★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Pig Air comes to the iPad in glorious full-screen HD. Never before has flying a jet-powered roller skate pig through rolling fields and up into the clouds looked this good.

Pig Air let's you launch your pig from high atop the silo and control his flight through skill and determination.
Earn cash to further you research in swine avionics with upgrades and new flight gear. Jets will rocket your pig skyward while adding wings will allow him to glide gracefully to the ground. Maybe.

Win achievements to show your progress and compete globally for flying distance and altitude records with the built-in leaderboard.

FEATURES INCLUDE:
* Realistic pig flight physics. Probably as close as you'll ever get to flying a real pig.

* Integrated flight store. Spend your earnings to launch your pig higher and farther. Or just repair your glider, refuel your jets, and get back to flying pigs around the yard.

* Tap or tilt controls for precision 2-point pig landings. You'll need all your skill to squeeze the most distance out of each run.

* If your device has Internet access, you can compete to knock off the top pig pilots in the world.

* This iPad version features 1024x768 high-resolution artwork and animation.

deadweight's comments:
Part of the initial 1400 selected for the launch of the iPad store. Step up to full-screen high resolution jet-powered pig fun.

04-05-2010, 08:42 PM
Played this a while and got all the achievements but I cannot figure out where my high score is. I see the leader board, but haven't figured out how it works.
04-06-2010, 12:56 PM
Leaderboard is currently shared between the iPhone and iPad version, but it's really hard to crack the top. Some very dedicated players always finding a way to squeeze a little more distance or a little more height out of the pig. We reset the board every now and then, but it fills up quickly.

In between other projects we're trying to find time to add a challenge mode to Pig Air. Obstacles to fly through, precision gliding and landing, or maybe a set amount of cash to break the boards down into different categories. Always looking for feedback if you've got any ideas.
04-06-2010, 01:00 PM
Is there anywhere to see your own personal high score, I cannot find it. If it's not in the game, it is something that I think really should be.
04-06-2010, 01:31 PM
I see what you mean now. We're storing your high-score because you'll hear applause every time you break it, but yeah we only really display the online leaderboard. That's a good point, and one we should probably add.

We didn't think about multiple people playing on the same device much either, so maybe a traditional high-score board with initials or something as well. Wouldn't be too hard to do something like that maybe?
04-06-2010, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadweight View Post
I see what you mean now. We're storing your high-score because you'll hear applause every time you break it, but yeah we only really display the online leaderboard. That's a good point, and one we should probably add.

We didn't think about multiple people playing on the same device much either, so maybe a traditional high-score board with initials or something as well. Wouldn't be too hard to do something like that maybe?
Ya it would definitely add to the replay value.