AM
I am wondering if the HD version is worth it as I already have the iphone version. Any thoughts from those who have tried both ?
05-22-2010, 01:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cranker View Post
I am wondering if the HD version is worth it as I already have the iphone version. Any thoughts from those who have tried both ?

Graphics look beautiful on the big screen, more fun to play.

I don't like to double dip but it's worth it.
05-22-2010, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2spoon View Post
Did the update fix the concerns with the graphics? a lot of negative reviews.

I am assuming they fixed the graphics issues ? So there is a noticeable difference in the graphics between the 2 versions then?

The 2 player game must be awesome. I never played mutliplayer on my iphone due to the small screen.

Last edited by cranker; 05-22-2010 at 08:57 AM.
05-22-2010, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cranker View Post
I am assuming they fixed the graphics issues ? So there is a noticeable difference in the graphics between the 2 versions then?

The 2 player game must be awesome. I never played mutliplayer on my iphone due to the small screen.
NO, after the last update which fixed performance issues, they said a major update was coming.

I'm still waiting patiently for the graphic update...and a few new modes that take advantage of the larger real estate wouldn't hurt.