★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Magnetic Joe - potentially good game (FREE)

02-12-2009, 12:08 PM
Magnetic Joe - potentially good game (FREE)

iTunes App-Store link

www.AppShopper.com link

Haven't tried it myself yet, but it's for free, so I'll be sure to try it out later on tonight...

Quote:
Magnetic Joe is an arcade game with a revolutionarily simple control method. Your goal is to guide Joe, the little magnetic ball, to the exit of the levels by tapping the touch screen at the right moment. Sounds easy, doesn't it? You would not believe what wide range of possibilities and how much fun lies in this simple action.

Magnetic Joe is not a demo, it is a full version game that you can now get for free. For free, because we would like to introduce this fabulous title to the proud iPhone owners and then soon bring you the second and the third part as well.

We could write pages about why Magnetic Joe is innovative, why it is addictive, why it is a "lifestyle" but instead of doing so, we suggest you download the game and check it out yourself. After all it is free…

Magnetic Joe offers you 40 challenging and fun levels, which will soon be followed by additional ones in the form of updates to the game. Completing these 40 levels does not mean game over though either, as you can always try to improve your best time. On top of that, hardcore Joe players can try to beat the developers' best times as well!

Well, gentlemen - start your magnets!

Features:
- Innovative Gameplay;
- Easy, one-touch control system;
- Highscore system;
- 3 varied graphics environments;
- 40 levels to complete;
- Additional levels will follow soon;

• Artwork, animation & UI-design for Beyond YnthParachute PanicChicken Raid
• Multiple icon-sets design for Thingy Blox

Last edited by BrettArchibald; 02-12-2009 at 12:12 PM.
02-12-2009, 12:12 PM
Requires the 2.2.1 firmware update to run!

02-12-2009, 12:22 PM
I just played the first 17 levels and can confirm that fun was had.
Very simple control scheme: when you touch the screen, any magnetic pads within range will effect the movement of the ball in the direction indicated by their arrows. Navigate the ball to the finish. That's it, but it's pretty fun.

Very nice for a freebie.
02-12-2009, 12:26 PM
Cool. I've got 2.2.1 so I'll give it a try and report back. Looks like a good quality game for free!

Favorites: Siralim | Cavern | Dungeonism | Avadon | Solomon's Keep | Endless Depths | Tallowmere
Now Playing: Dungeons of Chaos UNITY EDITION | Siralim 2
02-12-2009, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanM View Post
Requires the 2.2.1 firmware update to run!
That sucks. I've been avoiding that update so it doesn't screw up my phone like it did so many people.

This looks like a good game though. I can always revert back to 2.2, I guess.
02-12-2009, 01:01 PM
Amazing

I love this game it's freaking perfect. It's pretty challenging and it has a develepor time that makes u keep wonting to beat it. I've played for almost a hour and still haven't beat it so it's pretty long
02-12-2009, 01:08 PM
If i was on 2.2.1 i wuld try it...
Can someone tell me if, when you update, it saves all your apps, music,...
(I mean: After the restore, are the apps and the music still on the iPod?)
I am on 2.2 (If that helps)

Last edited by Der-Kleine; 02-12-2009 at 01:10 PM.
02-12-2009, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Der-Kleine View Post
If i was on 2.2.1 i wuld try it...
Can someone tell me if, when you update, it saves all your apps, music,...
(I mean: After the restore, are the apps and the music still on the iPod?)
I am on 2.2 (If that helps)
Yeah, all your stuff stays on it
02-12-2009, 02:17 PM
Send a message via ICQ to applesauce25r624 Send a message via AIM to applesauce25r624 Send a message via MSN to applesauce25r624 Send a message via Yahoo to applesauce25r624 Send a message via Skype™ to applesauce25r624
haven't played it yet but the concept reminds me of toy bot diaries, especially since they say that there's going to be a 2nd and 3rd installation

i can't wait to bust this out

.(>^_^).> <3 <3 <3 ! ! !
02-12-2009, 02:24 PM
Sounds good--I'm downloading now. I'm a sucker for new (and simple) interaction styles.

(Why does the App Store show only 3 stars, when the text below says "4+ stars" and all 3 reviews are 5 stars?)

Morgan Adams (GameCenter: “Adams Immersive”)
My upcoming first game: Scree (Forum thread)
My upcoming VR horror experience: This is Not the Church of the Worm (Forum thread)
Stop making lists. Organize with shapes and colors instead: DotSpace (Forum thread)