★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: 6 years on, AirCoaster is still the only realistic 3D roller coaster simulator for the iPhone and iPad. If you love roller coasters and thrill rides, this is the app for you!

In AirCoaster 2, we rebuilt the track editor from scratch to take advantage of the modern 3D engine we first introduced in the 1.6 update, as well as many of the features you have come to expect in a modern iOS app.

Create your own roller coaster tracks with our powerful yet easy to use multitouch 3D track editor. Nudge and tweak each track segment to create the perfect ride. Lay down as many tracks and trains as you want. Set up dueling roller coasters, custom scenery and more.

Don't want to create your own tracks? Go to the Explore tab and discover tracks created by our community of track builders. You will be amazed at what is possible with just our track editor and a healthy dose of creativity.

The New York Times GadgetWise blog calls AirCoaster "particularly fun to play with."

Engadget.com says AirCoaster is "filled with fun ways to interact with the iPad." Take your own roller coasters for "a dizzying first-person ride."

AirCoaster has also been featured on touchArcade.com, iLounge, the San Francisco Examiner, 148apps.com and more!

ziconic's comments:
Got my iPad today and ran AirCoaster XL on it for the first time. It's aaaawesome. After weeks of coding using an iPad simulator, it's a relief to see that it truly works well on the actual device.

With the iPad I was finally able to create a multitouch roller coaster track editor that is truly usable. Trying to create a roller coaster on a tiny iPhone screen never really felt right.

In AirCoaster XL you can navigate around your track using 1 finger to rotate, 2 to zoom and 3 to pan. Tweak and adjust any segment in the track by tapping on the segment to select it and then dragging the manipulator tools (the colored 3D arrows) to get it to look the way you want.

Check out the screenshots. Gotta love the 1024x768 screen resolution.

08-12-2015, 07:14 AM
Very fun game. Very nice community, if you're a coaster fan, get it. -VanHalenFan (VHF)
08-12-2015, 07:25 AM
I have been looking for something like this. Do you have any videos that you could post?
08-12-2015, 07:29 AM
Whoa blast to the past. Is this a new release or what's going on here?
03-19-2016, 09:21 PM
Found this fan video on YouTube, which I thought was pretty good. Probably made using the "Replay" recording feature in the app.

Youtube link | Pop Up

FYI we are actually going to release a very significant update to this app in a week or so (depending on how quickly we get through app review).