★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: Reiner Knizia's Money Now Available for iPad

04-03-2010, 04:10 PM
Reiner Knizia's Money Now Available for iPad

We've converted our popular Money eurogame (by master Reiner Knizia) for the iPad. Here's the complete press release we put out on the topic:

Quote:
Skotos Tech has extended its successful iPhone gaming app, Reiner Knizia's Money, by producing a new iPad conversion which will become available this Saturday, April 3.

This new iteration of Reiner Knizia's Money makes use of the iPad's bigger screen to produce a better gaming experience. The app's gaming table is larger and the cards are higher resolution. New sidebars provide for easy access to buttons without covering up the gaming table. The game now runs in any orientation, allowing you to always pick up your iPad and play immediately. However, the biggest change is that the larger iPad screen has allowed for the addition of a fifth player to the game.

"This reflects our continued support for mobile eurogames," says developer Shannon Appelcline. "In optimizing Money for the iPad, we've extended our core gaming engine, which means that all of our future games will enjoy these same advantages." Work has already begun on Skotos' next two mobile eurogames, Reiner Knizia's High Society and Reiner Knizia's Kingdoms. In addition, talks are underway with other tabletop designers to bring their games to the iPhone.

Current players of Reiner Knizia's Money should find a free upgrade available which will allow for play on the iPad as soon as it arrives. New gamers who are interested in buying Reiner Knizia's Money will find it available in the Apple iTunes Store on the third.

Developer Shannon Appelcline has also written an article discussing Converting an iPhone App for the iPad in iPhone in Action, the blog companion to his iPhone programming book.
If anyone is interested in writing a review for a web site or blog, drop me a line at shannona@skotos.net

Here's the iTunes link:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/reiner-knizias-money/id349220571?ign-mpt=uo%3D6

Shannon
Money Developer
04-03-2010, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonA View Post
Current players of Reiner Knizia's Money should find a free upgrade available which will allow for play on the iPad as soon as it arrives.
Now, that's a nice surprise. Thanks

04-03-2010, 05:04 PM
You're quite welcome.

I'm actually surprised to see some people offering different versions for the two devices. I figure if people bought our game, they should get to play our game on whichever device they prefer ... unless we did a really massive rewrite I suppose.

Last edited by ShannonA; 04-03-2010 at 07:34 PM.
04-04-2010, 02:14 AM
Wow, thanks! I'm looking forward to trying out this new version when my 3G iPad arrives.
04-05-2010, 03:40 PM
By the by, if you want to keep constantly updated on what we're doing, you can subscribe to our Googlegroup:
mobile-euro-game+subscribe@googlegroups.com

It's where we announce all of our updates (including this one), and soon will be announcing our future Eurogames.
07-26-2010, 10:05 PM
now $1 for boardgame / cardgame lovers definitely snag this.
07-26-2010, 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbass View Post
now $1 for boardgame / cardgame lovers definitely snag this.
"bringing the price of money to its lowest ever" . Thanks for the heads-up. Did snag.
07-26-2010, 10:16 PM
Just bought, very fun.
07-28-2010, 11:42 AM
Picked up the app last night and I have enjoyed the few games I have played.

There are a few thinks I would like to see, though:

1) Size of banners. Seems a shame that so much space needs to be taken up for the menu bar and title banner/score.

2) When starting a new game, provide the option of selecting the Human Player so that each person playing on the iPad can have their own stats - just like it is being done with the AI players.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Cap.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	222.6 KB
ID:	21015  

Who you calling Junior?

FortyRock on Plus+ and OpenFeint
07-28-2010, 12:42 PM
I got it, but I have no idea how to play! I have gotten kicked by the computer AI in 4 games so far, but I am probably getting better...well maybe.