★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: 4/5 stars -148apps.com

Take off on an adventure, and burn baby burn!

Jump, dash, hover, and burn your way through a never ending set of villages, great walls, and gates. How far can you get?

* RUN
Play as The Dragon and run as fast as you can through the level -- you get faster as you go so get your quick reflexes ready!

* JUMP
Jump over gaps and walls, and jump high to collect items. It all contributes to your score and your rank on the Plus+ leaderboards!

* HOVER
For when jumping just isn't enough, activate your hover and fly long distances! Great for getting over large gaps or hovering over walls that you can't dash through.

* DASH & BURN
Burn villages and send villagers flying, and break down the walls in your way! Be careful though -- you have a limited amount of fuel!

Super Jetpack Dragon IV also has a rockin' soundtrack, great sound effects, and Plus+ leaderboards and achievements! Download it today and see if you can be the top dragon!

--

And coming soon in 1.3, an all new game mode with 20 new levels to play through!

Bryan @ Muteki Corp's comments:
We first posted about this just last week, and as nimbly as their little (or large...we don't judge here) QA fingers could get through the testing, the game is now LIVE!

To bring some information over from the "upcoming..." thread:

Jetpack Dragon is here in Village Burntopia, sent back to Ancient China, with one goal: Terrorizing Villagers. But I'm getting ahead of myself...first, an introduction.
Meet Jetpack Dragon:

You control Jetpack Dragon as he runs, jumps, hovers, dashes, destroys, and most importantly, burnina...*ahem* I mean, burns...villages.

The game features constantly increasing difficulties, as well as the now-standard online leaderboards and awards. But enough of these words, on to a screenshot:

And those tiny specks on the grass? None other the evil hordes fleeing from your righteous flames! And how do we know they're evil? Simple. You're the good guy and video game science says anyone not you isn't.

And you can't argue with Science.

The Facts:

* It's FREE. Yes, that's right. It's almost like we're paying YOU to play the game. Only we're not paying you...but then you're not paying us either...so we'll call it even!

* It's got Plus+ integration for Leaderboards and Awards. Plus we have a couple cool user Badges for those that get the game. Trust me, it's worth the FREE download for those alone!

Super Jetpack Dragon IV: Village Burntopia
Available Now on the App Store
Get Burning!

--

First news about 1.1: here!

04-05-2010, 06:17 PM
lmao, I dont know what to think but the post made me laugh.

Will be downloading soon.

Playing Red Conquest! Username: Sebasterbator
Hit me up if you wanna play.

04-05-2010, 06:19 PM
awesome gonna try soon

/l、
(゚、 。 7
 l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_,)ノ
04-05-2010, 06:27 PM
This is actually a pretty fun game. Controls are simple and the graphics, mainly the background and running area are nice. I am having a little trouble with the leaderboards but that is not a huge deal.

Edit...leaderboards are now working for me.

Last edited by BazookaTime; 04-05-2010 at 06:30 PM.
04-05-2010, 06:27 PM
BURRRRRRRNNNNN!

Congrats to Bryan, Kevin, and the guys on an awesome game -- see you all on the leaderboards!

Ryan
Co-Founder, Muteki Corporation
Recently Released: Super Jetpack Dragon IV: Village Burntopia!(iTunes link) (web site)
The Battle of Pirate Bay! (iTunes link) (web site)
04-05-2010, 06:30 PM
Ads in between each session of playing

How about a .99 version with no ads? It's a fun game and I bet it would sell pretty well.

04-05-2010, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seishu View Post
Ads in between each session of playing

How about a .99 version with no ads? It's a fun game and I bet it would sell pretty well.
Thanks for the feedback Seishu!
While the ads didn't seem to be an issue in testing, if we see enough demand we may look at adding an in-game option to disable the ads via an in-app purchase.

What say you all, would this option be important to you?
04-05-2010, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan @ Muteki Corp View Post
Thanks for the feedback Seishu!
While the ads didn't seem to be an issue in testing, if we see enough demand we may look at adding an in-game option to disable the ads via an in-app purchase.

What say you all, would this option be important to you?

I don't like ads but since these only come up between games and are easy to skip, they really aren't that bad. However, I would probably pay .99 to get rid of them.
04-05-2010, 07:47 PM
Gee, I don't know, having never played Super Jetpack Dragon I-III will I be able to follow stuff?

I like it so far. A good take on the Canabalt/Run! like reflex running game with a nifty dragon theme!

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
OpenFeint, Plus+, & Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, Crystal, & iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
04-05-2010, 08:13 PM
Hey, if you make any updates could you include listing the local highscore right there on the Main Menu? As it stands, not only is the Main Menu Leaderboard just a online top 10 or so, both it and Plus+ seem to be VERY SLOW in updating their leaderboards (if they are at all). I just scored some 9,000 points but can't see it on any of the online leaderboards after several minutes (I actually have no clear way of telling if it was even uploaded or recorded anywhere for that matter).

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
OpenFeint, Plus+, & Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, Crystal, & iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews