★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: PosiMotion
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 14.5 MB
  • Version: 2.5
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: The #1 Backgammon game on the App Store is now available for the iPad in HD!

ATTENTION: Update with skins and rotation now available!

Classic Backgammon Game for the iPhone, iPod Touch and new to the iPad.

Use your iPad as a backgammon table!

Compete against your friends or the computer to get the best score!

Features a challenging A.I. with 3 levels of difficulty, one-tap checker movement, highlight possible target positions, undo movements, doubling cube, resign game or match, auto-save game on exit.

Easy checker movement: the tap area of the column is dynamically changed depending on the state of the neighboring positions, making it much easier to select checker or target position.

Advanced settings allow you to customize the game to your playing style.

Developed by Adikus.com

www.posimotion.com

PosiMotion's comments:
PosiMotion has released a version of our Backgammon app for the iPad! It includes improved computer AI and updated graphics, and is on sale for $1.99 for the first week. Check it out!

Backgammon HD+: $1.99, App Store

04-03-2010, 06:52 PM
First Review In iTunes .... Horrible

The first review is pretty bad and I have to admit that from the screens shots the graphics do look pretty poor .... I was really looking forward to an iPad Backgammon game but I may have to wait.

Bittlebox or Marlene DeGrood (non zombie killer)
Need more positive energy in your life?
http://www.bittleboxart.etsy.com
Follow me (bittlebox) on twitter.

04-03-2010, 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlenedegrood View Post
The first review is pretty bad and I have to admit that from the screens shots the graphics do look pretty poor .... I was really looking forward to an iPad Backgammon game but I may have to wait.
Agreed. I've been wanting to buy a Backgammon game (for iPhone or for my impending iPad) but I haven't found one yet in the app store that has decent reviews.
What's so hard about making a nice Backgammon game??
04-03-2010, 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gekkota View Post
Agreed. I've been wanting to buy a Backgammon game (for iPhone or for my impending iPad) but I haven't found one yet in the app store that has decent reviews.
Don't know why our Backgammon players have been so neglected but if you ever find a good Backgammon iPad ... iPhone app ... please PM me.

Bittlebox or Marlene DeGrood (non zombie killer)
Need more positive energy in your life?
http://www.bittleboxart.etsy.com
Follow me (bittlebox) on twitter.
04-05-2010, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gekkota View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlenedegrood View Post
Don't know why our Backgammon players have been so neglected but if you ever find a good Backgammon iPad ... iPhone app ... please PM me.
It is hugely frustrating for a backgammon app developer to read statements like this. There are a number of very good backgammon apps out there for the iPhone, one of which is ours, Backgammon NJ, which plays on the level of GNU Backgammon at expert level. (If you haven't heard of it, GNU Backgammon is a free, open source, backgammon program for desktop computers that plays at world-class levels.)

Other good iPhone backgammon apps that we're not associated with are iGammon (developed by a respected member of the backgammon community) and Pocket Backgammon (an iPhone port of GNU Backgammon).

Any reviews for the 3 above apps that say they cheat are false or fake. In Backgammon NJ, we've included irrefutable proof that people can use to prove to themselves that the app is honest. We've found that people either ignore this proof or don't have the technical capacity to understand it completely. So they continue to post false reviews saying our app cheats.

Other backgammon apps (other than the 3 mentioned) have AIs that are a lot weaker and thus play a lot worse. It's very hard to believe that people still think these weaker AIs cheat, but it still happens and can be seen in the reviews.

We can't speak for Posimotion's AI, since we haven't tried it, but we've tried all the other backgammon apps that have lite versions or are free.

You can't always believe the reviews you read on the app store, especially for backgammon apps. If you do, you'll end up missing out on very good apps.

Backgammon NJ | TV Grid Listings - XMLTV Viewer | Spellbound NJ
http://iphone.njsoftware.com
09-08-2011, 04:17 PM
Not sure, haven't tried that one. I'm playing Masters of Backgammon. Anyone wanna play online?

09-09-2011, 01:37 AM
Good info THX!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Software View Post
It is hugely frustrating for a backgammon app developer to read statements like this. There are a number of very good backgammon apps out there for the iPhone, one of which is ours, Backgammon NJ, which plays on the level of GNU Backgammon at expert level. (If you haven't heard of it, GNU Backgammon is a free, open source, backgammon program for desktop computers that plays at world-class levels.)

Other good iPhone backgammon apps that we're not associated with are iGammon (developed by a respected member of the backgammon community) and Pocket Backgammon (an iPhone port of GNU Backgammon).

Any reviews for the 3 above apps that say they cheat are false or fake. In Backgammon NJ, we've included irrefutable proof that people can use to prove to themselves that the app is honest. We've found that people either ignore this proof or don't have the technical capacity to understand it completely. So they continue to post false reviews saying our app cheats.

Other backgammon apps (other than the 3 mentioned) have AIs that are a lot weaker and thus play a lot worse. It's very hard to believe that people still think these weaker AIs cheat, but it still happens and can be seen in the reviews.

We can't speak for Posimotion's AI, since we haven't tried it, but we've tried all the other backgammon apps that have lite versions or are free.

You can't always believe the reviews you read on the app store, especially for backgammon apps. If you do, you'll end up missing out on very good apps.
It's good to hear a developer that knows what they are talking about, talk about what they know. I read your post, got your app and like it very much. You have to remember the generally low level of discourse on the App Store reviews doesn't reflect what users think at large. It's like deciding how truck drivers drive based on complaint calls from angry motorists. The TouchArcade forums are, of course, much better.
09-09-2011, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Software View Post

These apps have been discussed in detail on the major online backgammon forum sites and they confirm NJ's comments.

jdg
10-15-2011, 06:34 PM
Quote:
Not sure, haven't tried that one. I'm playing Masters of Backgammon. Anyone wanna play online?
I actually have tried that one and recommend it. The online play is there which is a big bonus compared to other backgammon apps. It is also well done in the graphics department and supports several styles. Language could be a bit better, but all in all it's a good choice.
10-23-2011, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeetTheMensons View Post
I actually have tried that one and recommend it. The online play is there which is a big bonus compared to other backgammon apps. It is also well done in the graphics department and supports several styles. Language could be a bit better, but all in all it's a good choice.
They have updated recently. Improved text quite a bit, too.