★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

I would like some user information regarding iPad and gaming.

04-05-2010, 08:14 PM
I would like some user information regarding iPad and gaming.

The more I think about iPad, the more it seems to completely miss the point. Now, it could be that I am honestly not "getting it", so I was hoping iPad owners could fill me in on their usage habits.

Basically, I love my iPhone because it is a prime gaming handheld, smartphone, ipod and internet device rolled into one. It is the definitive portable device and makes it so that I only have to ever have one device on my at any one time. I always have it on me and so it is always available if I need it, whether to check traffic or to play a quick level of Sentinel 2 while hanging out in line at the post office. It is small and pocketable, but with a screen that is a joy to use (for anyone that has used older PDA devices, you know what I mean).

Now, the iPad seems to completely miss the point of what it is to be a portable device. It is much too large to be pocketable and requires that I carry two devices at all times (one of which is huge in comparison). So I basically need to plan on having time to game or surf the web, in which case I might have a better experience if I just used an actual full featured tablet pc or laptop as there are thousands of free, and entertaining flash games to play if I am already going to be carrying an extra (large) device.

I see no place whatsoever for the iPad in my life, and it would do nothing but fight for the leisure time I otherwise spend on my desktop or laptop at home. Not only that, even if I did leave the house with an iPad in tow, I would be reluctant to whip that thing out while standing in line or waiting for a bus since it is so utterly conspicuous and basically begs people to look over your shoulder.

So, I don't know.... what is the point of the iPad? Where could I fit it into my life? Now, I don't expect you to answer that part, but I would love to hear very detailed usage behaviors for people that use the iPad extensively. So please let me know what justifies the existence of a second and large device on my person when I leave the house.

In any case, I didn't want this to be too provocative, I am honestly curious, so please weigh in on the subject.

Last edited by pahncrd; 04-05-2010 at 08:17 PM.
04-05-2010, 08:25 PM
Thanks for moving my post, sorry about putting it in the wrong section, I wasn't paying attention.

04-05-2010, 09:44 PM
I would also like to know what sort of methods people use to carry the device around.
04-06-2010, 03:06 PM
Hmm, maybe others aren't sure either where the iPad fits.
04-06-2010, 03:57 PM
Quadruple post! Never seen that one before, bravo
04-06-2010, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by derek420 View Post
04-06-2010, 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by derek420 View Post
Trust me, that's notoriety you don't want.
04-06-2010, 04:40 PM
I was going to give a real response...but I figure...what's the point

Currently Playing: Plants vs. Zombies, The War of Eustrath, Zenonia 1, Phoenix Wright, The Quest
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/txag2005
Win ANY APP in Headcase Games' Daily 180 Twitter contest!
04-06-2010, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by txag2005 View Post
I was going to give a real response...but I figure...what's the point
What's with all of the bitterness? I'm honestly interested in answers to the questions I posted in the original post. I'm going to buy one if I can find a place to fit it into my life. That is why I want first hand knowledge from other users in response to my specific questions.
04-06-2010, 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pahncrd View Post
I would also like to know what sort of methods people use to carry the device around.
In a bag.

hi