Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-17-2010, 11:19 PM

I'll say it again.... This game is perfect. If you want to whine and bitch I'm sure you can find stuff but it's perfect the way it is. it already looks miles better than the iphone version..... the graphics are crisp and clean. if you want to pay attention to people that have no idea what they are talking about then fine, but I own the game and have no reason to suck stormy's balls, but this game is one of the best looking apps besides the menu icons that are a little pixelated however not a single thing is wrong in the game. i attached a pic and even blown up to full size it looks great however do realize any resolution beyond what the iphone displays is stretching it.

stop trying to pass off compressed photos as the quality of the graphics
Old 09-17-2010, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaPaFuNk View Post
The most important thing is if you are happy with it. I'm glad you are! I wouldn't be, so I didn't buy it.
if you didn't buy it, you have no right to comment on the quality. so either buy it and bitch away, or just leave it alone. it's totally worth having this on ipad, the increased space is a blast to have and there isn't a damn thing wrong with it.
Old 09-17-2010, 11:33 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchampl View Post
I'll say it again.... This game is perfect.
I'm with you. The only thing this games needs (as far as I am concerned) is more levels. And not necessarily free levels either. I would be happy to pay for DLC.
Old 09-18-2010, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlkaufman View Post
I'm with you. The only thing this games needs (as far as I am concerned) is more levels. And not necessarily free levels either. I would be happy to pay for DLC.
listen to this guy. one of the most detailed people on this board and when there is a problem, he will say so...
Old 09-18-2010, 12:55 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

I certainly don't try and cause problems. The screen shots on the iTunes were originally from the computer and may still be. I can't remember, but the screenshots were posted before anyone had an iPad as you can remember. I bought this day 1. I love the game, but never thought the graphics were what I expected (a la zen bound 2, or mirrors edge). I understand it is all perception. I generally agree with mlkaufman, but in this case don't. I don't think I'm being too picky, I just don't think the graphics are up to par with some other hi Rez games. I guess we will have to agree to disagree.
Old 09-18-2010, 02:20 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post
I don't think I'm being too picky, I just don't think the graphics are up to par with some other hi Rez games.
I agree with you that there are games with better graphics, but I feel that this game just doesn't need better graphics. With something like a good driving game, or the Settlers HD, and many others, better graphics make for a better game.

With a game like this one, or TowerMadness, or Implode, the graphics are almost besides the point. You want to have good enough graphics to not distract from the game, but after that, it really doesn't matter.

IMO, what makes the HD version of Creeps better then the iPhone one on the iPad is not the fact that the graphics are crisper on the HD version then in the pixel doubled iPhone version (which they are). What makes it better is the maps that are designed for the bigger screen. You can have longer paths and more involved ones that would just be too hard to play on the smaller iPhone display.

Implode's graphics are very basic, but I actually think better graphics would district from a great game, they certainly wouln't improve it.

TowerMadness HD (the other great TD game on the iPad) actually has pretty average graphics, but it is still a fantastic game.

Sometimes you just don't need the most complicated or crispest graphics for a great game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchampl View Post
listen to this guy. one of the most detailed people on this board and when there is a problem, he will say so...
Thanks for the kind words. If you take a look at my posts about the Creeps from the first 6 months or so after its release, all I did was complain about how easy it was. When he finaly tuned it up to make it hard enough, that's when it turned into one of the top TDs on the iPhone. The HD version is certainly one of the top ones on the iPad. And it will move up even farther when he adds some DLC (hint hint).

Last edited by mlkaufman; 09-18-2010 at 09:18 AM..
Old 09-18-2010, 12:11 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

No need to be jerky man. We are all here to enjoy games and discuss. I think there are as many people wanting what I do as there are people satisfied with it the way it is. I simply want them to make all the graphics as crisp as the other 60% of the game as much as mlkaufman wishes to see dlc. I just could have sounded more polite about it I guess. I mentioned I LOVE the game several times and have bought dlc for the iPhone version- so I am hardly busting the devs balls. I even told people if they don't own the game to go buy it! So I don't know where you are coming from..if you like the game the way it is go play it and stop giving me a hard time for voicing my opinion.

Assuming I have not played the HD version before voicing my opinion is laughable. Nice work detective! I'm sure you have wanted something more of a game before. My friend has it so I do have first hand experience playing it. Some of it looks fantastic, which makes the low res items look that much worse. He agrees completely, but does not have the iphone version so he is still happy with his purchase (but could be much happier)

I admit I could have asked in a better manner at first but I suspect I would have heard from someone like you anyway. I thought since so many people feel the way I do on here it would not be such a 'whiny' issue for you. If all the graphics were given the same treatment sales of this game would probably triple. Again, just my opinion. No doubt as far as gameplay goes this is easily the best TD game in the app store. Very few will debate that.
Old 09-18-2010, 01:24 PM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Default More DLC!

I would also like to add my voice to request more DLC - I would be happy to pay for it! Love the game!

I do agree that they aren't the crispest graphics in the world, but that is kind of beside the point. I would just be happy with more levels.

Please?
Old 11-18-2010, 09:03 PM

Default The Creeps! HD 1.6

Hey guys, I'll make a separate post later, but The Creeps! HD 1.6 just got approved! I'll post some screen shots when I get a chance

What's new?
1. Added support for iOS 4.2. Fast app switching fully supported.
2. Retooled level select screen. It's much more HD-ish now It also shows the badges and high scores you have earned on each level (by popular demand!)
3. General graphics improvements: Level backgrounds have been repainted. Effects quality has been improved, no more pixilated explosions etc
4. Added 4 new Doorbuster levels!

Bad news... Agon appears to be completely dead. They are no longer answering support requests or making bug fixes and developers can no longer make changes to leaderboards or awards. I'm guessing that at some time in the future (maybe soon) the online high scores through Agon will stop working altogether.

But the good news:
5. GAME CENTER SUPPORT!!! The Creeps! HD now supports Apple's Game Center! There are now Game Center Achievements. Compare scores and achievements with your friends!

I hope you guys enjoy the shiny newness
Old 11-18-2010, 09:05 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegularStormy View Post
Hey guys, I'll make a separate post later, but The Creeps! HD 1.6 just got approved!
Excellent news. Are there any DLC levels on the way?