★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Tiger Woods, NFS - Not until Fall 2009?

02-12-2009, 03:51 PM
Send a message via AIM to amn624 Send a message via Skype™ to amn624
Tiger Woods, NFS - Not until Fall 2009?

Not until the fall!

From IPGN

Google: "iphone network tiger woods"

Quote:
Published: February 12, 2009

"So, while I was out there I got to spend a little time playing with the new Tiger Woods game. It’s still relatively early in the development cycle, but from what I played the game looks pretty good. It’s got a very nice 3d art style. The courses and the character models are very solid looking, and they will still be getting another layer of final polish. They decided to go with a swipe control method and not accelerometer, which was a great decision because the game controls very well. As you swipe back, the meter has yardage on it, so you know exactly how far you are going to be hitting the ball. Once you get to the green it has a very nice putting grid so you can see where the green breaks. I found that when putting, the ball would get stuck a lot, but like I said it’s still early and EA said that will be fixed in the final game. Overall, I’m excited to check out Tiger Woods when it launches in the Fall."

Need for Speed was very early in the development cycle, so I can’t say too much about it, but I will say that it looks very good graphically. It has one of the best 3d engines I’ve seen on a iPhone game, and there is still a lot of polish to be added. The control system they went with is a little odd, it’s tilt based, but you don’t control the speed of your car. It’s too early to make any judgments about the game, but I’m confident that it will be a pretty solid NFS game when it finally launched in Fall this year."

Last edited by salsamd; 02-12-2009 at 06:59 PM.
02-12-2009, 04:00 PM
Maybe they're just doing a super-accurate simulation. You know, with Tiger being injured and all...

02-12-2009, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwingOnThis View Post
Maybe they're just doing a super-accurate simulation. You know, with Tiger being injured and all...
Lol... probably
02-12-2009, 04:32 PM
It also says NFS will be released in fall
02-12-2009, 04:37 PM
Stating the obvious...THAT SUCKS!
02-12-2009, 04:39 PM
please stop making so many of these threads. NO ONE knows when exactly. oh wait; i know. sometime in 2009. that's all everyone knows. so please stop making a gazillion threads. they r pointless.
02-12-2009, 04:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardcoreEricXXX View Post
It also says NFS will be released in fall
No f***in' way
Maybe I'll just go buy westward...

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." ~ Albert Einstein
02-12-2009, 04:52 PM
The part about need for speed cant be true, ea said it would release this march, and it has already been delayed a few times, they couldnt afford delaying it anymore

iMob friend code: 100143586, name: The G0dfather
02-12-2009, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicarolina View Post
The part about need for speed cant be true, ea said it would release this march, and it has already been delayed a few times, they couldnt afford delaying it anymore
Sure they can afford too. People like us who create 10 or so threads every time they announce a screen shot are just adding to the hype of the game and likely increasing their initial sales. (Not that they won't already be ridiculous)
02-12-2009, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
Maybe I'll just go buy westward...
Do it anyway. Westward is a gem. Actually, at its current price it is a steal!

As far as NFS, I think they probably confused themselves. NFS will see the light of the day relatively soo. We've seen numerous screenshots and even a video, which would suggest the release date is definitely a lot earlier than Tiger Woods - for which there is no media of any sort as of now.