★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Ancient Words - The Big Quest Into Imagination of Ancient Labyrinth.

View Poll Results: What you like most?
Music 1 6.67%
Sound Fx 6 40.00%
Graphics 8 53.33%
All 5 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll
04-06-2010, 05:51 AM
Game Impressions

Last edited by wiitz.com; 04-06-2010 at 04:34 PM. Reason: just changed to itunes link
04-06-2010, 06:02 AM
sorry, this is mistake. I did not check that i was post this before... I can delete the post... or I can't see such option.

04-06-2010, 06:50 AM
This is very interesting to me - but confusing rules it appears at the same time. I am particularly interested in the Greek letters knowing the language. For others though would it only be a matching game? Is the game really in Greek?
04-06-2010, 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post
This is very interesting to me - but confusing rules it appears at the same time. I am particularly interested in the Greek letters knowing the language. For others though would it only be a matching game? Is the game really in Greek?
Yes, this are greek letters and greek words. Each word has its meaning and each is taken from dictionary or book. Only which that game does not have in words are accents (maybe better word is diacritic I don't know wich should I use).
04-06-2010, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiitz.com View Post
Yes, this are greek letters and greek words. Each word has its meaning and each is taken from dictionary or book. Only which that game does not have in words are accents (maybe better word is diacritic I don't know wich should I use).
So do we need to find the letters on the grid to make the words already supplied or are we expected to actually spell valid words in Greek?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
04-06-2010, 12:26 PM
It appears that you form the word that is given to you according to those long list of rules. Now for me who recognizes the alphabet and letters it would be playing a word game in Greek and only having to remember what appears, to me anyway, a very complex scoring system. For someone who does not understand Greek it would probably just be a matching game as I said before - like find these letters in this order.

I am very intrigued but it would not let me purchase it this morning. (how often do I get a game in Greek?) It said item being modified.

(sorry, I didn't hit quote - this was in answer to Lord Gek)

Last edited by New England Gamer; 04-06-2010 at 12:27 PM. Reason: oops
04-06-2010, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
So do we need to find the letters on the grid to make the words already supplied or are we expected to actually spell valid words in Greek?
We need to find letters on the grid to spell word displayed on bottom of the screen.

04-06-2010, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post
It appears that you form the word that is given to you according to those long list of rules. Now for me who recognizes the alphabet and letters it would be playing a word game in Greek and only having to remember what appears, to me anyway, a very complex scoring system. For someone who does not understand Greek it would probably just be a matching game as I said before - like find these letters in this order.

I am very intrigued but it would not let me purchase it this morning. (how often do I get a game in Greek?) It said item being modified.

(sorry, I didn't hit quote - this was in answer to Lord Gek)
I am glad that somebody is so very intrigued my game. It is interesting maybe it was time of price changing or sth. that you had message about being modified.
04-06-2010, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiitz.com View Post
We need to find letters on the grid to spell word displayed on bottom of the screen.

Thanks you two for clearing this up. Not being able to speak or read Greek this initially sounded pretty daunting.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
04-06-2010, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Thanks you two for clearing this up. Not being able to speak or read Greek this initially sounded pretty daunting.
Extremely daunting and some tap tap revenge like