★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Long Apps
  • Genre: Adventure
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 15.6 MB
  • Version: 2.2
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Farmageddon 2.0 is now available! Enjoy enhanced graphics, high-res retina display support, new gameplay, and more!

Enjoy killing animals? Farmageddon is an OpenFeint-enabled game where animals have gone insane. You must destroy them with lightning as they are thrown at you! Enjoy bloody graphics and intense battles.

Chickens, ducks, sheeps, pigs, and cows are all part of the fight. Chickens and ducks explode into feathers when hit; pigs and cows explode into pieces!

Be sure not to kill humans, or you will lose quickly! Also watch out for radioactive nukes disguises as green animals which will kill everything instantly!

Try to get the highest score by staying alive the longest and killing the most animals!

Be sure to visit http://farmageddongame.com/ for a video preview.

"This is really fun and pretty challenging. Playing it on an iPad is working great too - it's extremely gratifying to strum your finger across the screen and take down a front of ducks" - snowyote

"I'm really enjoying it, pretty addicting." - petabread9

jlongster's comments:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Farmageddon has hit the App Store! In response to the poll in my "upcoming" thread, there is a special event which features cows, and only cows! (http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=49500)

04-03-2010, 06:26 PM
I'm sorry to hijack this thread, but, come on developers, what happened to the days of naming games after actual things? Take "Space Ore Miner: Space Ore Bust." Obviously it has something to do with mining space ore.

What's with all these "clever" names? Farmageddon is only one out of hundreds...

I'm setting up a protest; I refuse to play any game that has a name like Farmageddon. If you want me to play your game, name it something sensible, like "farm animal slaugther" or something.

EDIT: I know that it would be hard to come up for a name like this that isn't so lame, but...maybe that says something? (Caveat: the trailer actually looks morbidly funny).

Now Playing: , Civilization Rev for iPad, Hero Academy, Sonic Racing, Kingdom Rush, Dungeon Raid, Where's my Where's My Water updates?

Last edited by writingsama; 04-03-2010 at 06:28 PM.
04-03-2010, 06:51 PM
Farmageddon isn't actually a bad name. It's just that it's attached to a relatively dull skeet shoot-type target game where the developer seems to have spent every ounce of his energy on the game objects and lightning strikes and nothing on the menus, or backgrounds, or general little notions that make games cool.

If it had been, say, a twin stick shooter where you're in control of a machine-gun-wielding duck on a murderous rampage, or a farmer defending himself from all of his farm animals suddenly turning on him, it would be a more fitting name. Attached to this game though it looks like he's trying too hard to seem clever but delivering only a mediocre game.

(To his credit the 3D models and movement is nice and smooth, anyway...)

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
04-03-2010, 10:12 PM
Thanks mindfield. I agree that I stretched the branding as far as it would go. It was just fun to develop the branding. Also remember that I can develop this into something much more involved. But, this was the first game I have ever developed, so I am still learning a lot about what makes games really fun!

I'm glad it looks smooth. Give the real game if you haven't already!
04-04-2010, 08:45 AM
Well, congrats on your first game -- it's an admirable first effort. But I think you may realize as you progress that branding is like first-impressions: If you make a bad one, or a mediocre, forgettable one, you've generally tarnished the brand and it may not be worth using on a sequel because the name will take all of the impressions from the previous game with it regardless of what the sequel is like.

Now, this doesn't look like a bad game, certainly, but it is rather mediocre and forgettable; it falls into a genre of game that have been done to death, its presentation is lackluster (though what little is there in the gameplay department is at least smooth), and it doesn't really offer anything that other games in the same vein don't. Its name attracts attention because it's a moderately clever pun, but that degree of interest just doesn't really translate to the game.

But that's not something you can be expected to know for your first game. Time and experience will teach you all that. Just keep in mind that the more attention you give to the game -- on all levels -- the better it's going to be. Making one aspect good while leaving others to the basics and maybe doing them later tarnishes people's first impressions. It takes more time and effort but if you can polish the whole thing before release you'll get a much better reception right form the get go, and on the App Store, that's vital.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko