★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Multiplayer games

07-19-2008, 02:50 PM
Multiplayer games

Here's a suggestion... Could the folks at Touch Arcade produce a listing of two-player games? I added a bunch of games to my iPhone but I think I only have one two-player game. Might be fun, when showing off the new games, to be able to challenge a friend to something.

BTW, I really like this website! Thanks for all the software reviews!
07-19-2008, 05:13 PM
would love to do it. If anyone knows of any multiplayer games, post them here. we'll try to take a look at them all

We do have a Wi-Fi Multiplayer category, but only the Vector Pong is in it.

http://toucharcade.com/category/game...i-multiplayer/

arn

07-19-2008, 05:36 PM
EA's Scrabble game is supposed to be getting an upgrade to allow wireless multiplayer... but until then we have Pass n Play

Tap Tap Revenge is simultaneous 2 player on the same device (a huge pain with the curved 3g backing)

Aurora Feint has a party system for you and 3 other players, however that and a few other features aren't working in the 1.0 release. They have already submitted an update but apple has yet to officially release it.

Speaking of Apple...

Texas Hold'em has wi-fi multiplayer support for 9 (!!!!!!) players. Allowing you to fill every spot on the table for your own tourny. Everyone must be on the same wifi network though

Hope this helps!

Last edited by VeganTnT; 07-19-2008 at 05:53 PM. Reason: update to info for Tap Tap Revenge on 3g iphone
07-19-2008, 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VegantTnT View Post
EA's Scrabble game is supposed to be getting an upgrade to allow wireless multiplayer...
Is that going to be real online or Apple's version of online (over wifi, and only on the same wifi. Dam Apple *shakes fist*... lol)?

Great info BTW!

P-79
07-19-2008, 10:14 PM
no clue whatsoever. EA announced it at E3 but they said either "wireless" or "wifi" depending on what site I checked. The majority said wifi so I put that.

I'm hoping for real wifi, username and all so I can play against friends across country.

If we're all sitting around in the same house we are probably having a LAN party so that kind of wireless play is useless, haha
07-20-2008, 05:11 AM
Fingertip Sports Air Hockey

Fingertip Sports Air Hockey is multiplayer air hockey on the same screen for iPhone and iPod Touch.
07-20-2008, 01:53 PM
Versus Chess

Versus Chess is multiplayer only. It requires a live internet connection (Wifi, EDGE or 3G).

Last edited by iangordon; 07-20-2008 at 02:11 PM. Reason: typo
07-24-2008, 04:22 AM
Don't know if this would apply to Touch as well (I only have an iPhone - don't have a Touch to test if has VPN capabilities) but couldn't a wifi only multiplayer game (that doesn't support 3G or Edge) be workable if someone setup a central VPN accessible network where friends could access and play together "locally"?

Sanity Limits Your Options
05-04-2009, 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jc4x4 View Post
OF COURSE LOL!
Can you honestly gtfo? You're annoying and you add nothing to every thread you post in and you seem to be blatantly bumping 10 month old threads. Get a damn life and gtfo.

GameCenter/OpenFeint/Plus+/Agon/Gameloft Live/Xbox LIVE/PSN ID: VoodooVyper
05-04-2009, 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooVyper View Post
Can you honestly gtfo? You're annoying and you add nothing to every thread you post in and you seem to be blatantly bumping 10 month old threads. Get a damn life and gtfo.
Something about this new member seems strangely Lovelyman.

/l、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ