★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Bork3D Games
  • Genre: Sports
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 17.3 MB
  • Version: 1.3
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: "A quality game of golf... cracking 3D graphics and realistic physics... hard not to recommend." AppGamer.net

"I am struck by the amazing 3D graphics that you see in this app, but this is more than just a beautiful game... The interface is easy to navigate and the game play is a load of fun... If you love golf you would be missing out big-time if you didn't give Anytime Golf a try." iPhoneAppsFinder.com

"Great 3D graphics and excellent game play make this a very addictive app." iPhoneNess.com

"The holes are really well designed... The physics are superb... The graphics are among the best on the iPhone. A+" App Store reviewer

---

Great golf anytime, anywhere!

Stunning graphics: Enjoy highly detailed modeling displayed in smooth interactive 3D. You will agree--this is one of the best looking games on iPad!

Intuitive interface: Slide your finger down across the touch surface to perform your backswing, then flick up for the downswing. Your skill and grace controls the power and accuracy of your shot!

Tournament mode: Unlock new challenges by competing in 9 and 18 hole competitions. There are 6 challenges total!

Practice mode: Not up for a full 9 or 18? Hit the driving range and hone your game!

Anytime Golf: The most realistic golf experience for iPad!

bork3d's comments:
Hey everyone!

I just got my iPad and played Anytime Golf on it for the first time... Yes, the first time. It was really exciting seeing all this hard work finally pay off by being able to play the game on the device it was originally designed for.

I'm just bouncing off the walls over here I'm so excited. To celebrate, here's 5 FREE PROMO CODES. Just plug these into iTunes and you'll get a free copy of the game. Be sure to reply to this thread when you've claimed them so you don't waste other people's time.

XN9NWM3LK9R4
3P6NNM3HMTMF
JEEM66RHPANF
96PKNPH4ANEH
99RYE3PYKNJW

If they go too fast I'll post more.

My wife made a video of me playing the game for the very first time, I thought it was pretty funny:

04-03-2010, 06:35 PM
all been used already

04-04-2010, 02:16 PM
Wow, those went faster than I thought they would. 19 Minutes! You people are vultures! :-)

OK, here's 5 more. Remember to reply to the thread when you grab a code so you don't irritate others.

9476E6JTX3PJ
NYL333HNLKHR
HFALAHKY947M
4YFHTWWMY4AW
LYJTFH9TLWTY

I promise no promo codes after this... for a while. :-) I've only got a few more left and I'm holding on to them for reviewers and friends.

If you don't get a promo code keep in mind the game is only a buck.

Here's the App Store link again: http://itunes.apple.com/app/anytime-golf/id365676425?mt=8#

I'd appreciate some feedback on the game too. Lemme know what you think!
04-04-2010, 02:42 PM
Looks like all the codes are gone from the 2nd batch as well. Bummer.
04-04-2010, 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheClaff View Post
Looks like all the codes are gone from the 2nd batch as well. Bummer.
Wow, again. 26 minutes?! I guess that's good. I hope people are taking the codes because they want to play an iPad golf game and not just because it's a free game. I guess we'll never know...

Well the game's only $1... ;-)
04-04-2010, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bork3d View Post
Wow, again. 26 minutes?! I guess that's good. I hope people are taking the codes because they want to play an iPad golf game and not just because it's a free game. I guess we'll never know...

Well the game's only $1... ;-)
Game looks pretty nice. I like the video. Looks like you have included a lot of nice mechanics into the game. I have been a big fan of the TW consoles, and while I realize that this is not supposed to be a competitor to that, it still looks pretty damn good. Will pick this up today, and hopefully give feedback soon.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
04-04-2010, 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post
Game looks pretty nice. I like the video. Looks like you have included a lot of nice mechanics into the game. I have been a big fan of the TW consoles, and while I realize that this is not supposed to be a competitor to that, it still looks pretty damn good. Will pick this up today, and hopefully give feedback soon.
The gameplay of Anytime Golf was actually inspired by Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds, which I think is my all-time favorite golf game. I still go back and play it pretty often. Despite what it looks like I think that's actually one of the more serious golf games in the console golf genre. It's a highly analytical numbers and guesstimation game, which I really dig. When you figure out the numbers and hit the ball exactly how you intended, and watch it roll in, it's a great feeling.

The artist who worked on Anytime Golf with me did the Outlaw Golf series. But after working on Outlaw Golf for so many years he wanted to make a more serious-looking golf game, so the semi-realism of Anytime Golf is what we ended up with. (I actually wanted to make something that looked more like HSG... I'm glad we didn't because Let's Golf has got that look covered)! There's a few visual effects that are taken from HSG--this is my contribution to the visual style--but most of the other flare I added he made me strip out. :-)

As to TW, I never really got into any of recent TW games. I enjoyed the old ones on PC but the recent console versions are not my cup-of-tea. I played TW09 but dropped it after a couple of hours. I can barely remember TW08. The whole "manipulating the ball in the air" thing I'm just not into. I'm a geek.. I dig analyzing the lay of the ball, the slope of the terrain, the wind, etc. So you won't find much inspired by TW in Anytime Golf.

Anyways, if there's a point to any of this: In my opinion, TW and Let's Golf are arcade-style golf games. Anytime Golf is meant to be a more serious "simulation" style golf game. Whether or not it succeeds at that, I leave it up to you. So it's not meant to be a competitor to TW. I'm not even trying :-)

Cheers
04-07-2010, 02:02 PM
Now FREE.
04-07-2010, 02:15 PM
I don't suppose this game has real courses/competitions/players?

The gameplay looks about the best of any golf game I've ever seen.

Playing: We Rule, Plants vs. Zombies, AquaForest, Broken Sword
Plus+: Ciaran88

MacMystic - Forecasts, predictions and suggestions for Apple Inc
07-27-2010, 07:04 AM
not free now. thread title fail.