★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Celsius Game Studios' Chromodyne now in High Definition, on the iPad!

As a Quantum Chromodynamic Cyclotron, or Chromodyne, operator, you are the last line of defense the Earth has against interstellar catastrophe! Should the planet become endangered by an asteroid, comet or some other Massive Extra-Solar Smasher (MESS for short) it is your job to use the Chromodyne to combine exotic matter, shooting it into the MESS and causing it to shrink and eventually phase out of our universe, thus saving the Earth from certain doom! The job isn't easy (and quite possibly thankless) but saving the world seldom is.

Should there be no pending disaster, many a Chromodyne operator enjoys honing his or her skills by finding a rogue black hole and seeing how long they can keep it's mass below a certain size.

Gameplay is a twist on the traditional match-three style, with 5 concentric rings made up of different colored shapes. You have to touch and rotate the rings and line up 3 or more of the same color and shape in a line going towards the center in order to clean up the MESS and add to your score.

Chromodyne offers two exciting play modes to keep you coming back for more:

* Story Mode describes the epic struggle between a pair of sinister aliens and you, the lone Chromodyne operator, who stands between the Earth and the MESSes that the aliens throw at it.

* Survival Mode pits you against an ever-expanding black hole. Keep it from growing too large for as long as you can!

CGSColin's comments:
Celsius Game Studios' futuristic, fancy schmancy, humorously storied, pixel art filled, 3D match-3 puzzle game for the iPhone now has a big brother on the iPad!

If you get Chromodyne HD, I'd love to hear what you think!

04-06-2010, 08:17 AM
Now that the iPad has been out for a few days, I figured I'd poke my head in and see if any match-3 fans had a chance to check out Chromodyne HD? If you're not, know anyone who's a match-3 fiend perhaps? (If you don't have an iPad yet you could always check it out on the iPhone )

05-01-2010, 01:08 PM
Hey Colin! Fired the HD version up on the iPad this morning. I think Madgarden sent ya a message about it. It looks super cool and shiney on the iPad! I didn't get to play much yet but I had fun with the few minutes I got to spend at it.

Wondering if you are thinking of adding iPad orientation (Im sure there some fancy term for it) to it in an update? If not, just tell me to suck it up and flip the darn iPad...heh!
05-02-2010, 11:45 PM
Glad to hear you're enjoying it Mrs.Madgarden

As for supporting orientation changes, I will at the very least be adding support for left and right orientations, as I have a few small fixes that I'm working on for the iPad version I figure I can throw that in there too!
06-21-2010, 07:39 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know I've managed to track down and fix a weird crash bug during story mode *and* I've added support for orientation changes. The update has been submitted to Apple, hopefully it won't take very long to be approved.

I'll post here when it's available
07-03-2010, 01:40 PM
The 1.1.1 update is out, a 1.1.2 update is in the works, and in a couple weeks 1.2 will be out with OpenFeint support!

For the rest of the weekend as well, Chromodyne HD is on sale for $0.99!
07-03-2010, 07:51 PM
Oh, and if 99 cents still has you on the fence, you can always get Chromodyne Lite to check out the gameplay. It's iPhone only, but you'll at least get a feel for it

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/chromodyne-lite/id369298294?mt=8
07-04-2010, 06:09 AM
Just bought it. It's a good match type game, music is nice and is very playable, but if i can make a suggestion, i think would be much better if the rings movement could be more "fluid", i.e. when you make them circle around to get a match.
Also an online scoreboard would be very well accepted.
Keep up the good work!
07-04-2010, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caprone View Post
Just bought it. It's a good match type game, music is nice and is very playable, but if i can make a suggestion, i think would be much better if the rings movement could be more "fluid", i.e. when you make them circle around to get a match.
Also an online scoreboard would be very well accepted.
Keep up the good work!
Thanks! Glad to hear you like it

You're in luck with the scoreboards! When I release the 1.2 update in a week or two it will have OpenFeint leaderboards and achievements

As for the rotation, I'll have a look and see if something can be done to smooth it out.
07-04-2010, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGSColin View Post
Thanks! Glad to hear you like it

You're in luck with the scoreboards! When I release the 1.2 update in a week or two it will have OpenFeint leaderboards and achievements

As for the rotation, I'll have a look and see if something can be done to smooth it out.
Great news!
keep up the good work!