Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-22-2011, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLW View Post
I've just downloaded the new update, I've bought level packs for The Creeps! on my iPhone, is there any way of unlocking them for The Creeps! HD without paying again?
I don't believe there is a way for IAP to move between different programs. If Creeps was universal then you could do this.
Old 10-22-2011, 10:27 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deth4U2 View Post
I don't believe there is a way for IAP to move between different programs. If Creeps was universal then you could do this.
This I know is not true because I have all my purchases from my iphone version and holiday version unlocked on my HD version and all I did was have all three programs on my ipad when I updated this last update.
Old 10-23-2011, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojtitus View Post
This I know is not true because I have all my purchases from my iphone version and holiday version unlocked on my HD version and all I did was have all three programs on my ipad when I updated this last update.
You are both right. Kinda

Apple does not allow the same IAP to be shared between multiple apps. So technically, you could purchase level pack #9 4 times (Creeps, Creeps Zero, Creeps HD, and Creeps Holiday Edition). Which would suck, because they are the same levels.

I have used a kind of work around that allows your purchases in one version to unlock those same level packs in another version. But it only works if the two versions are installed on the same device.

SO, if you wanted to buy a level pack (or the All Access Pass) on your iPhone, then later on decided you want to also have them on your copy of The Creeps! HD on your iPad (a different device), then you can do it without paying again. Simply install the iPhone version (the one you made your purchase in) on your iPad. Use the "restore" option on the level select screen (of the iPhone version!) and it will unlock your level packs for ALL versions of The Creeps! that are installed on that device (that means your Creeps! HD just unlocked level packs even though you didn't buy them through The Creeps! HD). This is the best I can do until Apple allows multiple apps to share IAPs.

There is still the matter of your scores though. As it turns out, Apple has a similar restriction for Game Center... multiple apps cannot share a game center score board. I'm hoping to work around this limitation in the next update using iCloud. This could also make sharing level pack purchases easier. I don't know for sure if it will work, but if it does, you'll see it soon!
Old 10-23-2011, 01:54 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegularStormy View Post
SO, if you wanted to buy a level pack (or the All Access Pass) on your iPhone, then later on decided you want to also have them on your copy of The Creeps! HD on your iPad (a different device), then you can do it without paying again. ...
This worked, thanks.

And thanks for finally adding levels to the HD version. Now I can happily update my itunes review to 5 stars.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:05 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

That worked, thanks. Good luck with iCloud.
Old 10-23-2011, 09:39 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Thanks RegularStormy for getting the HD version up to par with the other versions, good job.
Old 10-23-2011, 11:28 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegularStormy View Post
You are both right. Kinda

Apple does not allow the same IAP to be shared between multiple apps. So technically, you could purchase level pack #9 4 times (Creeps, Creeps Zero, Creeps HD, and Creeps Holiday Edition). Which would suck, because they are the same levels.

I have used a kind of work around that allows your purchases in one version to unlock those same level packs in another version. But it only works if the two versions are installed on the same device.

SO, if you wanted to buy a level pack (or the All Access Pass) on your iPhone, then later on decided you want to also have them on your copy of The Creeps! HD on your iPad (a different device), then you can do it without paying again. Simply install the iPhone version (the one you made your purchase in) on your iPad. Use the "restore" option on the level select screen (of the iPhone version!) and it will unlock your level packs for ALL versions of The Creeps! that are installed on that device (that means your Creeps! HD just unlocked level packs even though you didn't buy them through The Creeps! HD). This is the best I can do until Apple allows multiple apps to share IAPs.

There is still the matter of your scores though. As it turns out, Apple has a similar restriction for Game Center... multiple apps cannot share a game center score board. I'm hoping to work around this limitation in the next update using iCloud. This could also make sharing level pack purchases easier. I don't know for sure if it will work, but if it does, you'll see it soon!
I think that it is pretty shit that this is only being mentioned now. I have wasted 3.99 last night to unlock levels in the HD version which I already had in the iPhone version.
Old 10-23-2011, 12:45 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavarotti2007 View Post
I think that it is pretty shit that this is only being mentioned now.
That's a little harsh, don't you think? Its only about 12 hours since the release, its the developer doing you a favor and coming up with a way to work around App store restrictions, its the exact same thing you had to do with the Holiday Edition, and frankly, you have been on the site long enough to know that RegularStormy posts here all the time and you could have asked before re-buying.
Old 10-23-2011, 12:56 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
I think that it is pretty shit that this is only being mentioned now.
That's a little harsh, don't you think? Its only about 12 hours since the release, its the developer doing you a favor and coming up with a way to work around App store restrictions, its the exact same thing you had to do with the Holiday Edition, and frankly, you have been on the site long enough to know that RegularStormy posts here all the time and you could have asked before re-buying.

And, since you posted this:

Quote:
No. If you have both the regular Creeps and the Holiday edition you only have to purchase/unlock those packs in one of them and it unlocks them in both.

on 04-21-2011, you probably should have tried to see if the iPad version worked the same way.
Old 10-23-2011, 04:05 PM
iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlkaufman View Post

And, since you posted this:

on 04-21-2011, you probably should have tried to see if the iPad version worked the same way.
Oooohhhh.... that hurts!!! If, I ever do, please just give me gentle reminder not to argue with you...