★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: %50 OFF - LIMITED TIME SALE
APPLE: Great Platformer

Solve challenging puzzles in ancient Iraq. A critically acclaimed remake of the original Commodore Amiga game that was developed in Iraq in the 90s.

Over 2 MILLION mobile downloads!

4.5/5 - TouchArcade
4.5/5 - GamePro
5/5 - AppSmile
8/10 - PocketGamer (Silver Award)

"Fantastic head-scratching puzzles" - GamePro

"Top marks level design, superb challenges", EuroGamer

"A proud member of Mensa" - 148Apps

"Reminds us what was so good about 16-bit gaming" - PocketGamer

"A gorgeous, charming platformer with one of the most interesting backstories" - C-Net

"An Instant Classic" - THEAPPERA

Also featured on AOL News, Kotaku, Wired.com, Arstechnica, The Independent, The Vancouver Sun and others.

THE GAME
---------------
Babylonian Twins is a classic retro puzzle platform game that takes you to 576 BC in ancient Mesopotamia. With a beautifully reconstructed historic environments, original Middle Eastern music and innovative two-character control, you will enjoy days and weeks of exploration and mind-twisting puzzles.

Your take control of the twin princes of Babylon in their quest to restore peace in the city.

- Guide two characters to solve puzzles in unique co-operative tag-team control

- Over a Dozen Huge Levels across Five Worlds including:
- Tower of Babel
- The Assyrian Place
- The Procession Street
- The Hanging Gardens of Babylon)

- Super Crisp HD Graphics

- An Album Worth of Original Authentic Iraqi Music

- A Detailed Reconstruction of Ancient Mesopotamia derived from Authentic History texts

- Super Smooth Scrolling at 60fps

- Secret Treasures and Bonus Levels

Follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/babyloniantwins & Facebook: http://facebook.com/babyloniantwins for tips, support and special offers.

http://www.babyloniantwins.com

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

04-05-2010, 06:35 PM
Thanks for posting this. We are pleased to announce the availability of Babylonian Twins HD. The iPhone version will be available on the app store anytime.

We love platform games, especially puzzle platformers of the old days. Games that inspired the creation of the Amiga version of this game include: Superfrog and Lost Vikings on the Amiga and Konami's Maze of Galious on the MSX. This game combines fast action and puzzle solving in a unique two character gameplay.

We look at this release as the foundataion of the best puzzle platformer on the iDevices. Please feel free to post your feedback on this forum or directly to us at www.babyloniantwins.com/contact, your voice and support will help us shape future updates of the game.

04-21-2010, 05:05 PM
On sale for $1.99 for the weekend.
04-21-2010, 05:42 PM
Send a message via AIM to costanza
Guess I'll pick this up for $2. thanks for the heads up
04-21-2010, 06:03 PM
Just got it a little while ago due to the price. Pretty good. Only complaint so far is that I wish on the iPad there was a button, maybe below the d-pad, that switches between the twins...I'm sure it's fine on the iPhone, but on the iPad it's a little bit more of a stretch. Would just be much easier if there was a button to switch characters closer to one of the thumbs, also for entering doors wouldn't be too bad either.
04-23-2010, 05:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffyg3 View Post
Just got it a little while ago due to the price. Pretty good. Only complaint so far is that I wish on the iPad there was a button, maybe below the d-pad, that switches between the twins...I'm sure it's fine on the iPhone, but on the iPad it's a little bit more of a stretch. Would just be much easier if there was a button to switch characters closer to one of the thumbs, also for entering doors wouldn't be too bad either.
Thanks for your feedback.

You don't need to press all the way up on the corner to switch characters, just press anywhere above the dpad, that is basically all the upper left corner of the screen.
Same for the doors, you can press anywhere in the middle of the screen to enter doors. But you might be right that it is bit far from the finger.

I think in general having too many buttons will clutter the screen. I will wait for more feedback from users and then decide what is the best way to go.

Thanks again.
04-23-2010, 02:42 PM
Posting to remind myself of this over the weekend. Hopefully someone will bump this thread so it shows up in my UserCP later.
05-20-2010, 03:33 PM
Celebrating international iPad App Store launch, Babylonian Twins HD is on 40% Sale.

Celebrating international iPad App Store launch today, Babylonian Twins HD is on 40% Sale.
05-20-2010, 05:40 PM
Not nice for us that purchased a few days ago at full price!!!
05-20-2010, 06:03 PM
Hi,

Sales happen, just the nature of business in the appstore.

If the game was worth the price you paid, then why complain, you got your value.

David