★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: DFC Games
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 36.0 MB
  • Version: 1.01
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 4.5 (2)
App description: Watch the gameplay videos at the official site: www.dfcgames.com
"Crash Course" is a fast-paced arcade space shooter, developed exclusively for iPhone and iPod Touch devices. It is similar to the classic "Asteroids" titles.

-----------------------------------------------

"Crash Course almost belongs on another console altogether, making it a small victory to get to play a game this beautiful and exciting game on the go." by Andrew Nesvadba / AppSpy.com -

"Thanks to James Cameron 3D is all the rage right now and it seems some app developers are jumping onto the bandwagon. 'Crash Course' is an Asteroids style game that implements 3D for those that want it." by Chris Thomas / AppGamer.net

"Crash Course : le shoot qui ramasse la mise" by iMike, Bebop / FunTouch.net - 9/10

"Crash Course is a very fun game, with lots of ways to play."
by Richy / AllTechRelated.com -

"A well-executed iPhone homage to an innovative twin-stick arcade shooter." by Ryan Hewson / GameZebo.com -

"The graphics in this game are immensely great. The planets are well rendered with amazing fog effects in the atmosphere and well rendered enemies to match. Even with all these graphical effects, the game plays extremely smoothly on my second generation iPod touch."
Jacques Burdet / TouchAholics.com -

FEATURES
- 5 action packed levels.
- Swarms of asteroids and hordes of deadly enemies.
- 3 fully upgradeable spectacular weapons.
- Stunning visual effects.
- Online high scores.
- Casual, Arcade and unlockable Hardcore modes.
- Customizable graphical details.
- 3D anaglyph glasses support. RED/CYAN, GREEN/MAGENTA (iPhone 3GS highly recommended).
- Full screen post-processing effects (iPhone 3GS highly recommended).

STORY
They came from deepest space. A massive armada of alien vessels hidden amongst a cluster of asteroids. Their targets: vulnerable human colonists situated on unprotected planets. You are the only ship in the area capable of destroying the alien armada and saving the humans. Are you up for the challenge?

mimiboss's comments:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

iTunes:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/crash-course/id365400714?mt=8#

They came from deepest space. A massive armada of alien vessels hidden amongst a cluster of asteroids. Their targets: vulnerable human colonists situated on unprotected planets. You are the only ship in the area capable of destroying the alien armada and saving the humans. Are you up for the challenge?

Crash Course is a fast-paced arcade space shooter, developed exclusively for iPhone and iPod Touch devices. It is similar to the classic Asteroids titles.

Features:
- 5 action packed levels.
- Swarms of asteroids and hordes of deadly enemies.
- 3 fully upgradeable spectacular weapons.
- Stunning visual effects.
- Online high scores.
- Arcade and unlockable Hardcore modes.
- Customizable graphical details.
- 3D anaglyph glasses support. RED/CYAN, GREEN/MAGENTA (iPhone 3GS highly recommended).
- Full screen post-processing effects (iPhone 3GS highly recommended).

Gameplay Videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyYUYkT1nrc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QXRIJH6Gx8

Youtube link | Pop Up

Coming Soon:
- Casual game mode
- Normal difficulty mode
- Animated control sticks
- Improved High Score system
- Updated 3D mode

04-03-2010, 07:00 PM

Youtube link | Pop Up

Youtube link | Pop Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.

04-03-2010, 07:34 PM
This game looks very good. I played just a couple of minutes but so far impressions are positive. It's a twin stick shooter that resembles meteor blitz. Controls are precise and smooth. I'll post some more as I get more play time with it.
04-03-2010, 07:47 PM
Thanks for update. Both movies were taken from Hardcore game mode - to unlock it, you have to finish all levels in Arcade Mode.
04-03-2010, 10:59 PM
So far I like it. It's not better than Meteor Blitz, but then again, that's very difficult thing to accomplish. The rotating planet is a gimmick, but a very cool one; there's plenty of action on the screen, it plays smooth on a 3Gs (though not quite as fluid as MB), and it's definitely challenging without being ridiculously hard. Definitely worth the money for me.
04-03-2010, 11:06 PM
It's a dual-stick shooter that looks a lot like Super Stardust HD, has Anaglyphic 3D functionality, and is on sale for $1.99?

Count me in
04-04-2010, 06:39 PM
First article

"iPhone Gets A 3D Game In 'Crash Course'"
by Chris Thomas on 4th Apr 2010

"Thanks to James Cameron 3D is all the rage right now and it seems some app developers are jumping onto the bandwagon. 'Crash Course' is an Asteroids style game that implements 3D for those that want it."

http://appgamer.net/news/2010/apr/4/...-crash-course/

Last edited by mimiboss; 04-05-2010 at 09:26 AM.
04-06-2010, 08:46 AM
Framerate

Thanks guys for all your feedbacks!

Quote:
Squarezero wrote:
"... it plays smooth on a 3Gs (though not quite as fluid as MB)"
iPhone 3Gs and iPod Touch 3rd gen. default settings were balanced to get stable 30fps - Ultra details. To get better framerate use High (45fps) or Medium (60fps) details.
04-07-2010, 07:45 AM
3D Gameplay Video:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by mimiboss; 04-09-2010 at 07:33 AM.