★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Tea Monster
  • Genre: Word
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 10.2 MB
  • Version: 1.3.1
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Put your word skills to the test in this free. simple, fast paced and addictive word game. Featuring more than 150,000 words to find and nearly endless fun, wordSphere is a must-have for word game fans.

The only trouble you'll have will be putting it down!

How to play:
Each level presents a circle of letters. You make words from those letters to reach a target amount and progress. There's a hidden bonus word in every level and if you get stuck, you can swap out the letters for another set - be careful, though, because swaps are limited and the only way to earn new swaps is to find those hidden words!

Features:
- 150,000+ word database
- Fast-paced action
- Hidden words in every level
- Intuitive interface
- High score table
- Auto saving - drop in or out whenever you feel like it

PsychicParrot's comments:
100% free! 100% fun!

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wordsphere/id364938797?mt=8

Put your word skills to the test in this free. simple, fast paced and addictive word game. Featuring more than 150,000 words to find and nearly endless fun, wordSphere is a must-have for word game fans.

How to play:
Each level presents a circle of letters. You make words from those letters to reach a target amount and progress. There's a hidden bonus word in every level and if you get stuck, you can swap out the letters for another set - be careful, though, because swaps are limited and the only way to earn new swaps is to find those hidden words!

Features:
- 150,000+ word database
- Fast-paced action
- Hidden words in every level
- Intuitive interface
- High score table
- Auto saving - drop in or out whenever you feel like it

Sure, it has ads in it but you won't notice them because you'll be so addicted to the game

*Note: I am the developer of this game. My game 'Wordular' launched a while ago as a 99c game, but it is now being re-published under the new name 'wordSphere' for some reasons that are too boring to talk about here. Just download it and enjoy it
04-03-2010, 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychicParrot View Post
Sure, it has ads in it but you won't notice them because you'll be so addicted to the game
O.k., I'll download it!

But I always thought that ads actually ARE for noticing?

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

Last edited by Vovin; 04-03-2010 at 03:09 PM.

04-03-2010, 02:34 PM
Good point, Vovin. Damn. That'll be why I ain't making any money from the app store, then
04-03-2010, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Good point, Vovin. Damn. That'll be why I ain't making any money from the app store, then

You need'nt. You're already making millions with the advertisements...

O.k., grrrls and guys - this game is ad-supported.
But as far as I can see, the ads aren't so noticeable, I can easily live with them.

First impressions: I like this game, it is a nice time waster.
The controls are easy to handle and the game is quite challenging - you have to think quick. In its style it reminds me of Textropolis. You have a given set of letters and you have to make different words out of them.
Download and try it.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
04-03-2010, 03:52 PM
Thanks, Vovin! Hope it keeps you busy for a while
04-03-2010, 04:09 PM
Looks identical to Ethervision's Wordular which isn't available any more. Is it the same?

Currently Playing - Space Miner / Wooden Labyrinth 3D / Star Hogs / Isotope / Pool Rebel
Front Page Tug Boat "Radar"
Beta Testing - iPhone 3G S⃣
04-03-2010, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonsmith View Post
Looks identical to Ethervision's Wordular which isn't available any more. Is it the same?
He said that was his game and was republished as WordSphere.

Quote:
*Note: I am the developer of this game. My game 'Wordular' launched a while ago as a 99c game, but it is now being re-published under the new name 'wordSphere' for some reasons that are too boring to talk about here. Just download it and enjoy it

Openfeint ID/Plus+/AC2 MP: Bahgett
Gamecenter: Hamburger Time
04-03-2010, 04:16 PM
Wonder if it has a timeless mode. Downloading to see.
If not any chance of getting one put in?
Might get a lot more customers that way.
There are a few casual players around that would probably get it if so.
04-03-2010, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosatm View Post
He said that was his game and was republished as WordSphere.
Cool, I failed to read that. No wonder why it's gone bye bye.

Currently Playing - Space Miner / Wooden Labyrinth 3D / Star Hogs / Isotope / Pool Rebel
Front Page Tug Boat "Radar"
Beta Testing - iPhone 3G S⃣
04-03-2010, 05:29 PM
Ok, played. Although not a fan of timed modes the game was fun. Liked how the letters revolved around but at a leisurely pace. Might ramp up later and if not I suggest it for being a timed mode game to give it even more of a challenge for the more hardcore. (if it's going to be a timed games might as well suggest it).
The huge submit button was a plus for me when rushing to form words. Was kind of easy to start and this is still a somewhat early impression but covers the basics.

I also like how once you completed a level you weren't thrown into the next one right away but could tap the start button to continue on. Good for people who like to "compose" themselves before starting another level.
(some people like that)

Do have a small gripe as when I finished the level then I'm required to stare at my screen till the timer has expired. Little of a dead spot there while playing.

Timer is well balance and words depend on how good you are to make longer ones or can simply grab smaller 3 character ones. Not sure but think 3 would be the limit as in most word games. But a nice word game for hardcore or casual so covers both types of gamers.

Noticed my name at the top of the scoreboard after only one play. Good ego booster! And at the end of each level it gives the hidden word that was or could have been found. Cool sounds and a very complete tutorial as well.

I like it (even if timed) and keeping it on my device. Never played the other referred to as Wordular so this is a first time impression of the game for me.

And the ads aren't obtrusive and didn't detract from the game play in any way. But there for the looking or tapping if interested. The game description has other info I've not mentioned.
A very nice game and would recommend it to all word players.

Last edited by Coldar; 04-04-2010 at 06:36 AM. Reason: corrected words