★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Skate it! or Tony Hawk?

04-04-2010, 05:17 AM
Skate it! or Tony Hawk?

Hey!

I'm wondering which i should get, when they're both out.

Any Positives/negatives?

Thanks.
04-04-2010, 05:57 AM
You should wait until Skate it is out first before you can compare.

hi

04-04-2010, 06:00 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to iFanzine
Good advice there

The latest iPhone & iPad games. Reviewed. iFanzine.com
"Awesome!"-StudioUFO "Very well written"-Foursaken Media "Cool, Love it!"-Bulkypix
04-04-2010, 06:02 AM
I don't have THPS2, but I've heard that the gameplay is very good and the controls are responsive. The graphics aren't that great though, as it is an early PS game.

hi
04-04-2010, 06:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random_Guy View Post
I don't have THPS2, but I've heard that the gameplay is very good and the controls are responsive. The graphics aren't that great though, as it is an early PS game.
The graphics are actually really good when you consider what platform it's on. It actually looks like the graphics from the PC version of the game. They're much crisper than the PS1 version, in my eyes, but maybe that's just the smaller screen talking.

And just a heads-up, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 was not an early PS1 game at all. It actually came out near the end of the PS1's lifetime.. well, really late into the PS1's life, at least.
04-04-2010, 10:49 AM
Thps2 uses an easier to learn system. Skake It is a barely scaled up ds adaption. It uses a bunch of confusing swipes.
04-04-2010, 10:52 AM
THPS2 was probably one of the greatest games of its time and it's still great today. I played Skate It on DS, and it kinda sucked, so I suggest THPS2.

Openfeint ID/Plus+/AC2 MP: Bahgett
Gamecenter: Hamburger Time
04-04-2010, 11:42 AM
Thanks!

I'll wait and see if they make THPS2 HD, that would be awesome!

Frej Lorenzen
04-04-2010, 12:07 PM
Send a message via MSN to K7A7O7S Send a message via Yahoo to K7A7O7S
THPS2 is an older game, that is simple and fun I suppose. In my opinion Skate it is a better idea, and has a full city to skate, where THPS2 only has certain parks to skate. Skate it has the option to make a skater and your own park...

I am waiting for Skate it, as I already played and destroyed THPS2 about ten years ago. I think people are scared to try Skate it because they have to learn a new control scheme, thats all...

Plus+ ID: HeadShotBot
Open Feint ID: OneArmBearKilla
Gameloft Live ID: HeadShotBot
04-04-2010, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K7A7O7S View Post
THPS2 is an older game, that is simple and fun I suppose. In my opinion Skate it is a better idea, and has a full city to skate, where THPS2 only has certain parks to skate. Skate it has the option to make a skater and your own park...

I am waiting for Skate it, as I already played and destroyed THPS2 about ten years ago. I think people are scared to try Skate it because they have to learn a new control scheme, thats all...
they might not even have half of those features for the iphone version so i suggest you get THPS2. Its the best skate game right now and i think it'll keep its place even after skate it comes out. The controls works great and the game runs smoothly. Have to the poster i quoted, have you actually tried THPS2 on the iphone?