★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Disney
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 29.8 MB
  • Version: 1.0.4
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: TURN ON THE LIGHTS IN BLACKOUT!

addicting and challenging
-Appmodo

"A great addition to anyone's puzzle collection.
-AppSpy

a definite winner, and certainly is a must buy game
-148apps

BLACKOUT is a match game with a mission. Time is running out and only you can save the city from blackout! In this illuminating new puzzle game, you must connect chains of subterranean crystals to clear a path of liquid energy that lights the city. Charge your crystal meter, trigger power surges and unlock special effects to score maximum points.

Three shimmering gameplay modes:

*Power Challenge yourself in Power Mode. Create a chain reaction by matching at least three power crystals and a detonator.
*Light Choose your path quickly and wisely in Light Mode. You can detonate one crystal at a time in this combination of maze and speed. *Eternal How long can you keep the lights on in Eternal Mode. Its just you against the darkness.

Radiant power ups!

*Detonate red crystals to unlock a superbomb, destroying the surrounding objects!
* Special green crystals reset your timer.
*Randomize your game board with the blue crystal power up!
*Yellow crystals instantly eliminate all the obstacles blocking your path!

Watch out for hazards and obstacles:

*Boulders, bedrock and indestructible walls will block your path.
*Crystal Bugs drain power! Squash these buggers with a nice combo.

Includes 55 levels of addicting gameplay, dazzling graphics, orchestral music and much more. If you like puzzles games with a purpose, BLACKOUT is your beacon of light!

****************** DISNEY MAKES MORE GREAT APPS ******************

Toy Story Mania, Phineas and Ferb Arcade, Disney Fairies Fly, Handy Manny Workshop, My Baby Einstein, Split/Second, Alice In Wonderland, JellyCar 3, and many more.

See all the Disney Apps at http://www.itunes.com/waltdisney
04-05-2010, 10:55 PM

04-05-2010, 11:01 PM
embedded here:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Youtube link | Pop Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
04-05-2010, 11:12 PM
I think this looks good.
04-05-2010, 11:20 PM
I might have to pick it up at some point. I own Breakspin and Luma from Disney and they were both fantastic. I'm gonna assume this'll have equivalent quality.

back
04-05-2010, 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
I think this looks good.
I'm with you, still not sure though because of the price. I am tempted to try it out though, please go first. lol
04-05-2010, 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedog View Post
I'm with you, still not sure though because of the price. I am tempted to try it out though, please go first. lol
I can pick it up. I am on my touch though, so impressions will be sort.
04-06-2010, 12:18 AM
I am on my touch, so here are some quick impressions.

Graphics are very polished and the sound/music is great.

Gameplay is fairly simple. You start on a detonator and draw a line through at least three same color jewels to blow them up. In doing so, you are trying to get light to certain areas to turn power on. Each level has a set number of spots that must be powered on.

After a level, you get to see that building light up.

There are three modes, power, light and endless. I am not sur what the endless mode was called. Power and light seemed similar, so maybe it is a difficulty setting.

What I don't like. The puzzle is way bigger than the screen. So you use two fingers to drag around the screen to see where you need to be. Because of that, the touch controls (which are really good) can feel off because as you drag you finger the screen may scroll to an area you can't see yet.

So, quality game but I wish it was contained to one screen. I doubt I will keep this on my touch.
04-06-2010, 12:34 AM
hmm, yeah that thing you say about the puzzles being too big for the screen, I see that now in the video. Might still check this out if it goes on a sale. Probably be a good game for the ipad because of the size issue.
04-27-2010, 12:44 PM
This looks pretty cool, I'm surprised more people haven't commented on it. I would try it, but I have about 5 Match-3s too many as it is.

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
Anticipating: Spirit Hunter Mineko, Rogue Touch EX, Fargoal 2, Cursed Realms