★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Fleck now 99 cents...

02-12-2009, 05:34 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
Fleck now 99 cents...

Anyone try it? Is it worth?

<edit>
Just found this video...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cLlqaz6gUI

Nevermind.
</edit>

↪ GameCenter : Igoo

Last edited by Igoo; 02-12-2009 at 05:52 AM.
02-12-2009, 08:40 AM
Paraphrased from review:

"Don't let this review fool you, this game is funner than it looks"

lol

What's funnier is that it does NOT look fun -at all-.
02-12-2009, 08:59 AM
It has excellent production values. The instructions are minimal at best. Basically, drops move down one square whenever you move, mushrooms move one space to the left. If you end on a space with either, you have to restart the level. Special items can be landed on and these look similar to the others, but with a palette shift (blue drops and brown shrooms). These move in the same way as the poisonous varieties.

Here's my concern: a game of this type should always have a solution.
I can't tell if this does or not. The magic items that drop are random, so in my mind it should be possible to finish a level without them but I have yet to do so. I continually find myself in positions, even on the opening levels where I have no safe moves. Now, understand that I'm not good at "looking ahead" to visualize what the map will look like on the following turn and this is doubly hard when you have to consider two types of movement.

If it IS possible to finish each level without the magic items (and it may very well be), then my chief criticism is that the learning curve is too steep. I've made it through the first 3 maps, but it has been more trial and error than carefully thought out strategy, at least in my case. Still, it is a very pretty game, and certainly seems to be worth a buck if you like this sort of challenge.
02-12-2009, 09:05 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
I agree with GatorDeb. I was considering until I saw the video. This game just does not look like fun... and I tend to like puzzle games in general. Even for 99 cents... it's not worth one of the super-valuable slots on my rapidly filling 9 pages.

↪ GameCenter : Igoo