★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: iFan touch release and promo codes

04-03-2010, 06:20 PM
iFan touch release and promo codes

Hi guys,

While all the chaos of the iPad is going on I thought you might like to have something fun for the iPhone / Touch to play about on for your own amusement :-)

Sooo, I thought...what could be fun, ooh I know, what about throwing a load of stuff at an industrial fan and seeing what happens? Bet that would be a laugh :-) and indeed it was, the many hours of fun I had recording things being thrown at fans and seeing the ensuing mayhem was most entertaining indeed!

So, the end result is a nice game app for you where you have a nice selection of implements to abuse the fan with and see what happens. You could chuck a fish into it for example...or...your hand...FUN! :-)

I will endeavor to continually update this game with new implements regularly so you always have something retarded to throw at it for your personal amusement as well as more equipment to break in interesting ways.

On a side note, I coded it resolution independent and used ultra high quality images so it looks sweet on EVERY device (iPhone, iPad, Touch etc) and the physics is correct as well so have fun eh :-)

I have posted the blurb for it below, I will post some screen shots for it soon (am a tad tired at the moment, not really slept much for the last 5 days, too much work )

If you are in the USA and fancy a promo code to mess about on, please PM me on here and I will happily whiz one over to you (for the first 20) that will leave me enough codes to do a bit of marketing or something I guess )

Have a fantastic Easter guys and gals!

Kind Regards,

Rancid Squirrel.

P.S. On a side note, I intent to add a LOT of insanity to the game so if any of you have anything you would like to see thrown at a fan in spectacular style, I am perfectly happy to add it if I can both afford it and film it :-)

There will also be more gore, and more variety in about a week after I get some rest and do the next update for you guys :-) Soooo, if you have something completely retarded to throw at a fan, I might be able to get it into the update by next week but I would need the suggestion over the next day or two otherwise it would be in the next next update so to speak :P

Blurb below :-)

Fancy a bit of boardroom destruction? Ever wanted to see what happens when you "accidentally" feed the office fan? Well now you can find out with this FAN-tastic application that will blow your mind.

Features

- Five fun implements to wreak havoc with in the fan
- Multiple fan speeds for optimum carnage
- Realistic physics
- Dynamic interaction
- Awesome sound effects
- Super high quality images

Coming soon in the 1.1 update

More gore and more implements to destroy in interesting ways to further extend your pleasure whiling away the hours of boredom in meetings.

App store link: iFan touch

Currently playing:
Trace It, Earth vs Moon, The Settlers

Last edited by zaqualieff; 04-07-2010 at 06:08 AM. Reason: Adding link
04-03-2010, 06:50 PM
5 codes down 15 left... :-)

Currently playing:

04-03-2010, 07:51 PM
10 down, 10 left :-)

Currently playing:
04-03-2010, 08:18 PM
Hm, how do I link my game into this post with the same level of coolness as others seem to be? (i.e. mimics the app store with stars, screenshots etc)

Looks nice the other way :-) mine is a bit haphazard :P

Going to get some sleep now btw, I'll send the rest of the codes to the first 10 I get in my in box when I wake up, If I get more...I'll probably give a few more a code just so you get a play eh no one should be deprived of throwing things at a fan imo :P

Currently playing:

Last edited by zaqualieff; 04-03-2010 at 08:20 PM.
04-03-2010, 08:35 PM
Would love to see a link embedded - sounds fun!!!

Last edited by DieseliPhone; 04-03-2010 at 08:37 PM.
04-03-2010, 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaqualieff View Post
Hm, how do I link my game into this post with the same level of coolness as others seem to be? (i.e. mimics the app store with stars, screenshots etc)
I'm sure the moderator could help . . .
04-03-2010, 08:58 PM
This is a great game for anyone wishing to try it out with an even greater dev that really cares about the future of the game! My favorite is mashing up carrots into the fan at full speed, its kind of like having my own blender without the mess!
04-03-2010, 10:02 PM
This is pretty fun. Few suggestion 1) I think the pieces need to be a little bit bigger. Diffrent types of fans and backgrounds. Other than that, I like it
04-04-2010, 04:08 AM
Back with the living again :-)

Okay, so got some good suggestions from you guys so far via PM, awesome stuff!

You can look forward to some of the following implements in the next update me thinks :P

- Pink poodle to throw into it,
- Chicken,
- Clothes,
- Tree branches,
- Octopus,
- Act of god button that creates a random act of god, for example lightening could strike the fan and superheat it causing the blades to ignite then anything you throw at it can get set on fire and all sorts of mayhem can ensue. With this option I might need some outlandish suggestions for silly effectds we could add to it :P

- Hmm... parachuting hampster that floats down and gets it's chute caught in the fan blades...clearly has to be in the game :P

Also I will add thigns like damage to the fan when you abuse it too much, give it more character and make it feel well used :-)

Another animation layer so we can lay on some nice gore, for example you might want an eyeball to fly into the screen, stick to it and slide down the window with a nice squeeky finger across glass kind of sound (if that makes any sense)

As I say, if the sugegstion is suitbly silly,it will probably go in, so keep them coming. I designed the framework so we could easily add anything you guys want to it, it's pretty dynamic so keep them coming and theres a good change YOUR weapon of choice will be in there. I will keep updating it so you always have something silly to throw at a fan :P

Currently playing: