★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Featured in The Sunday Times Top 500 App list!

***Get your hands on the only hockey game available specifically for IPHONE 4 and 4th GEN IPOD TOUCH to kick start the season in style!***

Hockey Nations 2010, the first full arcade simulation of the sport is here. Featuring 14 of the toughest national teams from around the World, Hockey Nations 2010 is an action-packed game with stunning visuals guaranteed not to leave anyone cold. Get your skates on and start scoring!

GAME MODES
Go for Gold
World League
Exhibition
Shoot-out
Practice

You control the action with the virtual direction pad that offers full 360 degree control as well as the 3 action buttons on the right-hand side of the screen.

Youre also in control of the settings for each game. The options allow you to have icing and offside rules either on or off. Additionally, for each game you decide the length of the game and the difficulty level.

FEATURES
Motion Captured Animations
Detailed 3D Graphics
Simple Controls
Go for Gold
World League
Shoot-out
13 Achievements to Collect
Overtime
Penalties
Line changes

For more news on hockey and the game, come and talk to us:
Twitter.com/HockeyNations
Facebook: facebook.com/hockeynations

----------------------------------------

WANT TO HEAR FIRST ABOUT NEW GAMES, EXCLUSIVE PROMOTIONS AND WIN STUFF?

FOLLOW US: twitter.com/distinctivegame

FIND US: facebook.com/distinctivegames

Promotions running weekly so come and join the fun!

CHECK OUT OUR EXCITING GAMES AVAILABLE NOW:

Bonecruncher Soccer, Dead Runner, Rugby Nations 2010, Heli Rescue and Pool Ninja.

Free versions available: Dead Runner FREE, Bonecruncher Soccer Lite and Hockey Nations 2010 ShootOut

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

04-05-2010, 10:12 AM
Hi all,

Dev here!

Download is 34.2MB and I'd say the game is great, buy it now

Developer of My Army, Football Kicks, Hockey Nations 2011 Pro, Rugby Nations 2011 and Dead Runner
Follow us on twitter for more news http://twitter.com/distinctivegame
http://www.distinctivegames.com

04-05-2010, 10:45 AM
Come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn Canadian App store!!!

Dev/Nigel - any idea when we might be receiving our promo codes if we received an email from you?
04-05-2010, 11:17 AM
Game Impressions

Been playing this since this morning (i got a promo code) and i am loving it! Though i have only played two full Exhibition games, i can get a sense of how the game handles.

The controls work out well, but i often found that passing won't work if you are moving with the puck, meaning it won't pass the puck to one of your players, but it acts more of a low power wrist shot. This is just a small gripe, but its alright.

Even on easy difficulty, i found that the opposing team skaters can always get to you. Stealing the puck and Body checks don't really do much when trying to get the puck, and switching players is easy enough. The main problem i found was that the puck would hit on my players' skates and then the puck would go off somewhere; it seems almost too realistic! (Haha!)

The faceoff idea in this game is...new. New, to say the least. It shows two sticks, the puck pops up, and you tap it to win the faceoff. The position of the puck changes, so it won't always be the same. I often win faceoffs mainly because it is so simple and easy. It could be changed, but maybe its just me wanting a Stinger Table Hockey faceoff. I personally do not care for it.

I have yet to try out all the other modes, but i WILL edit this post to tell you guys all about them.

So far, its a great game, but little things could be changed. Again, half of my gripes with the game are just my personal dislikes. Maybe you guys will not find any problems. Its your opinion, am i right?

RJ

A quick post that i chuckled a bit at in the Lounge.
Thread: "Tell me about something you like."
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyMuffin View Post
I like coming home to a freezer full of freezepops.
oh, and freezepops.
04-05-2010, 11:29 AM
wow looks like the old sega genesis hockey fromthe 90s....so tempting...can anyone confirm that's what the in game exp is like?
04-05-2010, 12:07 PM
This looks impressive, wish the developers great success.
04-05-2010, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmas View Post
Come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn Canadian App store!!!

Dev/Nigel - any idea when we might be receiving our promo codes if we received an email from you?
He said whenever recieves them.

First impressions please

Add me on Game Center - EIIIOT
Massive Outwitters and Jetpack Joyride fan
04-05-2010, 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSeldomSeenKid View Post
He said whenever recieves them.

First impressions please
I just posted some:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ View Post
Been playing this since this morning (i got a promo code) and i am loving it! Though i have only played two full Exhibition games, i can get a sense of how the game handles.

The controls work out well, but i often found that passing won't work if you are moving with the puck, meaning it won't pass the puck to one of your players, but it acts more of a low power wrist shot. This is just a small gripe, but its alright.

Even on easy difficulty, i found that the opposing team skaters can always get to you. Stealing the puck and Body checks don't really do much when trying to get the puck, and switching players is easy enough. The main problem i found was that the puck would hit on my players' skates and then the puck would go off somewhere; it seems almost too realistic! (Haha!)

The faceoff idea in this game is...new. New, to say the least. It shows two sticks, the puck pops up, and you tap it to win the faceoff. The position of the puck changes, so it won't always be the same. I often win faceoffs mainly because it is so simple and easy. It could be changed, but maybe its just me wanting a Stinger Table Hockey faceoff. I personally do not care for it.

I have yet to try out all the other modes, but i WILL edit this post to tell you guys all about them.

So far, its a great game, but little things could be changed. Again, half of my gripes with the game are just my personal dislikes. Maybe you guys will not find any problems. Its your opinion, am i right?

RJ

A quick post that i chuckled a bit at in the Lounge.
Thread: "Tell me about something you like."
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyMuffin View Post
I like coming home to a freezer full of freezepops.
oh, and freezepops.
04-05-2010, 01:07 PM
Yeah, just read it. I posted that before your impressions showed up

Add me on Game Center - EIIIOT
Massive Outwitters and Jetpack Joyride fan
04-05-2010, 01:42 PM
Game Impressions

Like RJ, I received a promo code so I've spent a little time playing it, and while the mechanics are pretty good, there are some things that need work.

-Passing. Sometimes, despite facing the player you want to pass it to, your player will pass the puck in another direction.

-Player control. When you lost the puck, you sometimes don't switch to the most logical player.

-All of those pale to this one. The goalie AI is not good. The goalies, and it feels like mostly mine, give up way too many goals. And it seems that the problem area are shots that are aimed low. The CPU got some real soft goals against my goalie, all because the shots were aimed low, and the goalie just fans on it. Very frustrating when you force a weak shot from the outside, only to see your goalie wave at it.

The visuals are top notch, and I like all the different modes. There's a lot of promise to this game, and I'll keep trying(maybe the soft goalie had something to do with playing on easy, I don't know), but without tweaking the Goalie AI, it will be hard to play for long.