★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Vertigo Rogue is an original, fast-paced arcade style action game with a real 3D mode that puts you in the seat of a heavily armed helicopter taking on a range of land, sea and air based enemies. See reviews and video on support site www.vertigorogue.com

As an ex-con mercenary fighter pilot about to retire and settle down, you are whirled into a sinister plot where you are forced to enact the role of a flying mafia hitman in a city where the on-going conflict between 7 criminal organizations is about to spin out of control in a frantic, explosive climax.

Vertigo Rogue features:
1. An originial, non-linear story line with 38 varied missions
2. A huge, detailed landscape of unprecedented complexity
3. Advanced, realistic graphics in a rich and populated environment
4. A selection of 8 different weapon types
5. A powerful, yet simple and intuitive two-thumb control system
6. Advanced 3D sound environment
7. Optional stereoscopic, red/blue color-filtered 3D mode
Note: 3D glasses are of course not included, but if you happen to have a pair of those old cardboard goggles with a red/blue 3D filter, turn on the 3D mode and enjoy the REAL vertigo effect!
Note that in stereoscopic mode, the frame rate will be lower and the most convincing depth effect is achieved on the newest generations of iPod Touch/iPhones. The color coded 3D mode will not work with shutter- or polarized 3D glasses as used in theaters.

Devilishly Good's comments:

Lite : http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/vertigo-rogue-lite/id366476188?mt=8
04-06-2010, 01:15 AM
Send a message via MSN to FK1983
Looks cool but $4.99 with no lite and no video?!

Do you need a game testing or reviewing? PM me!

Plunderland, absolutely amazing game!

04-06-2010, 12:17 PM
Is this the developers post? If so man, why'd I just pay 5 bucks for an app that has more glitch in it then a tweeked out meth head?? iPhone 3gs. So that's not the problem. PM me if you have any ideas, but you should remove this game immediatly from the app store until fixed. How do I go about getting my 5 bucks back?
04-06-2010, 12:23 PM
That's not a very good first review.

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic
04-06-2010, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natron View Post
Is this the developers post? If so man, why'd I just pay 5 bucks for an app that has more glitch in it then a tweeked out meth head?? iPhone 3gs. So that's not the problem. PM me if you have any ideas, but you should remove this game immediatly from the app store until fixed. How do I go about getting my 5 bucks back?
Devilishly Good is not the developer. There is a website for support -- you can access it directly from iTunes. If you want a refund, though, you need to contact Apple through iTunes.
04-06-2010, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
Devilishly Good is not the developer. There is a website for support -- you can access it directly from iTunes. If you want a refund, though, you need to contact Apple through iTunes.
On phone with them now, its one thing on a .99 cent app to be disappointed, its another animal when its for 5 bucks and the app is so glitchy you feel like a seizure is gonna kick in! It flat does not work. Makes you wonder what exactly goes on during app approval? Couple of monkeys with iphones and "approval" stamps is the visual in my head. Too Bad cause the game on the screenshots looks amazing! For the last time I have bought an app without a gameplay video associated to it.
04-06-2010, 01:02 PM
With this title, I was hoping for a trippy roguelike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
04-06-2010, 01:20 PM
Apple directed me to contact the developer for this game before they could initiate the refund process...problem is the developer is in Denmark and Im too haste for an email response...So I called them. The gentleman on the other line was very gracious and concerned even though I was heated. I explained the issues to which he said he had none on the devices he tested on, which were a regular iphone and a 2nd gen. Ipod touch. Im running a 32gb 3gs. Anyway, back to waring with iphone now that Ive spent more than 5 bucks on an international call.

Has anybody else dished the 5 bucks for this game and is experiencing issues? (Freezing and bit rate issues that make game unplayable?) not at any particular point, its noticeable even in game menus. Feedback would be awesome!
04-06-2010, 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natron View Post
Apple directed me to contact the developer for this game before they could initiate the refund process...problem is the developer is in Denmark and Im too haste for an email response...So I called them. The gentleman on the other line was very gracious and concerned even though I was heated. I explained the issues to which he said he had none on the devices he tested on, which were a regular iphone and a 2nd gen. Ipod touch. Im running a 32gb 3gs. Anyway, back to waring with iphone now that Ive spent more than 5 bucks on an international call.

Has anybody else dished the 5 bucks for this game and is experiencing issues? (Freezing and bit rate issues that make game unplayable?) not at any particular point, its noticeable even in game menus. Feedback would be awesome!
Frankly, I was holding out for some gameplay video before jumping in. I appreciate you TOFTTing. I have a 3Gs too, and I guess I'll wait for an update and more info about performance. It does look really good, I and found the small memory footprint to be intriguing -- seemed like the mark of a developer who's really into optimization.
04-06-2010, 02:26 PM
Investigating problem, top priority

Hi Guys,

thanks for you immediate response to the game and I'm truly sorry for the bad experience you had with it! Since it appears that several persons have experienced problems with screen flickering (vertical 'jumping', as I understand it) on primarily iPhone 3GS, I decided to pull the application from sale immediately and investigate it further - I'll try to get my hands on a 3GS myself tomorrow morning and start testing it. As soon as I have fixed the problem, I'll post and updated version and get it back in the shop.

For those of you who are too disappointed to wait for the fix, you have the possibility to go to your purchase history in iTunes and report a problem with the app to get a refund; If you go for this, kindly describe as precisely as possible the problem you experienced and the platform you are running on, that will help me solving the bug - thanks :-)

I hope to get an updated version back in store right after the weekend (has to go through Apple's review again), and I hope for your patience and understanding until then; either way, I'll keep you updated on my findings.

Thanks
/Thomas

PS: My test base has been iPhones 3G and various iPod Touch devices. I'm particularly interested to learn of (additional/other) problems with any of these - the hardware is supposed to be uniform across each model, but then again, it appears that there could be minor differences that can bite you :-/