★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: iQuarium HD by Infinite Dreams

04-03-2010, 02:48 PM
iQuarium HD by Infinite Dreams

Last edited by TomID; 04-03-2010 at 03:33 PM.
04-14-2010, 10:55 AM
Here's a picture showing how iQuarium HD looks on iPad

Infinite Dreams Inc. member - http://idreams.pl | Follow Infinite Dreams on Twitter: http://twitter.com/idreamsgames

04-14-2010, 11:09 AM
I may have to get this just because I love Blood Parrots
04-14-2010, 11:17 AM
Is the "unlock" mechanic still in place? Beautiful app on my iPhone, but frustrating to loose all my unlockables when a 'bug' killed my fishy. Would probably be quite tempted to purchase HD version if I could have instant access to all the goodies from the start.
04-14-2010, 11:53 AM
Yeah I kinda agree. I was an early adopter of iQuarium on the phone and loved it. But when everything got reset and I was faced with having to completely restart... I sorta didn't. And just removed it.

Again, beautiful app and I'd love to see it on my iPad. But I use the ipad less than my phone and would be concerned about dead fishing and starting over.
04-14-2010, 07:47 PM
Installed this and I'm having fun keeping my fish alive and pimping out my aquarium, but it seems this iPad port was rushed for one the open feint button does -nothing- in settings, and judging from the iPhone version's thread here, whenever you guys enable that we'll have to just reset our progress anyways.

In other words I am TOTALLY DOWN for a pretty arbitrary time sink of a 'game', it just sucks when your progress might be just as arbitrarily wiped out and I'm paranoid this is going to happen here as they add new stuff.
04-14-2010, 08:09 PM
No you don't lose your progress with updates. But on the iphone if you go 5 days without feeding your fish will die and you have to restart. Guessing this one is the same way.
04-14-2010, 08:21 PM
Ah ok. Yeah, I don't want to confuse anyone here, so to clarify what I'm worrying about is when they fix/add OpenFeint integration back. In the past when they added that later in to the iPhone version, you basically had to reset to get the achievements you missed, but if you're not OCD about achievements you can totally ignore my posts.

And yeah, games like this really need basic cloud support for saves. it would be great to be able to feed my fish from my iPhone OR iPad and have them sync.
04-21-2010, 02:04 PM
So. I bought this app about a week ago along with a bunch of other apps. As usual, some panned out and some didn't, but I'm loving iQuarium HD. Yes, there are a few minor bugs apparently, but overall I really like my iQuarium. I like to check in on it from time to time or keep it on by my monitor at work. My kids like to feed the fish. I am super eager to earn the awards and while they come frustratingly slow it seems like a good thing. I feel like I get one a day or so. I can't wait to get that jelly theme. It is so freaky cool.

In case the developers want to know, here are my wishes and things I like in one bullet list.

1. It would be awesome to have the same iQuarium but be able to earn other critters. I can imagine some quasi-sea monkey like thing that would be really cool. (Maybe that's a whole different app.)

2. I would like more info about how to treat my fish. Does it bug him when I tap on the glass? Does he like following my finger-bubble trail? The only real feedback I get is when he does that little flip/circle. That looks like a good sign, but I'm not sure. Should I feed him more than once a day? How much is too much? Does the fish hate it when I mess around with the plants and rocks and stuff (taking them in and out)?

3. More previews on the items would be good. I would like to see 3-5 awards ahead rather than 2. I would like to be able to touch them and get a view of what the item looks like before dropping it into the tank.

4. Some different lighting effects would be a neat award. (Maybe you have those. I'm only up to Rock 4.) I think I can get a second fish, looking at screen shots around the net. I hope that's true. Do they have babies? That would really be awesome.

5. One fellow remarked that he wished the view didn't pan. I kind of agree. I think when it's out to full-size, the frame should be static. If I wanted it to pan I could "pinch" the view a bit so it would move with the fish. Is the panning so that the iQuarium works as a screen saver? Does anything really need a screensaver anymore?

6. Wow. That Clock (yellow with black trim) is uuuuuuuuuuuuuuugly. And because of the panning it goes out of frame, so I can't really use it as a time reference. Also the cloud of bubbles it puts up. Yech. My least favorite reward so far.

7. What happened to rocks 2 and 3? I only have 1 and 4.

8. Plant 2 cuts off the bubbles unrealistically. The bubble stream comes out of the gravel in FRONT of plant 2, but disappears BEHIND plant 2 as it comes up.

Thanks for the cool app! Don't lose interest in developing it more.
04-21-2010, 02:08 PM
Oh. I should add a couple more positives.

9. The fish is really cool. I suppose that goes without saying, but it has good animation and seems to have a personality.

10. For the most part the graphics are awesome. The lighting effects are neat and add subtle interest to the tank. Plant 1 does just look like a 2x version of an iPhone graphic, but everything else looks good so far.